This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
ticalcnoah

Posted: 16 Mar 2009 06:15:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm in the market for a laptop for school I'm looking for =<500 dollars. Does anyone have good suggestions?
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Mar 2009 07:37:44 pm    Post subject:

I have this piece-o-shit dell latitude 100l laptop with a somewhat loose screen that has no working usb ports or disc drive, but it comes with XP and office 03 as well as a wireless card! Very Happy
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Mar 2009 10:26:54 pm    Post subject:

ticalcnoah wrote:
I'm in the market for a laptop for school I'm looking for =<500 dollars. Does anyone have good suggestions?

http://eeepc.asus.com/global/index.html

If I remember correctly they start around $300 new. There's a *wide* range of specs and different models so choose what fits your needs + wallet best.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Mar 2009 10:27:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Mar 2009 07:30:48 am    Post subject:

What kind of laptop are you looking for? If you want a netbook/ultra portable I find the Acer Aspire One's to be a better and cheaper alternative to the Eeepc's and I would suggest getting one with flash memory rather than a HDD if you want a little more durability. For more mid range laptop you may want to look into a Used Dell latitude, My dad's refurbished one has lasted quite well for being at least 8 years old.
ticalcnoah

Posted: 17 Mar 2009 09:41:36 am    Post subject:

I'm looking for a ultra portable one.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Mar 2009 03:44:28 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I'd look into the Acer Aspire One's then I know you can get one with a 8.9" screen 160GB hdd, xp home and 1gb of ram for $296 at Sams Club and I've seen the flashed based ones even cheaper. Personally the Aspire One seems a lot nicer than the Eeepc's but that's just me.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement