This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
_Auron_

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 09:43:30 pm    Post subject:

_Auron_ (TCPA)
[Custom Sprite]

Battle: "Are you preparing for the end?"
Win: "Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life."
Lose: "Every story must have an ending.."
After: "This.. is your world now."

1. Scyther
2. Golem
3. Dragonite
4. Kabutops
merthsoft

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 10:02:19 pm    Post subject:

Merth (TCPA)
Battle: "If I lose I'll kick you out."
Win: "I have a penis!"
Lose: "!k <playername> ... Aw, it didn't work..."
After: "Dammit, I hate you all sooo much!"
Pokemon:
1. Ditto
2. Bulbasaur
3. Charmander
4. Squirtle
5. Diglett
6. Ditto

I wanna be the first!

Last edited by Guest on 15 Mar 2009 10:05:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 10:24:25 pm    Post subject:

Man. This is pretty intense.

Harrierfalcon (UTI)
Sprite D3
Battle: "For Aiur!"
Win: "The Aura is with me."
Lose: "Dang it, I knew I forgot something...a fairy..."
After: "We're always running out of empty bottles. We must construct additional pylons...I mean, bottles! Good game."
Pokemon: Pidgeotto, Jolteon, Hitmonchan

Whatever attacks are normal at that point >_<.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Mar 2009 10:25:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 10:45:59 pm    Post subject:

cool! i'll get busy right away on adding those.
netham45

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 20 Mar 2009 03:04:57 pm    Post subject:

Netham45 (Omnimaga)
Sprite A7
Battle: "If you promise not to bleed on my suit, I will kill you quickly."
Win: "Oh, dear, I've made quite a mess."
Lose: "You are all incompetent cowards!"
After: "You know, hiding won't save you."
Pokemon: Geode, Ghastly, Raichu
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Apr 2009 09:35:41 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by Guest on 02 Apr 2009 02:05:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Apr 2009 10:00:22 pm    Post subject:

You really should send the file to someone to animate that.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Apr 2009 10:35:05 pm    Post subject:

not really. i'm skipping a few frames in between. my comp wasn't working quite well so i just said "screw it" and went with this. i was tempted to get every frame and put it together in gimp then decided it wasn't worth the trouble. next update will be animated, i swear! lol

metagross111@Revsoft wrote:
hopefully this shows you how far I've improved on the battle window. it's less cluttered, and a few attacks have animations. It also sort of demonstrates the limited computer AI to utilize STAB and type advantages.

i won't really work on AI too much. I'm just tackling numerous little bits at one time. but I actually think AI can be done well in BASIC. It still randomly chooses attacks, but smarter moves have a higher probability to be chosen using a few rules of priority for STAB, type matching, and power

also, to make room for attacks, i made the status bars scroll out and then back in. i thought it was a nice touch, and was awesome when animated :D

also, the pokemon blinks when taking damage, falls out when fainted, and the attack animations use sprite masking. text now flows smoothly with the animation, so no more need to punch [2nd] as you go along.

This is the first version that LOOKED awesome, so I'm thrilled.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Apr 2009 10:35:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Apr 2009 08:53:21 am    Post subject:

that looks great! awesome work!
Galandros

Posted: 02 Apr 2009 03:04:25 pm    Post subject:

Looking great. The animation I saw wasn't pump or somthing like that?
AMkiller

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 02 Apr 2009 03:25:38 pm    Post subject:

Really nice hydropump graphic Smile

If you want use a lot of stats like 'STAB, attack,type matching,life points ,defense,special..., you could maybe use Celtic III?
It has an utility to read data from archived lists wich is really usefull for all those stats.
It has also the same functions as Xlib , so you don't need to change your program a lot.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Apr 2009 04:05:58 pm    Post subject:

AMkiller wrote:
Really nice hydropump graphic Smile

If you want use a lot of stats like 'STAB, attack,type matching,life points ,defense,special..., you could maybe use Celtic III?
It has an utility to read data from archived lists wich is really usefull for all those stats.
It has also the same functions as Xlib , so you don't need to change your program a lot.

I am WAAAAY ahead of you. I've been using CelticIII for two months now and have drastically improved my program. I've nearly eliminated the use of lists completely in favor of strings to store nearly ALL Pokemon data. Even when I had version 0.05, it already contained all the features you mentioned, and I was STILL using xLib.

I think in the core part, my game shall be a truly effective battler, even if my overworld sort of sucks Razz
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Apr 2009 04:14:22 pm    Post subject:

The battle animations do seem pretty sweet, can't wait to see them in action though Wink
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 05:37:00 pm    Post subject:

So, this is additional content after the Elite Four? How many pokemon can a trainer have and around what level? What size are the sprites? I'd like to attempt a custom one.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 07:00:03 pm    Post subject:

custom what? o_O

unless you mean customizing the game's data, i suppose that might be possible.

i have decided to add a lot of bonus content to the game, much to be added after E4, but i might change my mind. who knows.
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 07:32:32 pm    Post subject:

metagross111 wrote:
custom what? o_O

i have decided to add a lot of bonus content to the game, much to be added after E4, but i might change my mind. who knows.

I was refering to the trainer sprite. Lol. :biggrin: Also, are you gonna have hold items or no?
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 10:59:48 pm    Post subject:

Art_of_camelot wrote:
metagross111 wrote:
custom what? o_O

I was refering to the trainer sprite. Lol. :biggrin: Also, are you gonna have hold items or no?

oh! lol. sprites are 32x32, you need a black border 1 pixel wide :D

as for hold items, i really don't know. Initially, since this is chromatic, probably not. but if i'm successful here i see no reason why hold items might be terribly difficult.... maybe Neutral..... for a future update, perhaps.

in all respect, i might release one demo in the future, and that's it. the thing is, i want to wait until the entire project is finished before posting something because if i make an update that affects how the game works then old save data may not be applicable and you guys'll have to start over :(

the demo, though, i wonder what to plan for it.....

not that i'm at that stage, yet. o_O

i'm still working on the databasing. attacks will be finished, followed by items, and pokemon species, for the main data. then finish up sprites and some text dumps, and work on trainer data. once all of this is finished, i'll work on battle coding and leveling up, as well as item and event management. from there, tie up a few loose ends, then attempt to create a significant tilemap to tie it all together.

i gotta long way to go, but i'm still enthustiastic about this project. maybe i should start a forum or something, call it "Pokemon Tech"

no.....

that's terrible, i need alliteration! How about 'Cerulean City Studios'? haha! i like that! what ideas do you guys have?

Last edited by Guest on 12 Apr 2009 11:00:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snipes17

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 05:01:29 pm    Post subject:

This is just a suggestion, but it seems to me like all these pokemon projects are working on different parts of the same game. Did you ever consider combining them? Seems to me like the problem with this could be lack of motivation to finish, but if you all worked as a team, you might come up with something better, sooner. It's just a thought, though, so don't take it too seriously if you want to code your own game!
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 05:04:34 pm    Post subject:

the thought has crossed my mind.

but my system of data storage is unique and integrated, and i'd have to rethink the whole goddamn thing to make it any sort of compatible with amkiller's

there is a specific way i want to do it, and in my mind i can see the feasibility of it. throw in a partner, and suddenly there are many unknowns to consider when trying to make a group project.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Aug 2009 12:27:43 pm    Post subject:

haha, I thought I lost this topic. just wantewd to make sure it's still around, thanks goose. Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement