This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 04:29:10 pm    Post subject:

Alright game fans! This is a long-coming poll about what you think is important in TI games. Here's a partial list of some common expectations seen among ticalc.org reviews. If you've never reviewed one before, just tell us how you'd do it.

This is an approval voting poll, so you can check off as many as you want.
dxfan101010

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 04:54:24 pm    Post subject:

I put in my vote I think that the technical is more important than the artwork
Yeah my 100th post hurray!!!Ω

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jul 2009 04:57:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 05:01:11 pm    Post subject:

I voted on "other", because there is one thing that I really like to see in games, and that is the time that somebody put into it. I would much rather see a cool text input thing, which is hand coded, rather than the simple Input command.
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 05:01:28 pm    Post subject:

I think gameplay is definitely one of the most important qualities for a game to have. For me, great gameplay means creating an engaging yet interesting environment that maintains a balance of difficulty to challenge and entertain the player.
ztrumpet

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 08:43:16 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if this lets you know more, but my 5 favorite pure basic games are:
5: AI Checkers By: nitacku
4: Metroid Pi By: Harrierfalcon
3: Nibbles By: Edward H. (On TIBD only.)
2: Portal By: Builderboy (aka Builderboy2005)
1: Donut Quest II By: Darkerline
You can find all these on TIBD (Checkers is in Showcases of TI Basic).
panyan

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 05:02:30 am    Post subject:

nitacku wrote:
I think gameplay is definitely one of the most important qualities for a game to have. For me, great gameplay means creating an engaging yet interesting environment that maintains a balance of difficulty to challenge and entertain the player.

+1 completely agree
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 07:11:32 am    Post subject:

ztrumpet wrote:
I don't know if this lets you know more, but my 5 favorite pure basic games are:

Personally, I am a fan of the "in-pure" basic, because those are the best. Like bowling by nitacku.
ztrumpet

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 08:42:41 am    Post subject:

Graphmastur wrote:
Personally, I am a fan of the "in-pure" basic, because those are the best. Like bowling by nitacku.

I think bowling uses xLib. (Therefore not in pure basic.)
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 01:32:01 pm    Post subject:

I voted Gameplay, Artwork, Controls, Attention Span, Ease of Use, and Overall. Probably the biggest turn-off for me are controls that are too sluggish, or way too touchy.
Builderboy2005

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 03:03:41 pm    Post subject:

ztrumpet wrote:

:D

What matters most to me is:

Gameplay, because every single game needs it
Speed, because you're playing it on a calculator
Ease of Use, because the game was made for ME to play Razz
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 15 Jul 2009 07:18:16 pm    Post subject:

ztrumpet wrote:
Graphmastur wrote:

I think he was using the "in" as a prefix meaning "not". Technically the real word is "impure".
Madskillz

Posted: 17 Jul 2009 07:01:58 pm    Post subject:

I voted overall, because I think the gameplay, graphics, story all are important elements but for a calc game especially one might be lacking so I couldnt possibly rate a game solely on one aspect. But overall if they pull everything together to make an experience no matter what that experience is good or bad, that is the most important thing to me when I rate games.
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Jul 2009 09:00:11 pm    Post subject:

calc84maniac wrote:
ztrumpet wrote:
Graphmastur wrote:

I think he was using the "in" as a prefix meaning "not". Technically the real word is "impure".

Ya know, the Ipod touch was an amazing idea, but I really wish that it didn't take over some words. Yes, it's supposed to say "im-pure". I put a dash in there, because there are some games that are technically "pure" basic games, but are really good for just basic.
tiuser1010

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 02:03:37 am    Post subject:

I personally rate my game on speed first then graphics then Bugs/Stability and then Delivers what's promised
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 19 Jul 2009 12:15:08 am    Post subject:

If it looks good, holds my attention for a long period of time, and a chimp can play it, I will like it Very Happy.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jul 2009 12:17:02 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Jul 2009 11:22:45 am    Post subject:

That's another good point, if a game's too difficult it can be off-putting. Penguins was crazy difficult right from the start. Not quite enough to be problematic but it really threw you into the mix in the first few steps. It's a good thing it didn't take quarters.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Jul 2009 04:36:05 pm    Post subject:

I voted Gameplay, Bugs/Stability, Controls, Speed, Genuineness, and Attention Span. Although personally I would lump speed under Gameplay--a laggy game is rather discouraging to play.

Bugs/Stability because clearly nobody wants to play a game that crashes every 5 minutes.

Controls because awkward controls ruin Gameplay.

Genuineness because I'm OCD a little about that. (I hate the Harry Potter movies--none of them match up with the books >_>).

Attention Span because if it can't hold my attention, it's...affecting Gameplay, obviously.

Last edited by Guest on 24 Jul 2009 06:21:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement