This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 02:11:32 am    Post subject:

How do you guys make time to program? I'm so busy with school I haven't had any time to do anything code at all. I have no idea how anyone has time to write free source code.
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 03:57:43 am    Post subject:

Coding in the evening, homework in the morning, unless it's too much. (I'm up at about 6 AM, AND I'm a big minimalist concerning school, so...)
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 08:04:16 am    Post subject:

do most of my coding in the evening or weekends, if I have the will to work on anything.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 12:43:50 pm    Post subject:

do your homework during classes...

seriously, i cant remember the last time i didn't have enough time to program, and i play LAN games 3 hours a day at school :biggrin:

of course, im still in 1st year...
allemensen

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 02:40:47 pm    Post subject:

As said above: make a lot of homework at school, no need to pay attention if you get it already.

Then you should have at least 5/6 hours a day for other stuff, including programming.
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 10:06:40 am    Post subject:

I also do my homework during classes if possible, but most teachers are "evil" enough to assign us the tasks by the end of the lesson, so we HAVE to do them at home... :(

Our math teacher, however, mostly gives us some exercises and says: "You finish those at home". In most cases I have done them when class ends.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Oct 2009 10:07:19 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 10:35:14 pm    Post subject:

I just try to throw in a least a half hour a day. Back in school, it was "Projects first." ...Homework, exams, and little things like graduation if time allowed. Cool
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 12:40:27 am    Post subject:

When i start a new project i forego anything else that could be considered important, otherwise i just set time aside Smile.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 12:57:08 am    Post subject:

I'm a CS major, so most of my school work is programming. Also, my job on-campus is being the Student Association webmaster, so between work and school I honestly have little desire to do any more programming Razz
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 08:48:18 am    Post subject:

ha i do my best programming during school :ninja:
but right now im not at school its a senior skip day woot oh and im getting my braces off too
wait how did i get off topic again
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 01:49:13 pm    Post subject:

magicdanw wrote:
I'm a CS major, so most of my school work is programming. Also, my job on-campus is being the Student Association webmaster, so between work and school I honestly have little desire to do any more programming Razz

Aren't you taking both 240 an 220 this semester? I wouldn't have any desire to program outside of class either if I was doing that Razz.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 03:54:08 pm    Post subject:

Super Speler wrote:
magicdanw wrote:

Aren't you taking both 240 an 220 this semester? I wouldn't have any desire to program outside of class either if I was doing that Razz.

True Razz
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement