This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 09:55:58 am    Post subject:

I need a Master Ball to catch Zapdos in Pokemon Platinum. I normally run Wobbuffet with Shadow Tag so the legendary birds cannot run away (as all roaming legendaries do). however, being as Zapdos knows Take Down, it totally wrecks my strategy as it inflicts recoil damage on itself, knocking it out. >_<

I know there ARE alternatives, but frankly, I'm fed up with this whole stupid thing. If anyone out there owns Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, I'd appreciate the trade. I'm not sure what I have to offer, I have lots of TMs and some of the Johto region starters (lots of leftover Totodiles from stat breeding).

Info is in my sig, I appreciate it.
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 02:07:31 pm    Post subject:

You're using Timer balls or something?

Get loads of net balls, wait till his hp is low, teach wobbuffet a sleep move (don't know if it's possible, though) and catch it.

Or cheat xD

No2: get an ultra-defensive wobuffet => zapdos takes less recoil damage.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 02:13:43 pm    Post subject:

Way to be LATE. Razz

I had weakened it after a frantic game of cat'n'mouse, and managed to snag it in a Quick Ball.

I don't cheat. :/

EDIT: And Wobbuffet has one of the most terrible movesets ever. It has access to like 10 moves, 8 in level-up and 2 in XD-specific

Last edited by Guest on 23 Aug 2009 02:20:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 02:16:36 pm    Post subject:

xD

I've just returned from vacation...
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 03:59:22 pm    Post subject:

On that note, I'm totally willing to do all the online crap with anyone.

Trade? Battle? Mix records? I have a shitton of the Johto Starters, and all the other starters as well. I even have spare Rayquazas, Goudons, Kyogres, and Lugias if you peeps want some :)

Also, I'm looking for Mewtwo. I hadn't owned one since the Red/Blue days :(

Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 02:41:21 pm    Post subject:

I only play on emu... xD

You can get mewtwo from FireRed/LeafGreen in the Cerulean Cave. (after beating the League, I think)
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 04:07:42 pm    Post subject:

Mapar007 wrote:
I only play on emu... xD

You can get mewtwo from FireRed/LeafGreen in the Cerulean Cave. (after beating the League, I think)

U R TEH PIRATE!!!1!11! :o

um, lets assume since I'm making a Pokemon game and all, I'm pretty much the authority on all the games, I just don't OWN all the games. so frankly, your advice is unneeded and incredibly outmoded. sorry to shoot you down there. I was simply making a trade request. >_>

additionally, you are wrong. you are basing that on the fact that FR/LG is a remake of R/B, but it's more than that.

In addition to beating the Elite Four, you must capture 60 pokemon (for the dex) which nets you the National Dex (pokedex for all 386 pokemon). after that, you must travel to the Sevii Islands (9 islands, home to a host of Johto Pokemon) and defeat Team Rocket in multiple encounters to claim the Ruby and the Sapphire, two necessary components to run the kanto network machine, which enables trade with Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald users.

Only then will Unknown Dungeon be available, and Mewtwo with it.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement