This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Dec 2003 05:07:25 pm    Post subject:

Well guys, as you can see from the screenshot above, I got it so you can now kill enemies, and die from landing on them, or else falling in a hole.

I can easily make it so some enemies are stronger then others, like basically 1 enemy could take 1 shot to die, and others can take 3 shots to die. What do u think I should do?

And also, the 00000's in top right corner are gonna be the score. Im going to rig it so It has alot of 0's infront of the score so it gives it an "arcade" feel to it Very Happy

***IVE GOT A GREAT IDEA FOR HOW TO CODE ENEMIES WHILE SAVING SPEED ALOT, AND ALLOWING ENEMIES TO MOVE, SHOOT IN 2 DIRECTIONS, AND CHANGE DIRECTION IN WHICH THEY ARE FACING. FINALLY AN IDEA. WOOOOOHOOOOO****** Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing
Matt

Posted: 08 Dec 2003 05:17:35 pm    Post subject:

That looks great man. . .are there any demos out?
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Dec 2003 06:48:10 pm    Post subject:

not that i am aware of, but i am (and i am sure others are too) awaiting a demo Smile :D

about the idea Bryan, sounds like that will make it wayyy awesome! i have a quick question... does the guy flash like that when you play on the calc?
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Dec 2003 09:12:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
i have a quick question... does the guy flash like that when you play on the calc?

Well it obviously has to clear the guy with text(, however the crappy TISSHOT animated screenshot thing I use, tends to skip over frames, and make it seem likes its flashing longer, and more often then it really does, so the answer to your question is no Very Happy

Ummm, I maye have a demo out soon, with like 1 level or something like that, but if all goes well I might have the enemy routines done or else nearing completion by sunday.

Ill keep ya'll updated.... Very Happy
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 08 Dec 2003 09:48:47 pm    Post subject:

wow, did i miss something? How did you make that guy look so cool using text(?
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Dec 2003 09:52:23 am    Post subject:

No I did not use text( to draw the guy I only used it to clear the guy. I drew the guy with 3 pixels, and 1 line. The tewo leg pixels have a boolean logic statement that move them up depending on the variable in which you are moving, so its pretty cool how it worked.

I used text to clear him b/c it saves speed, instead of saying PxlOff(and everything. Very Happy
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Dec 2003 06:14:30 pm    Post subject:

Bryan Thomas wrote:
Quote:
i have a quick question... does the guy flash like that when you play on the calc?

Well it obviously has to clear the guy with text(, however the crappy TISSHOT animated screenshot thing I use, tends to skip over frames, and make it seem likes its flashing longer, and more often then it really does, so the answer to your question is no Very Happy

Ummm, I maye have a demo out soon, with like 1 level or something like that, but if all goes well I might have the enemy routines done or else nearing completion by sunday.

Ill keep ya'll updated.... Very Happy

aight, nice! i am SUPER DUPERLY excited dude! lol!

if you have an extensive knowledge of Windows Programming, then you should make a level editor Razz
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 10 Dec 2003 05:54:36 pm    Post subject:

Or release the documentation/source that would let someone else make one, or have an oncalc level editor like mario. I'm glad to know that it doesen't really flash as much as the picture shows.
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Dec 2003 04:59:49 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm, I actually was thinking about a level editor, where the user would be able to make levels with as many frames as they like and with complete freedom. It would be ONCALC and programmed in BASIC, however I dont think I will make it before I release it because then its just more time you guys have to wait Very Happy but Ill definetely think more about it. Maybe Ill request the help of a UTI member. We will see Very Happy

***BTW LVL ALMOST DONE, DEMO NEARING COMPLETION***
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 16 Dec 2003 08:59:25 pm    Post subject:

Wow this game looks great, and for a program written in BASIC, WOW. It almost looks the the real thing!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement