This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. S.A.D. (Seek and Destroy) =>
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Sep 2009 10:34:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I agree this project is coming together pretty fast.

Yes, as fast as I was hoping...but definitely not any faster than that Smile
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Sep 2009 01:34:44 pm    Post subject:

Ok, here is my attempt at a 16x16 crystal tile. realizing the intent of the crystals are to MINE them, I went a little further and added a few stages of mineage to it, giving the impression of a slowly (or quickly!) depleting reserve.

I might get to work on the other ones (it's a three day weekend) but ATM I have other stuff to concentrate on now. hope it's satisfactory.
Madskillz

Posted: 26 Sep 2009 02:25:54 pm    Post subject:

looks pretty cool meta
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Sep 2009 07:39:14 pm    Post subject:

Exactly, those are sweet! Thanks, these are what I need.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 02:04:10 am    Post subject:

Here's a map, called Orita Five, that we are going to be using to test S.A.D. with. The numbers indicate where a player's starting location is, in terms of the upper-left hand corner of the player's starting Operation Center. This means that each player starts exactly the same distance from the Belthium Crystals.

[attachment=2823:Orita_Five_Map.GIF]
ztrumpet

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 10:15:28 am    Post subject:

That looks awesome!
Good work.
Madskillz

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 11:24:05 am    Post subject:

Cool I havent been really following this project, but that floating space platform is looking awesome.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 06:04:49 pm    Post subject:

oh wow, isometrics?

what does this mean about the other tiles you wanted from me?
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 07:12:33 pm    Post subject:

It means I want them just the way you're making them, and I'll convert them to isometric tiles. This is because not all of them are isometric
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 07:29:02 pm    Post subject:

oh, ok
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Oct 2009 08:23:54 pm    Post subject:

Work is continuing on the tilemap and sprite routines, which are the backbone of being able to test the rest of the code. In the meantime, I began working on units and unit attributes. So, here's the next unit after the Scouter. For those of you who read the manual, you'll find new information here as well, though, of course, the information will most likely change during testing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[font="Impact"]RAPTOR

[attachment=2839:Raptor.gif]

Role: Early Assault, Sneak Assault
Cost: 100 Belthium Crystals
Health Points: 155
Damage Per Second: 6 for Ground Units
Weapon Range: 2
Speed: 20
Fuel Capacity: 900
Sephrane Gas Capacity: 20
Rate of Overheat: 11 Health Points per second

The Raptor is the first unit a player can build with the sole purpose of attacking. It lacks anti-air capabilities and has little more fire-power than a Scouter, but makes up for it with high HP, making it a better unit for taking out defenses and other structures early in the game.

A Raptor is available to build from the start, it does not require any labratories. This allows players to rush aggresively if they desire to.

Later in the game, when more powerful units are available, the Raptor loses its usefulness as an assault unit. However, when a Manhatton Station is built, a player can research abilities for the Raptor that give it purpose later in the game.

Manhatton Station:

[attachment=2842:Manhatton_Center.GIF]

Teleport: This is a Refillable Upgrade, meaning the Raptor can use it a limited number of times before having to pay to use the upgrade again. Teleport allows the Raptor to transport anywhere on the map, provided the area has been explored. A Raptor can transport up to two times before having to restock the upgrade.

Deflector Shield: This is a Deterorating Upgrade. This means that the upgrade slowly drains Sephrane Gas (which prevents overheating) until the Raptor runs out, after which the upgrade drains HP from the Raptor. A Deflector Shield protects a Raptor from any weapons fire, with the exception of fire from Universal Defense systems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Guest on 06 Oct 2009 01:33:45 am; edited 1 time in total
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Oct 2009 01:27:59 am    Post subject:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[font="Impact"]DEGRUSER

[attachment=2840:Degruser.gif]

Role: Assault
Cost: 350 Belthium Crystals
Health Points: 250
Damage Per Second: 12 for both Air and Ground Units
Weapon Range: 3
Speed: 15
Fuel Capacity: 1500
Sephrane Gas Capacity: N/A
Rate of Overheat: N/A

A Degruser is the second-most powerful unit in the game, and is meant for attacking bases directly. It is also a good choice for taking on big and heavy units, such as Splitrons and Tanks. However, it cannot fire backwards without a Hornet Cannon upgrade, and it cannot attack Operation Centers. It is also not the best counter for Universal Defense Systems, even though you do not waste your money by sending a Degruser against them.

A Degruser requires an Armory before it can be selected. In addition, the Armory does all the research for it.
[attachment=2841:Armory.GIF]

Hornet Cannon: This is a Permanent Upgrade, meaning the Degruser loses neither nor gas/health by using the upgrade, it can be used any time. The Hornet Cannon allows the Degruser to fire backwards.

Mines: This is a Refillable Upgrade. A Degruser can hold up to three mines, which can be dropped anywhere. The mines will not damage air units, but if a Scouter starts to construct a building on top of the mine, the mine will detonate the building, thereby canceling construction. Mines can be detected by a Reclauda, but possess enough HP to make it difficult for the Reclauda to destroy. Mines can also be detected by a detector structure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Guest on 07 Oct 2009 10:11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Oct 2009 04:14:59 am    Post subject:

[font="Impact"]ARGO

[attachment=2843:Argo.GIF]

Role: Anti-Unit and Anti-Operation Center
Cost: 200 Belthium Crystals
Health Points: 120
Damage Per Second: 18 for both Air and Ground Units
Weapon Range: 3
Speed: 30
Fuel Capacity: 2100
Sephrane Gas Capacity: N/A
Rate of Overheat: N/A

Like the role description implies, an Argo is meant for taking out enemy ships and Operation Centers. An Argo is built specifically for this purpose, and thus CANNOT attack normal structures. But this is made up for with the fact that an Argo is a perfect counter for almost every enemy unit. It can even take on Splitrons and Degrusers if the player is willing to invest the money to make several attack attempts to wear the enemy unit down.

An Argo requires an Argo Labratory before it can be selected. In addition, the Argo Labratory does all the research for it.
[attachment=2844:Argo_Laboratory.GIF]

Dronomonic Torpedos: This is a Refillable Upgrade. Dronomonic Torpedos are the only weapon capable of attacking Operation Centers, so refitting an Argo with this weapon allows it to attack what no other vessel, except Splitrons, can. Unfortunately, since the Argo cannot attack other structures, the enemy Operation Center should be relatively underdefended if the Argo is to survive. Twenty Dronomonic Torpedos are required to destroy an Operation Center, but an Argo can only hold up to 10.
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Oct 2009 11:10:52 am    Post subject:

Some very nice progress! Keep up the good work!
ztrumpet

Posted: 06 Oct 2009 04:57:28 pm    Post subject:

Some incredibly nice progress! Keep up the awesome work!
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Oct 2009 05:11:08 pm    Post subject:

wow! that looks amazing!
great work!
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 06 Oct 2009 06:21:25 pm    Post subject:

Hey cool an RTS?

Have you guys put any thought into pathfinding? A* seems to be a popular method ([url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A*_search_algorithm"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A*_search_algorithm[/url]) but im not so sure how it would go on calc. Maybe some kind of precalced nearest-node-path method? Its something ive always wondered about but never actually tried as far as calcs are concerned Smile.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Oct 2009 09:25:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Have you guys put any thought into pathfinding? A* seems to be a popular method (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A*_search_algorithm) but im not so sure how it would go on calc. Maybe some kind of precalced nearest-node-path method? Its something ive always wondered about but never actually tried as far as calcs are concerned .

Good question. In an attempt to keep things simple, we're probably having movement done manually, which means there will be no need for pathfinding. After all, combat is done manually, and you only have to keep track of one unit as opposed to hundereds.
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 06 Oct 2009 10:18:54 pm    Post subject:

Oh well either way the sprites and such are looking really good! Smile.
hotdog1234

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Oct 2009 03:53:19 pm    Post subject:

I just wanted to thank everyone for the comments and encouragements! Although we can't add features such as grayscaling and animated buildings, we're working to make this a quality game that will be enjoyed for more than just a week or so, so all the positive reinforcement really says something to us!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 11 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement