This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
kinkoa

Posted: 01 Mar 2010 09:40:52 am    Post subject:

anyone have ideas for attacks or items you will be included in the credits for any help contributed

also on a side note this is my 100th post
MrXuj

Posted: 01 Mar 2010 12:40:56 pm    Post subject:

Anything specific?

Health/Mana etc related?

What's the theme of your rpg: medieval, futuristic etc?
Bhaliar

Posted: 01 Mar 2010 03:45:06 pm    Post subject:

well attacks should be varied. Like devastator attacks, which consume something or can only be used after powering up enough of something. Then light attacks, which do standard damage with no other effects or a bit od damage with some effects.items could be some limited unlockables that effect the afore mentioned something's.

Attacks:

I have a good one. If you ever play Zelda, you know of the jump attack. Its where you press A then attack(though it'll be different for calc) and the guy hops into the air a bit, and comes down in a slash. It does a good deal more damaged, but takes a couple of secs, where regular slashes can do like 3 in the same time.

Items:

Shovel. This is just an examle in basic. Say the guy digs. randint(1,100) Even numbers get squat. Odd numbers in 50 get minor money. 40's is minor hp. Getting specific numbers say, 77, will give you mahor hp or money. etc.

I'll probably think of some others. Ooohh. I just thought of one in the same post. I'm good. .... But mini turrets. I don't know if it would work, but they would be cool.
kinkoa

Posted: 02 Mar 2010 09:53:46 am    Post subject:

MrXuj wrote:
Anything specific?

Health/Mana etc related?

What's the theme of your rpg: medieval, futuristic etc?

its medieval set and i want all 15 damage attacks 5 support

Bhaliar wrote:
well attacks should be varied. Like devastator attacks, which consume something or can only be used after powering up enough of something. Then light attacks, which do standard damage with no other effects or a bit od damage with some effects.items could be some limited unlockables that effect the afore mentioned something's.

Attacks:

I have a good one. If you ever play Zelda, you know of the jump attack. Its where you press A then attack(though it'll be different for calc) and the guy hops into the air a bit, and comes down in a slash. It does a good deal more damaged, but takes a couple of secs, where regular slashes can do like 3 in the same time.

Items:

Shovel. This is just an examle in basic. Say the guy digs. randint(1,100) Even numbers get squat. Odd numbers in 50 get minor money. 40's is minor hp. Getting specific numbers say, 77, will give you mahor hp or money. etc.

I'll probably think of some others. Ooohh. I just thought of one in the same post. I'm good. .... But mini turrets. I don't know if it would work, but they would be cool.

Ive beat every Zelda game but that wont work actually as you level up you gain stamina and its used to perform your attacks the bigger the attack the more stamina you use now to compensate for a lack of stamina when you run out there are two starter attacks that do little damage but use noi stamina (stamina can only be refilled with items) the idea of a digger is a good idea but its a homescreen RPG
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here are some typed screenshots from a lack of graphlink cable these are the stating three map screens the .'s are spaces

******..[...****
*****..<D=[...**
**......[.....**
**............**
**...........***
***.........****
****........****
----------------
****........****
***VWVWVWVWV****
**VWVWVWVWVWV***
**WVWVWVWVWVWV**
**VWVWVWVWVWVW**
***VWVWVWVWVWV**
***WVWVWVWVWV***
****WVWVWVWV****
----------------
****VWVWVWVW****
***VWVWVWVWVWVW*
**VWVWVWVW******
**WVWVWVWV******
**VWVWVWVW**....
**WVWVWVWV**...*
**VWVWVWV**...**
**W.W.W..**..***

the v's and w's are grass

Last edited by Guest on 01 Jul 2010 09:36:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Bhaliar

Posted: 03 Mar 2010 03:17:08 pm    Post subject:

Aww. Yeah. That does throw a wrench. Very Happy. A weed wacker to cut grass. :D

Hmmm. I'll post some later.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement