This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
matthewkwancy

Posted: 27 Jul 2009 07:14:31 am    Post subject:

Hi everyone :)

A few days ago when I tried to send BaOS to my TI- 84+ via TI Connect, it says that the OS does not have a certificate and refused to send it.

What does it mean? What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Jul 2009 08:26:51 am    Post subject:

ah.. What perfect timing. Recently, brandonw released a program called free83p, to do certificates. However, what you need to do with baos, is take out 1 of your batteries, hold the del key, and put them back in. (You might have to do this with the stat key.) Send the OS. It should load.
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Jul 2009 08:43:56 am    Post subject:

matthew wrote:
Hi everyone :)

A few days ago when I tried to send BaOS to my TI- 84+ via TI Connect, it says that the OS does not have a certificate and refused to send it.

What does it mean? What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks

Had you run Free83P previously? Can you install the TI-OS?

Which link cable do you have?

That's a somewhat scary error message, so let me know and I'll help any way I can.
matthewkwancy

Posted: 27 Jul 2009 10:29:57 am    Post subject:

OK, it started to transfer after making lots of modification.

When I wanted to take out the battery, it says ' cannot access the file specified. Please chack for Hidden of Read-Only condition (80004005)'.

?
panyan

Posted: 04 Aug 2009 11:15:22 am    Post subject:

why would you want baos? (apart from testing purposes)
fougere

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 08 Aug 2009 05:52:32 pm    Post subject:

If I remember correctly from what Benjamin Moody (aka FloppusMaximus) once told me in an email, the 'battery trick' that the BAOS manual tells you to use while installing does not always work for TI-84's, the USB cable makes things extremely compilcated, and you should try using the UnivOS App (downloadable here). Also, you may have to press and hold 'clear' while re-inserting a battery to get it to boot up right.

EDIT: I installed BAOS on my 84 once, but it never worked properly; the screen would constantly flash on and off.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Aug 2009 06:06:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Aug 2009 02:46:48 pm    Post subject:

The 84+ boot codes don't have the battery pull vuln (correct me if I'm wrong). Now, as the 0A key has been factored, you could wait for the new version of Rabbitsign, or use brandonw's utility if you have windows (it's VB.NET) and redo the signature. No annoying stuff with certificates.

There was a vuln in the boot code involving resending the first page, and more blah blah... (don't remember the details, it's obsolete now, anyway)
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement