This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
ready961

Posted: 25 Mar 2009 12:42:10 pm    Post subject:

I am a total mooron i guess. I cant seem to load a game off ticalc.org and get it to work on my ti-83 plus. I save the game, open it and copy and paste the 8xp file into my backup folder. Then i restore the calculator. The name of the program shows up but will not run. I also cant edit it in the calculator. Or even get rid of it. Any help would be awesome.
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Mar 2009 04:04:13 pm    Post subject:

you have ti-connect right?
if so download the game and drag and drop it to the ti connect window. It will then transfer.

Assembly games have to be run with the ASM( command or from a shell like doors cs or Mirage.
Mirage

also some games require flash librarys like xlib.

I would suggest reading the readme files as many games require certain variables to be sent also.

good luck in you gaming.
ready961

Posted: 26 Mar 2009 07:32:59 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the drag and drop tip, works good. I tried loading Mirage but im out of memory and theres nothing on my calculator?
ticalcnoah

Posted: 26 Mar 2009 09:23:56 am    Post subject:

Check how much free rom you have you may need to delete some other applications.
ready961

Posted: 26 Mar 2009 10:00:41 am    Post subject:

Thanks guys!! I deleted some stuff and is now working Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement