This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
MaxVT103

Posted: 01 Jan 2004 12:38:16 pm    Post subject:

Each series has some good to it, the origional is funny bc our standards of spfx have gone up so much, and just seeing models on strings is great. NexGen had some cool stuff, like introducing the borg. But the Enterprize D was such a ugly ship. Voyager was kick a, Janeway was cool and hot in a way, 7 was fine(all thats needed to be said), Voyager was asteticaly a nice design. The finaly was awsome with janeway from the future. And its whole story was really good. DS 9 was great also, they once again had a good story and great cast. Enterprise is lacking alot, it seems to be a last ditch effort to keep a Star Trek on the air. Hopefully it will go somewhere, but I can't take the Quantum Leap guy seriously. Tuckers cool though. I want a voyager movie though, maybe they can do somethin good with that, all the other startrek movies sucked except 2 and 4.
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Jan 2004 01:17:09 pm    Post subject:

Janeway: Yeah, real hot if you go for that old librarian look.

Seven: No arguments Laughing

Star Trek was good before they started to morph it to stay with all the other scifi shows popping up.

Reverently syndicate every boat you row, using proper ninja protocol.
MaxVT103

Posted: 01 Jan 2004 11:35:55 pm    Post subject:

haha, Janeways got that smarty sexyness like Gillian anderson had in the X-Files
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Jan 2004 11:59:42 pm    Post subject:

I think I'll stick with Scully, you can have Janeway all you want.

Ninjas have a sort of reverence about them when it comes to picking the hottest sci-fi chick.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Jan 2004 08:54:20 am    Post subject:

Confused hmm.. k.. Neutral

*beats all hormones senseless with a stick* Back in your cages you!

If you want to see women/babes/chicks/girlies/whatever, go outside... or go to www.google.com and type in 'B00B13S!' or something.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Jan 2004 08:58:13 am; edited 1 time in total
ducttape_87

Posted: 07 Jan 2004 06:13:32 pm    Post subject:

Star Trek>NexGen>Voyager>DS9>>>>>>>>enterprise

The orginal series and The Next Generation were without a doubt the best series, as they had a depth to the characters we have seen diminish in the new series and latest movies. The "triforce" if you will, between Kirk, Spock, and McCoy was the core element of what made the original series so enjoyable to watch.

Enterprise has nothing to make it good. It just sucks, crappy characters, crappy episodes, and encounters with alien species that should not have been encountered yet screwed it up.

Does anyone else think that the klingons should have been made to look like they did in the original series? I'm 99% sure that their change in appearance between Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation has been acknowledged and explained somewhat.
DmitriB

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Jan 2004 11:48:20 pm    Post subject:

i was explainded by warf on the ds9 episode where they go back in time to the tribble episode. he siad that it was some mutation but did not care to go into the details of it as klingons were very ashamed of it.
ducttape_87

Posted: 08 Jan 2004 06:44:54 pm    Post subject:

Oh yea, I remember that episode. I read a Star Trek book once that involved Kirk and Gary Mitchel (guy from "Where no man has gone before") And their involvement with the klingons who had locked a klingon mutants (next gen klingons) away on a planet.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement