This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 31 Mar 2009 10:02:45 pm    Post subject:

About 20% of the times when I try to send a program from the calculator to the PC (83+, Ti-Connect), I get one of two errors. Sometimes, it says that it failed and retrying may be successful, and it gives some hex value, but the only way around that is to unarchive the program and rearchive it. The other error I get is that the data type is not compatible with the calculator, which is absurd because the calculator made the variable. I can fix the second error by just retrying. Does anyone know what's wrong?

EDIT: Yay! All 5 topics on this board are about Ti-Connect!

Last edited by Guest on 31 Mar 2009 10:03:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galandros

Posted: 02 Apr 2009 04:05:21 pm    Post subject:

When it starts to fail a lot (especially calc to calc) is when your batteries are low.
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 02 Apr 2009 08:15:47 pm    Post subject:

Well, I just replaced my batteries, so I know that isn't it. Also, I should note that I have only seen this occur when sending to the PC from the archive.

On a completely unrelated note, I had the weirdest crash this morning. I wanted to reset my RAM to save space, so I archived my stuff. When I got to the DCS6 appvar, it went to the home screen and remapped my soft keys! At least 5 took me to the graph screen and a bunch of them were just random tokens. Pressing 2nd X squared would bring up a prompt saying "Are you sure" with yes and no options, but I couldn't find the 1 or 2 keys or the enter key. Eventually it crashed when I tried pressing arccos.
ahudson

Posted: 03 Apr 2009 05:30:29 pm    Post subject:

About the TI-Connect issues, I would personally recommend TI-GRAPH LINK software with a black or gray cable (serial or parallel, NOT USB). TI-GRAPH LINK has worked very well for me with my TI-86 and it should also work well for the 83+. Whenever I got an error sending with TI-Connect (exclucing memory full), it always worked with TI-GRAPH LINK.

You can download TI-GRAPH LINK software on TI's education web site.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Apr 2009 05:30:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 05:14:01 am    Post subject:

I just recommend TILP. Far superior, IMO.
TKD_01

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 01:49:08 pm    Post subject:

Mapar007 wrote:
I just recommend TILP. Far superior, IMO.

Yup yup. Just be sure to delete all TI-Connect files before downloading TiLP, or both programs will crash.

P.S. I'd like to recommend TiLP2--much more stable than the first TiLP.
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Apr 2009 02:50:34 am    Post subject:

Yeah, TiLP 1 didn't work at all on my machine...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement