This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Dec 2003 03:13:32 pm    Post subject:

I turn on the news and it appears that George Bush, our President, went to Iraq for thanksgiving.

This leads me to a few interpretations:
1. He is saying: Look I am here come and get me if you can because he knows they cannot.
2. It raises morale.

Here are the problems I have with it.

1. He did not announce that he was comming probably for safety reasons.
2. The people he was with were all dress good, look good, walk right kind of people.
3. For being in Iraq for many monts, their uniforms were excelent. They looked new, clean, and pressed.

Does this really raise morale by choosing specific people? One guy shakes the president's hand and says something like, "thank you." I do not know exactly what he said, but it gave the opinion that the troops like the war.

Here is what is really strange:
Some dude from Iraq flew into the United States and landed about a day earlier. This was a planned flight the US knew about. The dude from Iraq left about 2 hours later.

Immediatly after, President George Bush, flies into Iraq and stays for only a few hours. Was the turkey dinner just a coverup? Why would someone fly a long time to get somewhere then stay only a short time.

My answer: I believe President Bush talked with an Iraqi government official to deliver information. We probably will not know what really happened for twenty years though.

Now, how can you win this war? The soldiers, who are fighting agains us fight behind women and children. Then they make hit & run attack effors. Since it is politically incorrect to masacre a whole vilage with civilian population, how do we fight them if we cannot shoot the 14 year old femail with a firearm? Does Vietnalm come to mind?

Now to be hones, Everyone I know (including myself), are glad that Sadalm is gone, but how do we pull out of this war? You see, if we pull out, we admitt defeat. We cannot do that. If we stay, we loose a few people a day.

I know 6 a day or whatever we are told is bad, but to tell you the truth, over 12 died in my area by going Christmas shopping and getting in a car accident. Then ofcourse, there is that snipper guy who shoots some drivers and the police are after.

Now, let us talk about anthrax.

Yes, Anthrax is deadly, but how many people actually died? 6? 7? maybe 8?

Now, being brilliant, our government came up with the Antrax vaccine, which many people relate to the Gulf War syndrome. I do not think this has actually been proven; however, most people who recieve it get sick soon, and more than 10 have died.

Does this make sence?

Now, if someone did get Anthrax, couldn't they just take Cipero? To the best of my knowledge, Cipero does not cause organ failures or pneumonia like symptoms.

I am glad I am in college instead of the Armed Forces. Especially since President Clinton signed order 13139 allowing the military to give any soldier any experimental drug they wish without testing.

Think about it.

Millions of people, contracts with companies, and if something goes wrong, you don't have to pay them for college.
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Dec 2003 10:55:00 pm    Post subject:

Bush doesn't have to go to Iraq to trade information. His pockets are well padded by oil interests and the main reason for his appearance in Iraq was indeed for morale, but for the American people. This supposed display of brazenness (landing the president on an airfeild that an airplane had its wings shot off at shortly beforehand) is supposed to provide a rejuvenated sense of patriotic duty in the American public, and help to fan the fires of an unecessary war. The "weapons of mass destruction" which Saddam supposedly has in mass supply have yet to materialize in nearly the quantities Bush has promised, and continued oil relations and military occupation leave no doubt that our so called efforts for freedom are nothing more than an effort to establish U.S. control on one of the biggest oil reserves known to man. The Iraqis do not like our occupation (why do you think their children draw Uncle Sam with a knife held around the globe and repeated resistance efforts kill American "freedom fighters"), and it is costing billions to keep outfitted an overly hefty military force rather than advancing educational efforts. But with the AOL Time Warner monopoly and an overal clench on the media in general, our government broadcasts their twisted message into our homes.

Iraqi occupation is global policing.
We are global police, and for anyone who says that that is false and says that Iraq is a special case, I simply ask that you look at Cuba, and at the bay of pigs invasion. JFK was not assasinated in an unorganized fashion - his death was well deserved for unecessary actions taken against a foreign power, and was more likely than not funded by the mafia through Oswald. (Just a little recap in light of the recent JFK assasination anniversary)

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
The ninjas are samurai in combat, but hippie in nature.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 03 Dec 2003 11:12:11 pm    Post subject:

I think that if the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces wants to make a surprise visit to his troops, without telling very many people, then he is entitled to it. The fact that they hushed up the whole thing probably kept his plane from getting shot down. Personally, I think it was to boost morale and show the soldiers stationed there that he hasn't forgotten them. It's always nice to see the president when you're in the middle of Iraq. (Considering he's in the same danger of terrorist attack that you are...) And what's so surprising about the military looking neat?

My teacher was talking about this in my Government AP yesterday, and she had this to say about it. After Hilary Clinton heard about Bush's trip and how the soldiers were up on their seats cheering and all that, she decided to take a trip to meet the troops in Afgahnistan. A little more than a dozen people went up to shake her hand, and half a dozen got her autograph. Popularity, popularity...

My theory on why there are still people fighting the U.S. troops is this. They are afraid of change. After living with the regime of Saddam Huessein (or however you spell his name) they are scared of the new ways and ideas that America has brought with them. The only way they know how to resist that change is to fight back and try to kill as many of them as possible. Now, I can't really look inside their heads and tell you why but that's what I think it is.

JFK's assassination was well deserved and organized, eh? I'm sure. Laughing
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Dec 2003 05:36:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
how do we fight them if we cannot shoot the 14 year old femail with a firearm?
The military CAN shoot the 14 year old girl with a gun, if they have to (she starts shooting at people), which is the only situation in which they will.
Quote:
Does Vietnam come to mind?
Yes, but not because of 'no shooting civilians' policies, because that's a problem with every war.

Quote:
Now to be hones, Everyone I know (including myself), are glad that Sadalm is gone, but how do we pull out of this war?  You see, if we pull out, we admitt defeat.  We cannot do that.  If we stay, we loose a few people a day.
The way I see it, the military should go back home when the political situation (with saddam gone and everything) is repaired, and running properly. They're not going to find those weapons of mass destruction anyway. If they make it clear that the military is going home because their job is done, it won't be a defeat.

Quote:
Especially since President Clinton signed order 13139 allowing the military to give any soldier any experimental drug they wish without testing.
Now that just sucks.

Quote:
you don't have to pay them for college.
But they won't be paying taxes either.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Dec 2003 01:51:39 pm    Post subject:

You really like that quote feature... You will love it when we upgrade to Invision 2.0 and all you have to do is check a box for each post you wish to quote.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Dec 2003 01:55:47 pm    Post subject:

I love it, it makes things that much clearer as to what one is replying to exactly, it can make things less readable though.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement