This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Mar 2010 03:28:02 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know of any good tutorials for programming with C on the TI-89 that is very comprehensive? Not so much for the C syntax but more for the assembly references to do things like clear the screen, etc.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Mar 2010 04:37:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
wesley

Posted: 01 Mar 2010 07:14:54 pm    Post subject:

Techno Plaza has a pretty good one I'm zooming through right now (at least when I have the time). If you've done any programming, it should be pretty simple to understand.

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Mar 2010 02:03:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the link.

Trying this code for a first sample but it will not compile with TIGCC because of the stdout and the stdin:

Code:
#include <tigcclib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

int main()
{
      clrscr ();
      char text[20];
      fputs("enter some text: ", stdout);
      fflush(stdout);
      if ( fgets(text, sizeof text, stdin) != NULL )
      {
            char *newline = strchr(text, '\n'); /* search for newline character */
            if ( newline != NULL )
            {
                  *newline = '\0'; /* overwrite trailing newline */
            }
            printf("text = \"%s\"\n", text);
      }
      return 0;
      ngetchx();
}

Is the 89 limited to what it can do with C? Or why can it not use all it's features? Or am I missing something?
wesley

Posted: 02 Mar 2010 08:57:30 pm    Post subject:

Newbie wrote:
Is the 89 limited to what it can do with C? Or why can it not use all it's features? Or am I missing something?

Okay, remember that this calculator doesn't have a command line, so [font="Courier New"]stdin
and [font="Courier New"]stdout aren't going to work.

Where are you trying to put or draw the text?

I'm sorry I don't have an alternative solution, I'm just starting out learning C.

EDIT: Oh, and I would recommend using the newer version of TIGCC: GCC4TI.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Mar 2010 09:00:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Mar 2010 09:40:30 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the newer version. I'll check that out. After further reading after my post I found out that it was for the command line and why it wouldn't work. The text with printf() will put text on the home screen I believe and DrawStr is for the graph screen. I need to read up on the TI-89 specific functions for programming with C.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement