This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
pidayman

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 08:47:17 pm    Post subject:

Simply put: I've attempted compiling the two multiple times with fail.

I have compiled all the libraries found in tilibs2.

TiLP compiles and installs, but upon attempting to run it, this error comes: [font="Courier New"]tilp: error while loading shared libraries: libticalcs2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can't even get past the command make with tilem. The entire output of make below:

Code:
cd src && make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/matthew/ti/tilem-0.973/src'
cd tilem && make
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/matthew/ti/tilem-0.973/src/tilem'
gcc -g -O2  -O2 -c gui/linkset.c -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include   -pthread -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include   -I/usr/local/include/tilp2 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
In file included from gui/linkset.c:30:
gui/../core/dep/link.h:11: error: conflicting types for ‘CableOptions’
/usr/local/include/tilp2/ticables.h:253: error: previous declaration of ‘CableOptions’ was here
gui/linkset.c: In function ‘setuplink’:
gui/linkset.c:61: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
gui/linkset.c:64: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
make[2]: *** [linkset.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/matthew/ti/tilem-0.973/src/tilem'
make[1]: *** [xtilem] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/matthew/ti/tilem-0.973/src'
make: *** [compile] Error 2

The mind-boggling thing about the TiLP problem is that it worked fine before. If someone can help me with these problems I have, or point me to alternatives that I can compile. I'm using PPC Linux (because Apple doesn't update for this computer anymore). Thanks from the future!
bfr

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 02:01:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm no expert at this...but did everything go fine when you ran ./configure before make (which is I think what you're supposed to do)?

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jun 2009 02:01:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 04:23:46 pm    Post subject:

pidayman wrote:
I have compiled all the libraries found in tilibs2.

TiLP compiles and installs, but upon attempting to run it, this error comes: [font="Courier New"]tilp: error while loading shared libraries: libticalcs2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
The mind-boggling thing about the TiLP problem is that it worked fine before. If someone can help me with these problems I have, or point me to alternatives that I can compile.

This is kind of weird. Yesterday I ran into the [i]exact[/s] same problem with tilp. Most likely you're missing the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH. You'll want to use "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib" (or whatever path libticalcs installed to). Also add "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib" to your ~/.bashrc so the changes stick.
pidayman

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 08:21:30 pm    Post subject:

@simplethinker: thanks, it worked! Now I just need to make the changes stick.

@bfr: running ./configure for tilem doesn't seem to be giving any errors (it creates Makefiles and such at the end.) The thing I'm wondering about is the "conflicting CableOptions" It makes me think it's a problem with the ticables library.

Before swapping out the harddrive on this computer for a better one, I remember having TiLP working fine (like it is now) and tilem either failing to build or building. I really don't remember what happened with tilem. I never used it because I could dump a rom due to the fact that I just happen to have a TI-84+SE with the USB cable, which TiLP didn't want to dump. I'll try it again, this may be a newer TiLP than before.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jun 2009 08:22:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 08:27:21 pm    Post subject:

pidayman wrote:
@simplethinker: thanks, it worked! Now I just need to make the changes stick.

When you do the export from a shell, you have to use that same shell to run it, so if you leave the shell the changes don't stick. Add "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib" to your ~/.bashrc (or maybe ~./profile, I forget which one) and then logout and back in. That should make the changes stay.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jun 2009 08:28:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement