This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
zanderaruba

Posted: 06 Nov 2009 09:19:18 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys I downloaded a text file (created in ti data editor) to my ti-89 with ti-connect. It shows the file is on the calculator in the device explorer (program on computer) but I can't find the file on my calculator to open and view on there. Please help me. I need this by tomorrow morning. Anyone know where the text file is and how I can view it from my calculator? Thanks.
calcdude84se

Posted: 06 Nov 2009 09:31:37 pm    Post subject:

Have you tried the var-link menu? It lists your folders and variables. Just browse the folders until you find it.
zanderaruba

Posted: 06 Nov 2009 09:43:17 pm    Post subject:

calcdude84se wrote:
Have you tried the var-link menu? It lists your folders and variables. Just browse the folders until you find it.

Found the text file in there but when I click on it, it just returns me to the home screen. Should I be doing something else?
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Nov 2009 10:54:00 pm    Post subject:

Have you opened up the Text Editor from the APPS menu on the 89 and opened it?
zanderaruba

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 06:56:30 am    Post subject:

brandonw wrote:

No, how can I do that? When I click apps I dont see text editor.
zanderaruba

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 06:57:53 am    Post subject:

brandonw wrote:

Forget what I said above. I found it and opened the file. Thanks for all the help guys.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement