This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
Raylin

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 04:35:25 pm    Post subject:

All right, so my idea is this.
My and my friend were talking and unceremoniously, the concept of Halo on the calculator came up.
My friend said that it was physically impossible and I concurred.
However, as I mulled the conversation over in Chemistry, I thought of an ingenious idea.
Let's say that you have two players on the screen.
Arrow keys are pressed and the game is set in motion.
Players begin moving.
Suddenly, Player 2 presses the [Shoot] button to fire his equipped weapon.
Time stops and the game enters into a "Scorched Earth-minigame."
A projectile arc appears and the player waits until the target matches up with the other player.
He presses the button.
The shot is released!
But, wait!
Player 1 presses the [Action] button!
A velocity arc appears and he presses the button again right when the moving bar lines up with the highlighted region.
A successful dodge!
The game continues as such until one player runs out of HP.

So, do you guys think that this is possible? Test programs would be really nice and formulas (that are explained) are appreciated!

Thanks!
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 05:14:56 pm    Post subject:

Probably possible with 2d partially, but sounds.. unique. ;o
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement