This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
Flofloflo

Posted: 12 May 2009 03:13:04 pm    Post subject:

Hello,

There's a concept that I've been walking around with for years now that I want to use in a game sometime. The idea is to make a game whose difficulty does not lie in the goals you have to fullfill (like, drive from A to B or Hit the target) but in the amount of information you get to achieve your goal, for example, instead of relying on your own senses to find the way, you have to rely on A.I telling you where to go (like GPS Razz) or the other way around, you have to select orders to give to an A.I who will then use use these orders (sending out soldiers, or telling them to make specific moves) to fullfil their goal.

The thing is, I can't think of a good situation to apply this to (I tried some things but failed all the time ), a while back I did think of something though, but it's still a bit of a lame idea.

The idea was, that you and an opponent drive around on a round racing track, but instead of being able to see where you are driving, you can only see your own and your opponents speed. Your opponent wants to collide with you. You have to avoid it. Your opponent goes faster/slower, and you have to respond to that to avoid collison. But that turned out to be really lame. I guess even if I'd be able to make decent A.I it would still be lame.

I had some other concepts but I won't bother posting them here, I just wondered if somebody could comment on the idea, you know, is there some way a game like this (not nessecarily the driving game) would be fun, or is it just a really crappy concept?
geekboy1011

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 13 May 2009 04:01:28 pm    Post subject:

I think this is a great idea and would love to see it implemented in a game but i sadly cant think of any thing that would work so sorry about that but if you think of a good idea or someone posts i would gladley help with the programming

als i am looking for help on a game it is based off of the flash game crimson warfare any ideas/ help would greatly be appriciated
thx and sorry for using your post like a add for me :blush: i am a copleat nube i just signed up like 2 minutes ago
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement