This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Nov 2003 08:53:12 pm    Post subject:

I have long hair, and I get called "ma'm" at work (Wal-Mart cashier) quite a lot. Today, however, somone took a mistake too far. This guy (probablly in his 30's or 40's) kept calling me "the cutest little girl in Wal-Mart" and "sweetie", and wouldn't let off of it. He was completely sincere about it, and I didn't know exactly how the polite way to handle the situation would be, so I just ignored it. Next time this happens, you're gonna see me on 20/20 - "Wal-Mart Cashier goes postal on customers."

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
The ninjas are gonna kick your a if you call them ma'm again!
Matt

Posted: 29 Nov 2003 09:36:45 pm    Post subject:

yeah I was on a mission trip once and some quy from subway called me swetty. And one year I was one a youth mission trip and we were with another youth group. Well all the girls thought this guy was hot but sadly when we got on the bus he sat next to me. So to start of with he was singing some backstreet boys song (or somethin like that ) to a girl that sat in front of us. But then he turned to me! That was enough but all of a sudden started strobein' my chin @ that point I was all the way up next to the window. then he started feeling my upperbpdy and that was it so I punched him. I think he was around 4 years older than me but he stoped. And thats just bout it.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Dec 2003 03:58:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 Nov 2003 05:25:39 am    Post subject:

KD5YTX - Grow the beard or goatee you always wanted, they'll wise up. Smile
Matt - Now thats just creepy! Luckily I've never been in such or similar situation.

--AlienCC
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Nov 2003 09:36:45 am    Post subject:

KD, things similar to that happened to me in 9th grade. maybe the pigtails were to much, but i thought i looked good... Neutral anyway, i just got me a mullet and everyone stopped calling me ma'am.

maybe my mullet makes me more attractive, maybe not...

Last edited by Guest on 30 Nov 2003 09:38:46 am; edited 1 time in total
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Nov 2003 01:02:55 pm    Post subject:

lol - Matt, now that is creepy! Yeah, I suppose I should go for the goatee look, and then only the really really blind old men will come on to me ;)

The ninjas cannot think of anything to say.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Nov 2003 02:15:07 pm    Post subject:

Matt, that is pretty freaky. and KD5YTX, that is annoying. Luckily,the only time ppl think I'm a girl was when i was young and on the phone. That stopped after my voice changed, though.
Jeffrey

Posted: 30 Nov 2003 04:00:05 pm    Post subject:

I know about the phone thing. Frequently salespeople would call the house, I would answer and they would say "Hello, ma'am, are you interested in buying ...". That was about 3/4 years ago, but it was still mentally damaging. I can only guess the immense amounts of therapy needed in the above cases. Wacko Neutral
DmitriB

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2003 10:18:40 am    Post subject:

kd, how are you going to grow a goatee when you dont have any facial hair at all??
long hairs do not count as a facial hair so dont think that they do.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Dec 2003 10:21:38 am; edited 1 time in total
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2003 07:10:36 pm    Post subject:

Dang, I've been getting confused... I guess I thought all those things on my razor in the morning when I'm done shaving were hairs that were on my face, but Dmitri, I'm sure you're right and they "magically appeared from nowhere land and flew to my razor." How silly of me.

Ninja - razor slash! Ha ha!
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Dec 2003 07:10:48 pm    Post subject:

Jeffrey wrote:
I know about the phone thing. Frequently salespeople would call the house, I would answer and they would say "Hello, ma'am, are you interested in buying ...". That was about 3/4 years ago, but it was still mentally damaging. I can only guess the immense amounts of therapy needed in the above cases.  Wacko  Neutral

try this: next time then call trying to sell you something say "no, but would you like to purchase such and such item?"
reverse psycology can be very fun Laughing

Last edited by Guest on 01 Dec 2003 07:11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2003 07:16:50 pm    Post subject:

I have a friend at work, Steve. He once had a telemarketer call and ask for the woman of the house, Mrs. Williams, his wife. He said, "sure sure, hold on just a sec," set down the phone, and picked it up moments later with a newly aquired lisp. Talking as flamboyantly as possible, he said "Well hello? Oh yes! I'm Mrs. Williams!," and the telemarketer proceeded reluctantly, asking "you're sure you are Mrs. Williams?" Further into the spiel of the telemarketer, my friend interupted the telemarketer by saying, still with the lisp, "my, you have a beatiful voice! I'll bet you're big and strong and handsome!" The telemarketer actually hung up on him!

My problem isn't voice though, cause whenever folks call Walmart or my house they always say sir, but in person half the people call me ma'm. Geez.

Ninjas don't get mad, they get even.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Dec 2003 07:20:57 pm    Post subject:

well, if you have a name tag, get a sharpie and in big, bold letters, write "Mr." in front of the name.
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2003 10:07:23 pm    Post subject:

lol, good idea, cause my parents just HAD to name me "Alex", a gender nuetral name.

Ninja Sharpie, away!
yugniht

Posted: 01 Dec 2003 11:20:13 pm    Post subject:

well, you said you had long hair. So, how is it cut? Maybe you could get it cut in such a way that you could tell it was a guy, understand? There are plenty of guys at my school with long hair, and only one I can think of looks like a girl. (that's because he parted in the middle and had it cut straight across, no layering. He looked like a girl with a bad girl's haircut)......or you could just grow some facial hair Very Happy
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2003 11:27:08 pm    Post subject:

Umm... I guess I have the bad chick's haircut haircut, well actually no I take that back. I have no haircut. That's my whole point of growing it out. I'm going for the part Hoffman (Abbie) and part Stallman (Richard) anarchist-GNU look.

That's right, he said "anarchist-GNU!"
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Dec 2003 04:23:56 am    Post subject:

Whats the point?

You can do more damage from within society then you could as an outcast...but then why damage society?

To damage society is to damage yourself more then anyone else. Perhaps not Damage so much as a, or rather to stop the progression of, which I suppose really is Damaging.

Life is a delicate thing, we are given a small amount of time. We are also given the ability to choose that which we know from within ourselves to be right, or that which we know to be wrong. For which we will ultimately pay the consequences of these decisions at a time undetermined for now.

Looks can be deceiving, deceipt is of an evil nature who has no purpose other then to chain us down into misery by fooling us into thinking we are choosing something glamourous. So why then would you choose to deceive others with your looks?

Just some random thoughts to think about.

--AlienCC
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Dec 2003 12:49:50 am    Post subject:

If you ask me, we are all dying and suffering each day.

All that is surtain is a slow agonizing death, hours of work.

Imagine that. What the hell is the point of living would be a good question to ask if we die.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Dec 2003 09:00:37 am    Post subject:

really, the point to living is to make life better for those who come after us.
Alan

Posted: 06 Dec 2003 02:17:16 am    Post subject:

KiloDeltaFiveYankeeGolfYankee, cut your hair. You dont really look like a girl but that hair is crazy. Just because you like the Free Software Foundation and Richard Stallman doesnt mean you should never cut your hair. You looked a whole lot better with your hair being cut a little past ear length and people will not confuse you for a female. The guy from overseas(cant remember his name right now) who wrote the linux kernel is cooler in my oppinion than Stallman anyway.
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Dec 2003 12:57:46 pm    Post subject:

Torvalds doesn't look better than Stallman by any means. Also, you used your own callsign, not mine (mine is YTX, not YGY, remember...)

Ninja K... Ninja D... Ninja 5... Ninja Y... Ninja T... Ninja X...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement