This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 11:01:49 pm    Post subject:

actually, i wouldn't be sure on your estimate. he still hasn't told much on what he has left to do.

WHOA! waitaminute, this is the guy who made the roller coaster tycoon game! hey, sweet deal, dude!

Last edited by Guest on 12 Apr 2009 11:03:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 12:19:31 am    Post subject:

cjgone wrote:
Erm, all I see is sprites and a tile mapper.. Can't really call this pokemon, ehh? It's like 1% done.

Will be excited when this is finished tho sometime Wink.

cjgone wrote:
Graphmastur wrote:
Look at all of the posts. It is way more than 1% done.

Am I missing something? Honestly, it's pretty much a tile mapper. There's no items, or any of the rather more complex objects to code either. No menu coded. There's some pointer thing to swap the maps at certain points but nothing crazy as of yet. People getting a bit jumpy ehh.

Objects = 90% of the code. Tile map = 1%. The rest is the battle sim but there's no point of writing that. Just team up with metagross Very Happy.

cjgone wrote:
ticalcnoah wrote:
What do you call this then he's got a small battle engine.
http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?s=&s...st&p=132342

It's hardly complete. People are getting way to excited for somthing that'll be released in like 3-5 years.

So far this project is very impressive. I think the author would appreciate it if you did not ridicule him simply because his project not complete enough for your liking. UTI should be a place that welcomes newcomers and supports them, that's the only way for it to grow. If you treat every new member who posts a noncomplete project then it's going to be impossible for this to happen.

I would also like to point out that this is a hobby. It's something that you should do for yourself (and I suppose for those who would use your creations). Don't look at someone else's similar project as something that is better or worse then yours, but as the creation of someone who enjoys the same things as you.

Also, this should probably be moved to Project Ideas/Start New Projects Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 13 Apr 2009 12:22:57 am; edited 1 time in total
mr. sir

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 03:42:13 pm    Post subject:

Probably a bad question, but... will Missingno be in the game? Either of the games? If so, will the duplicating items trick work?
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 04:58:44 pm    Post subject:

mr. sir wrote:
Probably a bad question, but... will Missingno be in the game? Either of the games? If so, will the duplicating items trick work?

I'd assume not unless as an easter egg. Glitches aren't purposely put in to the game, and i'm sure with the calculator's un protected memory that it wouldn't be difficult to modify stats, make new pokemon, etc. Unless the author has the source of pokemon, which I doubt, it'd be really hard to make the exact glitch that caused what you stated.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Apr 2009 04:59:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 05:00:39 pm    Post subject:

mr. sir wrote:

it won't be catchable in my game, and duplicating items will be impossible too. that's isn't to say it isn't possible to OWN one, if you edit the code a bit, cause i still had to create placeholder pokemon (unintentionally) when i created extra sprites and trainers and stuff.

needless to say, doing this could cause it to err
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 05:22:31 pm    Post subject:

cjgone wrote:
Unless the author has the source of pokemon, which I doubt, it'd be really hard to make the exact glitch that caused what you stated.

It's actually been discovered exactly what causes those two glitches. The missingo thing is explained in another Pokemon thread. As for the item duplication: There's a flag in the pokedex data that indicates whether a pokemon has been encountered before. For the missingno, since it doesn't actually have a pokedex entry, the bit accessed turns out to be one of the bits in the quantity of the item in slot number six, so when you encounter missingo, 128 is added to that number (here).
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 07:11:25 pm    Post subject:

yeah, but I don't want to go out of my way to replicate that glitch, especially since this game will be a lot more compressed :/

although, i decided to add some placeholders for a few GSC mechanics, so if i do upgrade the transition will be a bit more peaceful.
AMkiller

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 12:58:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm having a quite buzzy time at the moment because of the physics and math olympics, guitar and school, but into two weeks I will continue programming. I'm not putting missingno in the game, but there is an other cheat pokémon in the game (as you can see on the pokémon sprites I posted earlier,the ugly thing above oak and at the right side of mew, with the number 152) and there's an other way to get this one.
anyway, his name is DIJASTIM and he's quite strong. The whole game is also filled with a lot of other easter eggs, but I'm not going to tell them yet, you will see them (I hope) when the game is finished.

thanks super speler and Art_of_camelot for the positive reply's

anyway, I shouldn't say that it will still take 3 to 5 years to finish this, as (at least I think so) the whole mapping(exclusive the inside of the buildings), pokemon sprites, pokémon data input,the graphic part of all the attacks, a great part of the battle engine,the start and save menu,credit screen,some parts of the box and items and some other things(like parts of the story, menus, some easter eggs etc) are done.

the biggest stuff I have to do yet are: the insides of the buildings, the rest of the battle engine(which is a lot), bug fixing, levelling up engine, items, pokemon box, easter eggs, special events, story parts and a lot of other things I cant remember now.
I give it a 50% done

programming is fun, I'll continue this project.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 01:08:09 pm    Post subject:

Nice job AMKiller :biggrin: One of the hardest parts about working on a large project is mapping out what you need to do. It looks like you've got a good handle on it though.

Quote:
programming is fun, I'll continue this project.

Just make sure you don't stress yourself so much that it takes that part away. Smile
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 06:30:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
One of the hardest parts about working on a large project is mapping out what you need to do. It looks like you've got a good handle on it though.

truth

i apologize if i came across as negative. that's just what i had originally thought. however, you have done a wonderful job so far.
AMkiller

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 19 Apr 2009 08:27:39 am    Post subject:

For the start pokemon, you can choose between Pikachu, charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle. any other ideas?
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 19 Apr 2009 10:28:56 am    Post subject:

AMkiller wrote:
For the start pokemon, you can choose between Pikachu, charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle. any other ideas?

Why would you give other choices? I think those three (plus Pikachu) are pretty much standard for any port/remake of Pokemon.
AMkiller

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 05:36:52 am    Post subject:

yeah I'll keep it.
what do you think of this:

Each time you enter a pokemoncenter, your pokémon get auto-healed, so you no longer need to talk each time to the woman near the healing machine.
dimitri

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 10:47:54 am    Post subject:

That's a great idea Very Happy
I hate talking to the nurse every time in regular games :biggrin:
I'll draw the insides of the pokemon center, houses etc Wink
why don't you ever mention your friends?
Stijn, Tim, Vic, me and possible some others are helping you out of free will.

and Metagross111: I won't and don't want to look at your drawings because we are making our own creation.
i accedently saw your trainers, good job but i'm making them a little different and use some of newer pkmn games.
btw: Charizard is made better now.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Apr 2009 10:49:37 am; edited 1 time in total
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 08:55:51 pm    Post subject:

dimitri wrote:
and Metagross111: I won't and don't want to look at your drawings because we are making our own creation.
i accedently saw your trainers, good job but i'm making them a little different and use some of newer pkmn games.
btw: Charizard is made better now.

who the hell are you?

and more importantly, what prompted that response?

Last edited by Guest on 23 Apr 2009 08:59:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 09:46:36 pm    Post subject:

metagross111 wrote:
who the hell are you?

AMkiller and imitator of that ever-so-famous serial killer: Josef Fritzel. Or at least someone who uses their computers. But hey, who's counting?

Last edited by Guest on 23 Apr 2009 09:47:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
AMkiller

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 03:31:11 am    Post subject:

Dimitri is a friend who helped me with drawing things. He made 1 third of the pokémon sprites and a lot of other sprites(the better one). I have mentioned 'friends' I think, anyway, but stijn didn't helped as you know and Vic Tim and you are the first 3 persons in the credits.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 08:31:57 am    Post subject:

Whew! At least it isn't multiple personality. Razz That woulda made the game credits a little tricky.

Last edited by Guest on 24 Apr 2009 08:43:50 am; edited 1 time in total
dimitri

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 10:53:36 am    Post subject:

sorry about the confusion.
I just wanted to let everyone know i want to be a part of it.
And just like AMkiller said: if anyone has a suggestion of how to make thing (look) better... by all means.
Thanks everyone for the interest Wink tell your friends about us.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 03:40:23 pm    Post subject:

well, you made a terrible first impression on me o_O

it was somewhat insulting, and i still don't know why you called me out.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 10 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement