This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. NimbusOS => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> NimbusOS

» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 May 2003 03:46:31 pm    Post subject:

It will be released after United-TI is complete.

At this moment, David the lead programmer is currently busy doing other important things such as wrighting PHP scrips for UTI, so members will be able to log in and use a members section.

I could do this in Perl, but everyone knows that I take forever to write code unless I am interested.
Sfar

Posted: 30 May 2003 07:21:45 am    Post subject:

Yay!!!
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 May 2003 10:39:00 am    Post subject:

Yes I am eager to see what Nimbus will be like. Very Happy
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 May 2003 02:23:01 pm    Post subject:

What Justin B says is correct Smile
I'm working as much as I can with the scripting the united TI website. The maximum time this will take is one month, but it is likely that I will finish sooner, so I can proceed with NimbusOS.

My goal is to finish NimbusOS before end of the summer.

Last edited by Guest on 30 May 2003 02:23:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 31 May 2003 01:22:53 am    Post subject:

Don't worry, we will get it out before Christmas as we promissed last year Neutral
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 31 May 2003 01:43:27 pm    Post subject:

i cant wait for it to come out! Very Happy for the first time in my life, i cant wait for the summer to be over! Cool
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 31 May 2003 01:51:05 pm    Post subject:

That seems a little unusual. Most of us hate it when the summer is over.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 31 May 2003 04:06:16 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait for it to come out! As soon as it does,it's time to distribute it at school and over power MirageOS!
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Jun 2003 02:22:10 am    Post subject:

When Nimbus is released, we hope people will distribute it!
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Jun 2003 09:54:34 am    Post subject:

I guarantee everyone in my school who currently has MirageOS will be getting a copy of NimbusOS.
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 01 Jun 2003 09:47:58 pm    Post subject:

yes, I hope so. I crindge every time I see some guy boasting about mirage. I think nimbus should make a pretty big mark in the Ti community.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Jun 2003 01:53:57 am    Post subject:

Well, MirageOS is a good shell, so I can understand why people boast.

However, we hope people will start using NimbusOS!

BTW, NimbusOS APP1 will not run MirageOS programs, so some people may end up with NimbusOS and MirageOS on the same calculator Surprised
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Jun 2003 04:48:34 pm    Post subject:

But as soon as App 2 comes out,I'll force all my friends to delete MirageOS,or start some virus so the whole school will lose it....... Rolling Eyes
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Jun 2003 05:01:16 pm    Post subject:

With any luck, they will see it and want you to give it to them.

Latter, if they decide they like it better, then they will remove other shells.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Jun 2003 07:24:34 pm    Post subject:

Most people in my school are too,well....,stupid,to realize that NimbusOS is a good shell. I'll have to find some way to show that MirageOS is inferior to NimbusOS.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Jun 2003 07:28:14 pm    Post subject:

I REGISTERED HERE! yay! Laughing aww, man, i just got up to 2 stars in the cirrus forum... time to start posting!

I think that NimbusOS App 2 will FORCE people by it's sheer coolness to put Mirage in a special place, as Strong Bad would say, DELETED HAHAHAHA! Wont DS be surprised, when they look at someones calculator, go to run Mirage, and it aint there!

"What's this NimbusOS thing?"
"Ohh, that? It's just about the coolest shell around!"
" Confused "
"Oh, sorry, u wrote Mirage didn't u? HAHA, too bad for u!"

lol, there's my bash at a drama...
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Jun 2003 07:40:36 pm    Post subject:

Now, now,lets be nice. Of course it will be a better,nicer,cooler shell,but we can't say it totally sucked. It was pretty good. And besides,it gave the Nimbus team something to aim for to beat.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 02 Jun 2003 08:02:11 pm    Post subject:

It was good, it's still good, It will always be good.
Which is not to say that nimbus won't be better.
Besides, a challenging a monopoly always leads to improvements.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Jun 2003 04:35:33 am    Post subject:

I tend to agree with burr, and I am the project lead of NimbusOS.

Detached Solutions is not in it for the money, and MirageOS is a good free product.

Incase you do not already know this, I will say it again: NimbusOS APP1 will not run MirageOS programs, so I do not see how we are directly competing with MirageOS.

Furthermore, Dan E (MirageOS), and Joe W (Ion), have both contributed in part to NimbusOS, so it is only fair to give them some credit.

Without Dan, we would have never figured out how to run Basic programs from an app without bugs, and without Joe, we would not have the ION routines.

United-TI like Detached Solutions is another free group with people programming for the good of everyone. We do not get paid either, but if we did, NimbusOS would be ready Very Happy

Lastly, NimbusOS will NOT delete MirageOS because doing that would be malicious, wrong, imoral, and we would stoop to a very low level of trying to delete the competitors product! Imagine the headlines: NimbusOS deletes other shells at ticalc.org. Nobody would try it, and they would be right in not using a product that deletes other products! Imagine if everyone who did not like their competitors wrote a program that deleted the competitors products. The only place this tends to happen is with programs like Internet Explorer which was origionally created to crush Netscape. Furthermore, everytime explorer is ran, it will automatically take the .html extention, et cetera. Still, even Microsoft will not delete Netscape when IE is started.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 03 Jun 2003 01:14:18 pm    Post subject:

i didn't mean to cause any hatred! I was just saying that App 2 will outdo Mirage (IN MY OPINION!) because it will run all programs, optomized for it or not! so it will also kill the TI-OS. I did not in any way mean that Nimbus should delete Mirage, but i think people would delete Mirage, because of it being redundant to have both Smile.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 11 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement