This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
kinkoa

Posted: 04 Nov 2009 12:06:58 pm    Post subject:

i made two programs textapp and textapp2 that are calc linking programs, i know this stuff has been done before but its not common do to complexity

here it is textapp

Code:
program:textapp
:clrhome
:output(1,1,"to send a message type it after pressing [2nd] and [alpha] and press enter, to exit press [2nd] and [mode]
:pause
:lbl 1
:input "msg: ",str0
:getcalc(str8
:disp str8
:goto 1

and textapp2

Code:
program:textapp
:output(1,1,"to send a message type it after pressing [2nd] and [alpha] and press enter, to exit press [2nd] and [mode]
:pause
:lbl 1
:input "msg: ",str8
:getcalc(str0
:disp str0
:goto 1

run textapp on one calc and textapp2 on the other
calcdude84se

Posted: 06 Nov 2009 05:19:11 pm    Post subject:

Uh... they're exactly the same. Even the first lines with the program names are identical.
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Nov 2009 05:40:41 pm    Post subject:

calcdude84se wrote:
Uh... they're exactly the same. Even the first lines with the program names are identical.

You didn't read well enough. The only difference is Str0/Str8 are switched.
calcdude84se

Posted: 06 Nov 2009 06:51:01 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, my font size is somewhat small. The main thing I noticed was the identical "program" lines.
kinkoa

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 12:37:25 am    Post subject:

Exactly If they were not identical then they wouldnt run correctly this is as well a primative version that still needs worked on
ah-blabla

Posted: 08 Nov 2009 01:51:36 pm    Post subject:

You could always put both programs into one file, and have a menu allowing you to select master/slave mode. (This is what I have done in my chat app for 68K calcs.)
kinkoa

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 12:15:30 pm    Post subject:

i plan to do something like this but this was only to test the getcalc command i will make this one better in the future but right now im working on windows1
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement