This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 22 Jan 2010 01:30:32 pm    Post subject:

I have uploaded at http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/download/setup.exe a pre-version (for Windows, obviously Very Happy) of TILP II 1.14, for beta-testing Smile
(*nix users can try http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/download/install_tilp.sh , start by looking inside the script)
Even if I'm trying to get myself the necessary infrastructure for being a decent (co-)maintainer (bought a 89T, a 83+SE and a SilverLink), it's necessary to perform wider and deeper testing than just what I did on my Vista x86 and Seven x64 VMs Wink
In particular, I can see driver trouble on Seven x64 (complains about unsigned drivers) but not under Vista x86. I can also see that unless the UAC is completely disabled (baaaaad !), Seven forbids TILP to write tilp.ini => need to improve this (by changing the location, probably).

Since TILP II 1.13, visible changes are TI-68k bugfixes (especially for PedroM), and important bugfixes for TI-Z80 (TI-Connect is now much happier with files and groups created by TILP). TILP keeps supporting, in a transparent way, the incorrect groups created by previous versions. I think I fixed a build/packaging problem that makes TILP II 1.13 not work for many users.

This test version was compiled with MSVC 2008 and GTK+ 2.12.9 (such was the result of a multi-forum poll one year ago: 9x/ME/NT4 support is no longer guaranteed).
Therefore, you have to install the VC++ 2008 Redistributable Package ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...4d-074b9f2bc1bf ) if you don't have it yet. I hope to find a working MSVC 6, so as to remove that dependency.

A small limitation in this test version: no French locale. Not that most of those who read this board care, though.

Thanks in advance Wink

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jan 2010 01:58:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZagorNBK

Posted: 22 Jan 2010 01:37:07 pm    Post subject:

When you say "interoperability with TI-Connect", does this mean that you can have both TILP and TI-Connect work at the same time?
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 22 Jan 2010 01:59:04 pm    Post subject:

That would be great, but unfortunately, no (Windows doesn't like having two drivers for the same piece of hardware).
I just meant that TI-Connect now likes much better 83+/84+ files and groups received with TILP.
I've edited my post.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 09:49:53 pm    Post subject:

I was working on setting up some svn PKGBUILD's for Arch LInux when I noticed you still don't install .desktop files for TILP or GFM, is this planned to be fixed before the final release or well maintainers need to provide their own .desktop files?

Also where are the udev rules for located and is there a way to have them be installed by which ever package they belong to, or should maintainers move away from the udev rules to the *-kit setup?
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 30 Jan 2010 02:28:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I was working on setting up some svn PKGBUILD's for Arch Linux when I noticed you still don't install .desktop files for TILP or GFM

I saw that the TILP sources contain a number of .desktop files, but I wasn't aware that they weren't installed.
Quote:
is this planned to be fixed before the final release or well maintainers need to provide their own .desktop files?

This can be fixed if you or someone else helps me :)

Quote:
Also where are the udev rules for located

libticables sources, CONFIG file. In the SVN repository: /libticables/trunk/CONFIG.
Quote:
and is there a way to have them be installed by which ever package they belong to

There is definitely a way, since Kevin used to do that in his CalcForge packages.
Quote:
or should maintainers move away from the udev rules to the *-kit setup?

udev rules do work (I've used them myself for Debian Lenny) and will remain described in the CONFIG file for older distros, but the distros that have the newer infrastructure can use it Smile
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Jan 2010 05:34:48 pm    Post subject:

Lionel Debroux wrote:
Quote:
I was working on setting up some svn PKGBUILD's for Arch Linux when I noticed you still don't install .desktop files for TILP or GFM

I saw that the TILP sources contain a number of .desktop files, but I wasn't aware that they weren't installed.
Quote:
is this planned to be fixed before the final release or well maintainers need to provide their own .desktop files?

This can be fixed if you or someone else helps me Smile

I took a look and it appears that all of the .desktop files you have are in the KDE directory and so the --disable-kde configure option well disables all of them. I suggest you remove the separation and use the same .desktop files for all environments rather than have the separation there is now.

Lionel Debroux wrote:
Quote:
Also where are the udev rules for located

libticables sources, CONFIG file. In the SVN repository: /libticables/trunk/CONFIG.
Quote:
and is there a way to have them be installed by which ever package they belong to

There is definitely a way, since Kevin used to do that in his CalcForge packages.
Quote:
or should maintainers move away from the udev rules to the *-kit setup?

udev rules do work (I've used them myself for Debian Lenny) and will remain described in the CONFIG file for older distros, but the distros that have the newer infrastructure can use it Smile

After looking at that file my thought would be to add a configure option such as --use-udev or --use-console-kit and having those file be installed automatically would be the suggested method here as well rather than relying on the maintainer to set them up correctly as there may be a few people installing from source until Distro's catch up to the newest release.

I can say that support for the 89Ti is much improved and had no issues even when the device auto powered down and I had to reconnect it.
benryves

Posted: 02 Feb 2010 09:57:51 am    Post subject:

Lionel Debroux wrote:
Therefore, you have to install the VC++ 2008 Redistributable Package ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...4d-074b9f2bc1bf ) if you don't have it yet. I hope to find a working MSVC 6, so as to remove that dependency.
You could statically link the runtime library into the application (which brings in a whole raft of other problems) or - as you've already got an installer - just bundle the redist with your own installer and run it as part of the installation process.
FloppusMaximus

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Feb 2010 12:56:46 am    Post subject:

You could also compile it using MinGW, which uses msvcrt.dll.

I think it's utterly ridiculous that they keep making new, mutually incompatible C libraries. And what exactly is the point of DLLs if every program has to include its own set of them?
benryves

Posted: 03 Feb 2010 07:12:00 am    Post subject:

FloppusMaximus wrote:
And what exactly is the point of DLLs if every program has to include its own set of them?
Not every program has to include its own set; you could just assume that the user already installed them as part of another application. To make life easier for the user, you may as well just bundle the redist with your own installer, though.
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 03 Feb 2010 02:10:19 pm    Post subject:

Native MinGW is awfully slow here, 3 to 5 seconds per line of configure, and it ends up not working anyway: I've therefore given up Very Happy
I'm currently going through the procedure for cross-MinGW. I started yesterday, but it takes time because, between other things, I need to compile Wine myself to work around a bug that prevents installing GTK+.
[EDIT: and since, beyond the usual incompatibilities beyond Linux distros, the build procedure for Fedora described by Kevin is not detailed enough (some implicit steps are required), some guess work and trial & error + tinkering is necessary. Sigh.]

Last edited by Guest on 03 Feb 2010 03:34:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
FloppusMaximus

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Feb 2010 10:26:13 pm    Post subject:

For cross-compiling stuff, what I've done is to write an "i586-mingw32msvc-pkg-config" script (which basically just sets PKG_CONFIG_PATH and calls the regular pkg-config.) It's then, more or less, a matter of simply unpacking all of the GTK+ "development packages" to the right place, and tweaking the "prefix" lines in the .pc files. (No Wine necessary.) This will work for all of the GTK+ libraries; for some of the other libraries, a little more work may be needed.

For running stuff on Wine (if you really want to do that), I remember that some stuff had to be changed in cairo because fonts were displayed absurdly large. I don't remember exactly what it was I needed to change, though I suppose I could figure it out.

You could also use GTK+ 2.6 for testing on Wine, if TiLP still supports that.

Edit: I've managed, with a bit of coaxing, to get it all to compile. I had to tweak the configure scripts - they really, really want you to use Genuine GNU Gettext, and apparently the Windows version is not considered genuine enough.

As for the dependencies, I have GTK+ libraries in /home/benjamin/packages/gtk-2.6-w32/, libglade and libxml2 in /home/benjamin/packages/glade-w32/, and libusb-win32 in /home/benjamin/packages/libusb-w32/. All of the corresponding pkgconfig directories, plus /home/benjamin/packages/tilibs2-w32/lib/pkgconfig/, are listed in the PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

Yes, it's complicated...

Code:

##### Compiling libticables #####

cd libticables2

sed "s/+ _nl_msg.*$//" -i configure

./configure -C \
            --host=i586-mingw32msvc \
            CFLAGS=-O2 \
            --prefix=/home/benjamin/packages/tilibs2-w32 \
       CPPFLAGS=-I/home/benjamin/packages/gtk-2.6-w32/include \
       LDFLAGS=-L/home/benjamin/packages/gtk-2.6-w32/lib \
            LIBUSB_CFLAGS=-I/home/benjamin/packages/libusb-w32/include/ \
            LIBUSB_LIBS=-L/home/benjamin/packages/libusb-w32/lib/gcc\ -lusb

make install

cd ..

##### Compiling libticonv #####

cd libticonv

./configure -C \
            CFLAGS=-O2 \
       LDFLAGS=-L/home/benjamin/packages/gtk-2.6-w32/lib

make install

cd ..

##### Compiling libtifiles2 #####

cd libtifiles2

./configure -C \
            CFLAGS=-O2 \

make install

cd ..

##### Compiling libticalcs2 #####

cd libticalcs2

./configure -C \
            CFLAGS=-O2 \

make install

cd ..

##### Compiling tilp2 #####

cd tilp2

./configure -C \
            CFLAGS=-O2 \

make install

Oh, and here's my i586-mingw32msvc-pkg-config script:

Code:

#!/bin/bash

if [ -n "$PKG_CONFIG_PATH" ] ; then
    PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PKG_CONFIG_PATH":
fi

if [ -z "$BM_WIN_GTK_API_VERSION" ] ; then
    BM_WIN_GTK_API_VERSION=2.6
fi

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PKG_CONFIG_PATH"/home/benjamin/packages/tilibs2-w32/lib/pkgconfig:\
/home/benjamin/packages/gtk-$BM_WIN_GTK_API_VERSION-w32/lib/pkgconfig:\
/home/benjamin/packages/glade-w32/lib/pkgconfig:\
/home/benjamin/packages/cairo-w32/lib/pkgconfig:\
/usr/local/i386-pc-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig:\
/usr/local/i586-mingw32msvc/lib/pkgconfig

export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/usr/i586-mingw32msvc/lib

exec pkg-config $*

Edit: Way to go, [codebox]. The above script has one very long line, which I've just split up with backslashes since it was wrecking the page layout. Dunno if it actually works with backslash-newlines like that or not.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Feb 2010 02:23:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 06 Feb 2010 06:09:06 am    Post subject:

Thanks a lot Benjamin for the complete procedure, that will definitely save me some time Smile
Since my latest post (Wednesday evening), I have made progress along the same path: the lines that led to successful recompilation of libticonv and libtifiles are, unsurprisingly, pretty similar to yours.

Quote:
You could also use GTK+ 2.6 for testing on Wine, if TiLP still supports that.

GTK+ 2.6 should be fine, but the main problem is that GTK+ doesn't install in Wine unless Wine bug #13394 is worked around.

BTW: did you use the aging packages from http://gladewin32.sf.net , or did you use those from http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html ?

[EDIT2: thought I should post that I've been able to successfully recompile everything for several hours. I'm now doing some release engineering work, such as bumping more version numbers, updating changelogs and such.]

Last edited by Guest on 06 Feb 2010 10:57:47 am; edited 1 time in total
FloppusMaximus

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Feb 2010 10:02:55 pm    Post subject:

Hmm... I used the old GTK+ 2.6 development packages, which used to be available from gtk.org; they seem to be gone now, but they're probably still floating around on the Web somewhere. Presumably the contents are the same as those glade-win32 packages.

Bit of a pain... I've probably still got all the zip files somewhere on my hard drive, but I doubt I have all the corresponding sources.

Of course, supporting Windows 98 isn't a huge deal nowadays, so you may just want to forget about it and use the latest development packages. It's probably best to use the latest GTK+ runtime libraries in any case.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Feb 2010 10:05:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 02:19:51 pm    Post subject:

It's been nearly one month since the previous build. I have now uploaded at http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/download/setup.exe a new pre-version of TILP II 1.14 Smile

This build fixes the main annoyances of the previous build (well, those that can be fixed on the TILP side - the driver signing requirement on at least Seven x64 is still there, obviously, and will remain): it does not depend on the MSVC 2008 runtime anymore, it automatically downloads the appropriate GTK+ version. And it can speak French, too.

This build also integrates the new feature that was announced in another public place of the community: DirectLink USB ROM dumping for 84+(SE) calculators, courtesy of Brandon Wilson. Another word of thanks goes to Benjamin Moody, who saved me some time setting up everything for cross-MinGW to properly build TILP.
No more changes are planned until the release (pretty soon), it's in bug-fixing mode (and in quick, unimportant things such as Changelog file updates). So please give it a good testing, thanks in advance Wink
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 07:08:05 pm    Post subject:

I am working on a fixed .destop and mime-info setup as what TiLP currently uses is out of date and depreaciated. I will hopefully have a setup that will setup and install the .desktop files as well as setup the pixmaps and mime info correctly for all standards compliant DE's I will hopefully have this done by next friday so I can send it to you. I so far have encountered no bugs in the actuall binaries so that is good.
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 20 Feb 2010 02:12:30 am    Post subject:

Thanks Smile
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 08 Apr 2010 02:20:25 pm    Post subject:

I have now uploaded the sources of TILP II 1.14, GFM 1.0.4 and associated libraries :)

Many changes since TILP II 1.13, the most significant of which have already been summarized above (bugfixes for the Z80 and Nspire series, new DirectLink 84+ ROM dumper).
Source tarballs:
http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/download/li...v-1.1.1.tar.bz2
http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/download/li...2-1.1.3.tar.bz2
http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/download/li...2-1.3.1.tar.bz2
http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/download/li...2-1.1.5.tar.bz2
http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/download/tilp2-1.14.tar.bz2
http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_gfm/download/gfm-1.04.tar.bz2

I have also tentatively uploaded the installers for Windows, but I need to make a few tests with them.
If someone else wants to join the fun of testing by then, http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/download/setup.exe (TILP) and http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_gfm/download/setup.exe (GFM).

I have made public the maintainer recompilation scripts that I'm using, you can see them through http://svn.tilp.info/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?rev=4308#dirlist
But *nix users can try http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/download/install_tilp.sh , start by looking inside the script.
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 29 Aug 2010 08:26:13 am    Post subject:

I have uploaded a new beta-testing build for TILP :)

Highlights since the release of TILP II 1.14 in April:

• significant improvements to Nspire support (but wrinkles remain...): new variable deletion & folder creation capabilities, OS 2.x support (TILP II <= 1.14 doesn't work at all with those versions because TI broke something that worked with all other TI USB devices including Nspire OS 1.x), calculator ID retrieval fixed, and the brand-new capability: Nspire OS 1.x (but not 2.x) dumping,
    without having to install Ndless
    ;
  • UI improvements by TheStorm / Jonimus, among which are the addition of a menu at the top of the application, and the greater use of stock icons;
  • other misc. fixes: 86 ROM dumping, a number of compiler warnings, several crasher bugs fixed, small updates to autotools stuff.

Download link for the recompiled Windows installer: http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/beta/setup.exe .
Enjoy :)

Todo/wish list before a release, as time permits:

• fixing sending Pic / GDB / Str variables to a 84+ through DirectLink (that it does not currently work is a consequence of TI breaking backwards compatibility);
  • updating desktop and mime types definitions would be great;
  • fixing several known wrinkles, e.g. a couple reported in the sibling topic on Omnimaga.
contra-sh

Posted: 08 Sep 2010 01:14:12 am    Post subject:

Congratulation !
Wink
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement