This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
ut1238

Posted: 24 Aug 2010 12:26:31 am    Post subject:

I did all of the commands from Goplat. Everything returns to device file not exist.
I just just the code in the program using the suggestion of Goplat and bsl. Here is what I type in the command prompt:

C:\Documents and Settings\David>cd C:\Documents and Settings\David\Desktop\GetOS

C:\Documents and Settings\David\Desktop\GetOS>getos copyFile /phx/TI-Nspire.tnc
/phx/documents/OS/TI-Nspire.tns

What do I put in the command prompt now?

I just discovered something. If there are any files under the Documents folder, the "send" option is disable in the menu option(can't click on it). When I don't have any files under the Documents folder, the "send" link is enabled even though I can't "send" anything. Any idea?

Last edited by Guest on 24 Aug 2010 12:47:45 am; edited 1 time in total
bsl

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Aug 2010 12:47:19 am    Post subject:

This may require a little more research , I may have the right idea here.
If they changed the directory from /phx/ to /phoenix/ , who knows what TI-Nspire.tnc was called on the prototype model..
I did notice a CAS+ on ebay, with the cdrom !!! - could the OS be on that ?

EDIT: from your last post: reset the calculator

Last edited by Guest on 24 Aug 2010 12:52:42 am; edited 1 time in total
ut1238

Posted: 24 Aug 2010 12:49:49 am    Post subject:

The CD ROM only contains the software not the operating system.
I might be wrong. The only thing is to negotiate a price for the CD files to be sent over to us through the internet. That should be doable right? I'm sure the seller would be ecstatic if they make some money while not sending out any physical items.
Is there anything else that can be done to figure out the extension of the operating system at least?

Last edited by Guest on 24 Aug 2010 01:10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
ExtendeD

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Aug 2010 01:06:56 pm    Post subject:

Ndless patches navnet.dll to allow .. in file parameters (see ndless.install.setup.ConnectivitySetup.makePatchedNavnetLib()).
Shouldn't it also be done with this version of Computer Link?
ut1238

Posted: 24 Aug 2010 02:33:39 pm    Post subject:

Goplat, extended, or anyone one tells me how to incorporate the NDless code onto the Nspire link so that we can further proceed with getting the operating system out? Give me any command or program that you want me to run.

Last edited by Guest on 24 Aug 2010 02:36:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goplat

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Aug 2010 03:47:51 pm    Post subject:

ut1238 wrote:

Goplat, extended, or anyone one tells me how to incorporate the NDless code onto the Nspire link so that we can further proceed with getting the operating system out? Give me any command or program that you want me to run.

Computer Link 1.0 doesn't have NavNet.dll. The files that appear to serve the same purpose are PXConJNI.dll and pn-net.dll. Neither file has that check for "\.." and "/.." that Ndless patches out. So I really don't know what to do.
ut1238

Posted: 24 Aug 2010 04:06:09 pm    Post subject:

So, is there anything that can be done to make the project progress a little bit further? If it helps, on the portion of the about section in TI-CAS+ , it said that portion of the software licensed by Datalight Inc. libraries from www.zlib.net and expat.sourceforge.net
There's no OpenSSL in which version 1.2 has.
Also, is there a way to access PXConJNI.dll and pn-net.dll and analyze them?

Last edited by Guest on 24 Aug 2010 04:36:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
bsl

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Aug 2010 01:21:06 am    Post subject:

Try this:

Code:

c:\> rename pn-net.dll           pn-net.dll.backup
c:\> rename patched-pn-net.dll   pn-net.dll

and run the tests yesterday. If this fails outright just delete the patched dll and rename your backup.
I included a ".." as part of the search pattern .

[attachment=3258:patch.zip]

Here is patch 2 for /phx/phoenix:
[attachment=3259:patch2-pn-net.zip]

Try this with the regular dll:
C:\Documents and Settings\David\Desktop\GetOS>getos copyFile /phx/phoenix/install/TI-Nspire.tnc
/phx/documents/OS/TI-Nspire.tns

Last edited by Guest on 26 Aug 2010 02:37:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goplat

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Aug 2010 06:36:28 pm    Post subject:

I just had a thought - on the normal CAS, the filesystem contains: /dev, /tmp, /phoenix, /documents, /logs, /widgets. (with lots of stuff under /phoenix)

What have we seen on the CAS+? /phx/tmp and /phx/documents. So maybe /phx is not the equivalent of the normal CAS's /phoenix, but rather of /. Could the OS be in /phx/phoenix?! Worth a try...
bsl

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Aug 2010 09:19:16 pm    Post subject:

I guess anything is a try now. I just noticed the dll did not contain ".." which allows browsing,
so I put it in .
If you notice on the Datalight shell when you do a listing under /documents/ or /phoenix/ you don't
get a ".." only a "." and thats it for a listing, but under /documents/examples/ or /phoenix/syst/ you get ".",".." and all its files and subdirectories.
So if ".." is missing you only get the directories the dll gives you under /phx/ which are "documents" and "tmp",
thats why I overwrote "tmp" with "..\x00"
Lets see how this works out ????
Looking over the help files I think we can assume the file TI-Nspire.tnc is what we are looking for[used in example]
The link software does not recognize *.tno files , only *.tnc,*.tns
kered09

Posted: 28 Aug 2010 07:58:14 pm    Post subject:

Has Ndless 2 been released to the public yet? If so, how can a copy be obtained? Otherwise, does anyone have a personal copy of OS 1.1 that they could email me? My email is dsheartboy@yahoo.com
jhgenius01

Posted: 28 Aug 2010 08:58:31 pm    Post subject:

Yes, i will email it to you, it is also available and other versions at <other places>. i wont post it on unitedti.org in case i get sued by TI, they are very strict on distributing copies of os1.1

and i wish ndless for os 2.0/2.1 would come out.

*puts the link away* Not here, please. –Weregoose

Sorry WEregoose is strict at handing out illicit stuff and i shouldn't have posted it. though i saw the link on <other forum> that should be removed

Last edited by Guest on 30 Aug 2010 07:57:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
parkershepherd

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 05:28:33 pm    Post subject:

Well I am most certainly interested, as I just received my ti nspire touchpad yesterday (!!!) but unfortunately my only real coding experience is web based.... Any news on the chance of an OS 2.0 compatible version of ndless sneaking out soon?
ExtendeD

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 01 Sep 2010 02:43:48 am    Post subject:

Compatibility with OS 1.7 is on the way.
Compatibility with OS 2.0/2.1 is not planned yet.
jhgenius01

Posted: 01 Sep 2010 04:30:01 am    Post subject:

os 1.7 compatibility is a big improvement, at least i won't have the os1.1 power management bug where you have to pull out the batteries every time you start it up and also i can continue programming in basic, v1.7 has the feature of typing a full stop in a program name which will bring up a menu. Eg: you have a few programs named: a.new, a.save, a.load, a.quit. During program execution when you type in a. the menu with new, save, load quit comes up.

Keep up the good work ExtendeD!!!
apcalc

Posted: 01 Sep 2010 07:52:57 pm    Post subject:

Sounds good ExtendeD!
mad33tcompynrd

Posted: 14 Sep 2010 10:18:23 pm    Post subject:

kered09 wrote:

Has Ndless 2 been released to the public yet? If so, how can a copy be obtained? Otherwise, does anyone have a personal copy of OS 1.1 that they could email me? My email is dsheartboy@yahoo.com

Man, I can't find the OS either. Can anyone email it to me?
swordchucksensai@gmail.com
I would greatly appreciate it.
bwang

Posted: 15 Sep 2010 12:32:27 am    Post subject:

Do not turn this thread into a request thread for OS 1.1, please.
apcalc

Posted: 15 Sep 2010 03:34:04 pm    Post subject:

OS 1.1 is not really that hard to find on the internet...

Just look around, the full version number is 1.1.9253.

The reason why this can't be distributed openly is that Texas Instruments send a DMCA to another TI Website over hosting this OS. I am sure the staff at United TI would not be too happy if they got a DMCA too over this (they have in the past over the signing keys, I believe).
mad33tcompynrd

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 08:42:33 pm    Post subject:

bwang wrote:

Do not turn this thread into a request thread for OS 1.1, please.

Alright...What about a request for computer link 1.3? I can't seem to find that.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement