This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Apr 2009 11:08:21 pm    Post subject:

if there is a thread, please point, my search came up with 0, if not, can we discuss it here?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Apr 2009 11:52:03 pm    Post subject:

*reduces the topic title by 46 characters* Not the best place to start writing the actual content of your posts. ;)

So, assuming that there doesn't exist a thread about TI-SmartView (and there's not), what, precisely, would we be discussing? Describe the goal, not the step, please.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Apr 2009 12:15:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Apr 2009 08:54:57 am    Post subject:

does anyone have it?

is it worth having

is $155 to much?

from reading the "features" section on TI it seems to be fully featured, but extremely expensive! i think the best way to get this would be picking it up second hand Wink but noone seems to be offering it...
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Apr 2009 09:31:18 am    Post subject:

They seem to have a 30 day free trial. you could always test that out and report back to us.
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Apr 2009 10:31:16 am    Post subject:

i got registered to be sent the trial, lets see how it goes
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Apr 2009 07:45:56 pm    Post subject:

I have it and it sucks. You're better off with one of the community's emulators.
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Apr 2009 09:03:03 pm    Post subject:

i agree, you can send programs to it, but they run slow as dirt, it keeps every key press and has seperate screens for the y window and such, but its lack of friendlieness is to hard to handle, on the plus side it did come with the 84+ 2.43 operating system file .8Xu (does that make it legal to distribute?)

so yea, not worth it, its more for setting up their version of powerpoints to teach how to use the calc than anything.
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 02:43:28 am    Post subject:

No, it does NOT make it legal to distribute. TI wants you to download it from their site, not from anyone else's.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement