This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
Tyraniek

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 07:57:02 am    Post subject:

Can everyone tell me what are the input and the output of this romcall ?
I thought that the coordonates of the pixel to test were B, C, and that A was equal to 1 if there was a pixel on, but id doesn't seem to be right ; indeed, when I run my program, I've got an "Error : Domain".
Why ? How to use this rom_call ? Or maybe do you have a similar routine which works with the plotsscreen...
John Barrus

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 10:55:30 am    Post subject:

You are probably confusing pixeltest with ipoint.
the _ipoint romcall will either turn a point on, off, invert, or test it.
The coords of the point are loaded into b and c and the operation you want to do is loaded into d:
0 - turn off
1 - turn on
2 - invert
3 - test
4 - copy from buffer to display

the z flag is 1 when the point is on, 0 when the point is off.
Tyraniek

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 07:06:09 am    Post subject:

OK thanks, it is a perfect explication
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 02:48:49 pm    Post subject:

PixelTest is a pretty dumb romcall. It expect the coordinates to be in OP1/OP2, and in floating point format Smile
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 08:14:48 pm    Post subject:

u mean point test? pixel, is a point on the screen, point is a point on the graph... a pixel cannot be at halfway, but a point can! thus u need floating point for point, integer for pixel!

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jun 2003 08:15:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Barrus

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 05:42:41 am    Post subject:

No, he means pixeltest. It does seem pretty stupid if the same thing can be accomplished by using ipoint.
Job the GameQuitter

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 07:39:02 am    Post subject:

Out of personal experience I can say that using direct LCD communication gives a speed increase close to 500% when used instead of IPoint Laughing. Except when you're using an SE with 15mhz mode, then it's "only" 100%.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement