This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 09:55:52 am    Post subject:

already know about that, I did mention wiki TI above.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 02:15:44 am    Post subject:

I still wanna know why the calc community died so fast. I must have killed it off when i joined in 06. :\
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 02:19:54 am    Post subject:

Lol, well the community is slowly picking up pace again actually
Bhaliar

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 11:55:20 pm    Post subject:

If it helps, i'm in my 3rd year of French and can read it extremely well or good enough to get the idea. Sorry, been busy as of late with school ending teachers all giving tests.

Also my Omimaga account name is also Bhaliar. I'm still finding my way around though. Just send me stuff to get started.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Dec 2009 12:14:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 12:50:39 am    Post subject:

I'm going to say the same: I speak it well too.

Actually my French is better than my English, in Belgium, or more specifically in Flanders, the native language is Dutch, then you get to learn French, and English is third.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 01:35:19 am    Post subject:

Thats great! Now we won't only have to rely on DJ Omnimaga (who is a native French speaker himself (Quebec)) and google translate! Well if you post any updates in the topic there that would be great, that way we can stay up to date with each other and plan ahead.
Bhaliar

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 03:31:11 pm    Post subject:

So what area or time or whatever were you hoping to start with? Maybe when the programmable tis started coming out?
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 05:37:24 pm    Post subject:

well we are starting by building upon what is already on WikiTI (which is really sparse)
here are a list of sites that we can get info from:
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 06:30:34 pm    Post subject:

Or a list of notable programs/events (e.g. the hacking of the 85, the recent cracking of the keys, etc)

In no particular order:

• Ion
  • Omnicalc
  • Rom8x
  • Ghostbuster
  • Desolate
  • USB8x
  • Emu8x
  • ZShell
  • MirageOS
  • PuzzPack
  • Free83P
  • Whatever else. This was just what was at the top of my head.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 09:17:44 pm    Post subject:

Hmm I don't think I've heard of GhostBuster...link?
Galandros

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 05:32:11 am    Post subject:

I missed this topic. Neutral

Just want to say that I am helping too. I started to add a few things on WikiTI for now because there is consensus about that and will give a good start to move on Wikipedia.

And I agree the calc hack is an important mark. About programs releases the problem is that there are so many memorable games... Maybe we should only add very used or outstanding shells and utilities. (that means Ion, MirageOS, Omnicalc+Symbolic, Emu8x and USB8X)
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 09:57:08 am    Post subject:

Well we could have a separate page for all of the notables, and have ony the major ones on the main page...
Galandros

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 11:06:01 am    Post subject:

Eeems wrote:
Well we could have a separate page for all of the notables, and have ony the major ones on the main page...

I agree.
And there is a page for notable programs.
http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=Notable_programs

Well, I am adding shells and some games to the notable programs, in the time of this reply.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 06:29:18 pm    Post subject:

ah sweet, what about release dates? also its missing some RPG's, like the Illusiat series as well as the ROL series.
Galandros

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 07:56:26 pm    Post subject:

Eeems wrote:
ah sweet, what about release dates? also its missing some RPG's, like the Illusiat series as well as the ROL series.

The date isn't that important for notable programs... Is there need for the date?
Yeah, it still needs many games. I have to look into TI-BASIC to add as notable because they are really notable by showing what can be done with the TI-BASIC, can and does reach ASM in some/many cases, sometimes in surprising areas.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 08:23:42 pm    Post subject:

Well I think it would be interesting to have the date, so you can compare how programming has progressed.

Yeah. Hmm I'll have to put together a list of some of tue notables in ti-basic that I know.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 21 Dec 2009 10:37:56 pm    Post subject:

Eeems wrote:
Hmm I don't think I've heard of GhostBuster...link?
You won't have unless you have an 89Ti. Ghostbuster and HW3Patch brought the 89Ti to near 100% compatibility with the 89, something that had been compromised due to hardware changes that affected memory mapping.

I was thinking more along the idea of Galandros' programs, e.g. programs that fundamentally change the way we use calcs. That way works better (IMHO) because then you don't have to choose between the hundreds of astounding games that are technically amazing (F-Zero or , but don't affect programming in the future. Desolate made the list because it was one of the first games to use REAL greyscale, and PuzzPack is, of course, actually being shipped with every TI-84+ series calculator

Actually, "notable games" could be a category all to itself. There's just so much amazing stuff there. The FAT Engine, F-Zero, TI-Boy, and Mario 83, just to name a few.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Dec 2009 11:17:59 pm    Post subject:

Ah ok.
Actually, there is already a separate page for notable programs.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement