This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 May 2009 02:42:28 pm    Post subject:

why I wanted to know about the background is because of something I made a while ago (link)
and for the moving background I know of a good tutorial for that here

EDIT: I just saw this
geekboy1011 wrote:
random question how good is doors cs i have only used mirage

DoorsCS6 while having some errors is ok, it handles it's programs better then MirageOS but is 2 flash pages in size instead of one. DCS6 also will handle your archived subroutines for you (this is for BASIC if you have the right header) and it will allow you to edit directly in the shell (though I do not recommend it because of slight instability) I heartily recommend DCS6 over MirageOS

Last edited by Guest on 21 May 2009 06:46:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
geekboy1011

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 22 May 2009 06:26:48 pm    Post subject:

thanks for the tutorials the will help alot and thanks for you input on doors because doors can run the progs that use celtic 3 right?
oh and i really dont care about the size if you did not notice i fill my calc up and empty it just as often (well lately Smile )

and what one do you think will be better a scrolling or like the one i have

and one last question to every one who decided to try : how are the pics ect. coming i'm being lazy and dont want to code to much untill i get the best pics yada yada yada thanks for the help

Last edited by Guest on 22 May 2009 06:58:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
TI-newb

Posted: 24 May 2009 11:13:59 pm    Post subject:

Okay. Since i havn't been much help on the Menu or Map. i'l help with the Battle Area.. whatever it's called.

Note: since i suk at XLib ANDDD CelticIII. i'll have to write like.. instead of Real(1,-stuff-. il do like What character/soldier

And are we doing like an exact copy of Crimson Warfare where the soldiers/tanks and stuff move and track where each other are and shoot?
cause im having trouble imagining how this thing will run... even if we complete it, i think it would run so slow...

anyways il start planning or thinking how we can do this.. if u guys want u can plan too. i don't think my plan will be as good as i hope

EDIT:* to get things clear. CrimonWarefare is like 2 armies against each other. and you select your building to create soldiers/tanks?

cause on the first page of posts, Geekboy said something about "after moving around"... can you guys give me a discription? or send me a link to the game XD?

Last edited by Guest on 24 May 2009 11:19:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
TI-newb

Posted: 24 May 2009 11:36:51 pm    Post subject:

i just read 1 page on CelticIII. and im sold. I LOVE IT ALREADY!

Sorry for double posting. i will never do it agian T_T
well.. maybe i might..
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:48:40 am    Post subject:

grr, I was going to say something about the double posting then I read the last bit of the last post...you know you could just put the two posts together with an edit...and yes Celtic III is amazing, but it doesn't have full compatibility yet, but it will when Imbian finishes with it.
TI-newb

Posted: 25 May 2009 08:21:33 pm    Post subject:

kay. from what ive searched up so far. Crimson Warefare is a game where human vs computer. and there are two sides. and you send your army to take down the other base/camp.

This sounds VERY complicated. but i will attempt to make a plan for the battles.

Btw. what do you mean CelticIII isn't Fully Compatible... like is it Usable?.. or will there be some Glitches/Problems/Crashes?...

and Celtic is 30Kb.. it can be used on uhh Archive right XD? cause our ram is like 23k max.. this will take a while to learn. it's almost like Xlib EXCEPT!!!! I like the way Sprites are drawn....

Btw. to make 4x4 Sprites..you need like 4 digits? but 16x16? i dunno plz explain.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 May 2009 08:30:43 pm    Post subject:

no just not all the commands work, it doesn't cause crashes though, and it's an app so of course it's in the Archive, it just copies out a catch for the commands
TI-newb

Posted: 25 May 2009 08:39:42 pm    Post subject:

Not all Commands?.. Does that interesting Sprite Drawing thing work....? thats what i really want it for XD and maybe Screen scrolling Lols!

EDIT!*hehe. i just printed out the whole Readme LOLS! if im bored MWHAHA i'l have so much to do!!

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2009 08:41:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 May 2009 08:57:17 pm    Post subject:

all the main commands do I think, it's just the compatability that has problems
TI-newb

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:09:12 pm    Post subject:

Main Commands? arn't there just like. Commands... Does PUTESPRITE work? or SHIFTSCREEN...? those look pretty 'Main Commands' to me.

EDIT* When you said "all the Main Commands Do" what im thinking ur saying is. All the Main Commands Do not work.. if you read the 4 earlier posts... uhh you might get what im trying to say XD but now i think your saying that Main Commands Work.. i hope your right.

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2009 09:11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
geekboy1011

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:15:52 pm    Post subject:

ok i have sadly not added any changes to any thing but using the tutorial eeems gave me i have made a scrolling (the diagonal thing) grayscale back round

for the sake of speed i think we should ditch the tracking nd jst do repetitive rows (like the guys follow one of three or for set movment patterns) as u have already notice i have cut the game up into a buch of diffrent prog for 1` ease of editing and 2 by having it in a bunch of different progs eg:1 menu prog holds all menues
1 battle per prog all battles in diferent progs this does make it i a bit more tedious to program but is much easy er to save space as stuff can be arced and stuff as need be

this is the code for the front screen movment back round(not including the actual title just the backround)

0>y
real(5,0,26
0>x
O>a
Getkey>a
identity(,8."0018183c667e1800",x,y,0,1
identity(,8."182424429981e77e",x,y,0,1
identity(,8."0018183c667e1800",x,y,0,1
x-1>x
y-1>y
end

tell me what u think
TI-newb

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:19:17 pm    Post subject:

UHHHH. i still have yet to read the ReadMe... lemme put this into my uhm.. calc. and see what i see/think.. i'l edit this when i have seen what i wanna see ! XD

EDIT* Uhhh. I see alot of SpaceShips.. on the Screen.. That looks really awsome! *For a second there i thought it was the background of the Battlefield.. untill i read further.. lols. Anyways the Menu would look awsome with that background *Gratz*

EDIT*On the CelticIII thingy i read. how do u make the Menu Box Overlapping the background?? and Do i need Xlib for this project *i deleted that. but i can re-install it if it is needed*

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2009 09:31:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:19:52 pm    Post subject:

[quote name='TI-newb' post='133536' date='May 25 2009, 08:09 PM']Main Commands? arn't there just like. Commands... Does PUTESPRITE work? or SHIFTSCREEN...? those look pretty 'Main Commands' to me.

EDIT* When you said "all the Main Commands Do" what im thinking ur saying is. All the Main Commands Do not work.. if you read the 4 earlier posts... uhh you might get what im trying to say XD but now i think your saying that Main Commands Work.. i hope your right.[/quote]
I mean all the Celtic III specific ones, not all the xLib compatibility ones
geekboy1011

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:22:24 pm    Post subject:

here is a quik explanation in comment format

0>y ;duh
real(5,0,26 ; set contrast to 26
0>x ;duh
O>a ;duh
Getkey>a
identity(,8."0018183c667e1800",x,y,0,1}
identity(,8."182424429981e77e",x,y,0,1} displays the 8x8 sprites around the screen
identity(,8."0018183c667e1800",x,y,0,1]
x-1>x ; shifts left
y-1>y ; shifts down
end
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:27:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
and Celtic is 30Kb.. it can be used on uhh Archive right XD? cause our ram is like 23k max.. this will take a while to learn. it's almost like Xlib EXCEPT!!!! I like the way Sprites are drawn....

Celtic III is 16,384 bytes (1-page) and can (should) be archived. The 30KB is the app plus the documentation/source/etc.

Quote:
and yes Celtic III is amazing, but it doesn't have full compatibility yet, but it will when Imbian finishes with it.

By "compatibility" do you mean xLIB/Omnicalc compatibility (all the real( commands), or that all of the commands aren't finished yet? The xLIB and Omnicalc commands are all finished.

To my knowledge, the commands that are still buggy are (as of 3.09q):
det( commands 10-13 (Group commands): I don't remember the specifics, but there are some issues with this.
det(23 (INDEXFILE): Iambian left a debugging command (Line 1161 in _CFN.z80) in by accident (as long as you're not using Wabbit, pressing [ON] will let you continue)
det(24 (LOOKUPINDEX): It doesn't strip the newline character.
det(27 (STRINGREAD ): Line 1427 in _CFN.z80 should be "dec DE" instead of "inc DE" (I don't remember exactly how this manifested in use)

And according the the readme, these aren't implemented yet:
det(33, det(34, identity(10

I want to say that there's a slight problem with one of the box drawing routines (either Celtic III's native one or xLIB's compatibility one), but I can't seem to find any reference to it in the source (it might have been a problem in 3.09p and fixed in 3.09q).

[edit] So, in the time it took me to dig through the source and find my notes there have been a few new posts.

TI-newb: All of the sprite drawer, tilemap, and shift screen routines are functional.
Eeems: Most of the "main commands" work (see the first parts of my post)

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2009 09:31:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
geekboy1011

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:32:01 pm    Post subject:

\quote
And according the the readme, these aren't implemented yet:
det(33, det(34, identity(10

det34 does work had to clear my ram quite a few times by messing with it

to ti newb
no it will work with celtic 3
and go here for a great tutorial (thanks to eeems)
the cahnges to the code would be

>y ;duh
real(5,0,26 ; set contrast to 26
0>x ;duh
O>a ;duh
Getkey>a
identity(,8."0018183c667e1800",x,y,0,0}not update
box code here and update
identity(,8."182424429981e77e",x,y,0,0} displays the 8x8 sprites around the screen
box code here and update

identity(,8."0018183c667e1800",x,y,0,0]
ox code here and update

x-1>x ; shifts left
y-1>y ; shifts down
end

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2009 09:34:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
TI-newb

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:47:08 pm    Post subject:

Okay. before i do any planning. i saw a screen shot of Crimson Warefare where you have a Menu taking up like.. Half the screen? or like 1/3 of the screen. and the other 2/3 is the Battlefield where all the action is... Do you want to keep the Menu there? or like do a Mini Pause to select the building/soldiers/vehichles to build.. and once you select the option you want. the game will go back to the full battle screen with everything resumed?... *just you know.. throwing ideas out.. (the reason i threw this out is cause the Screen on the calculator is already small.. considering what we're putting on the battlefield.. i thought we might need the WHOLE screen for this).. XD
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:49:21 pm    Post subject:

geekboy1011 wrote:
det34 does work had to clear my ram quite a few times by messing with it

I remember what the problem is. The jump table for the interrupt (something having to do with what happens when [ON] is pressed) is located in a space in memory that's used by many other ASM programs and Apps (9900h in appBackUpScreen), so it's highly likely that running anything other than pure BASIC commands (and Celtic III stuff) will cause some serious issues.
geekboy1011

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:57:09 pm    Post subject:

the bottom can be moved and i believe the game already pauses when u do an action because it cales a different program

i was having trouble figuring out haw a full menu would be transferable back to the battle field ya now what i mean right?
i have an idea for it and will try tonight \ tomorrow hope fully soon

to simple thinker

by problems i ment i left no way out of the proggram except on and well u get the picture

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2009 10:13:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
TI-newb

Posted: 25 May 2009 10:06:27 pm    Post subject:

Well. how i was thinking how you should make it go from Menu to Battle Screen is uhh... Example

Repeat (Untill a team dies?)
Put up the buildings, or update the new buildings.
0->X
If (.. X?Any will do)=0
Then
BATTLE SCREEN and movement stuff here.. with Getkey.. and then like..
If Getkey
Then
MENU STUFF XD
1->X
End
End
End

Will that work? because it will technically pause the Battle.

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2009 10:10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 12 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement