This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Celtic III => Your Projects
john massey

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 09:57:42 am    Post subject:

I am a newbie who has someone on the cemetech site doing the programming to help me with a problem I am working on. I am a 79 year old retired electrical engineer and he, the programmer, says I need Celtic3 in ram on my TI-84+se. I am using a Mac 4 software V 10.4.11 with TI connect V 7.1.

Would you be so kind as to give me instructions on how to get your Celtic3 into my calculator. Assume I know very little, as that is the case. I can write programs in TI basic, download them to the calculator and get them running. I have downloaded programs sent to me as attachments to emails and downloaded to the calculator. I case you need my email address and for whatever reason you do not have it, it is

1johnmassey@gmail.com

And still I am learning :biggrin:

thanks in advance

john
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 10:45:13 am    Post subject:

Do a search for Celtic III on ticalc.org (I assume it is there). You might have to unzip the files. There should be a file with an extension of 8xk. That's the application file. You can download it to your calculator the same way you would with a BASIC program, using TI Connect. Finally, run the application from the APPS menu on the calculator to install it. If there are any instructions, follow them. (I've never used Celtic, but this is the general method for applications that must install themselves.)
tribal

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 12:08:01 pm    Post subject:

Hello johnuts, it doesn't seem as if ticalc.org has CelticIII so I've posted a link to the most recent one to date, usually and new releases will be posted and announced in the 'Progress...' thread.

Cetic3.09s: http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?act=atta...ost&id=2753

And welcome to United-TI
john massey

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 05:40:21 am    Post subject:

I have made some progress in getting Celtic 3 installed. Using the procedure in "installation 2" in the users manual, I found and sent the file "8xp_bin" to the calculator. From the "home screen" I ran the program "0:Asm(prgmAINSTALL". I wrote the little program in the calculator which detects if the app is installed. It says that it is not. but AINSTALL sits in the program list. I tried to upload the little test file that I wrote but I got "upload failed. you are not permitted to upload this type of file" message. Being a newbie I do not understand this, since it is just the basic routine that is called for from your users manual.

Thanks for your help

johnuts
john massey

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 05:43:43 am    Post subject:

I have made some progress in getting Celtic 3 installed. Using the procedure in "installation 2" in the users manual, I found and sent the file "8xp_bin" to the calculator. From the "home screen" I ran the program "0:Asm(prgmAINSTALL". I wrote the little program in the calculator which detects if the app is installed. It says that it is not. but AINSTALL sits in the program list. I tried to upload the little test file that I wrote but I got "upload failed. you are not permitted to upload this type of file" message. Being a newbie I do not understand this, since it is just the basic routine that is called for from your users manual.

Thanks for your help

johnuts
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 06:17:17 am    Post subject:

You have to download the app top.
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 11:05:59 am    Post subject:

Hello, and thank you for using the Celtic III application.

I also apologize for things that may be unclear in the manual for the application. The user manual makes the assumption that the code sequence

Code:
0:Asm(prgmAINSTALL)

is found inside the program that you are using to install the application with. Before you try to run that program make sure that Celtic III is already on the calculator before performing the installation.

If you are still getting the error that Celtic III is not installed, consider that there may be other applications on your calculator that might be preventing Celtic III from staying installed. If that is the case, I apologize for not providing any forewarning of this event.

To determine if that is the case, follow the steps in the "INSTALLATION 1" topic in the manual. After having selected to install the application, you may get an "error" screen showing that some "hooks are in use". Select the "Power install" option to uninstall (but not remove) all other applications.
john massey

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 02:43:24 pm    Post subject:

This is for Iambian.

I got your PM and did not know how to respond to it. So I just decided to use this method, I hope you do not mind. I guess that I do not want the App version but the one stored in Ram. I just discovered what I was doing wrong and got the App version installed. Would you be kind enough to tell me specifically how to find and download the Ram based Celtic3?

thanks in advance

johnuts
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 05:34:55 pm    Post subject:

You can download the most "recent" version of the RAM-based version of Celtic III here : http://iambianet.freewebpage.org/CEL3t08b.zip

Unzip the file and look in the "8xp_bin" folder to find "CELTIC3.8xp"
Use your favorite calculator to link software to transfer that file to the graphing calculator. The "ReadME.txt" is the manual.
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 06:03:45 pm    Post subject:

I think he thinks ainstall is the ram version of Celtic 3.
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Aug 2009 02:13:39 pm    Post subject:

Graphmastur wrote:
I think he thinks ainstall is the ram version of Celtic 3.

I sent him a PM regarding a few of the details.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement