This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 01:06:36 pm    Post subject:

i like to come back every year or so and see how the community is progressing. i have alot of time and may get back into calcs (as i am deployed with the US army right now, i get bored)

so.

did arcane wizard ever come back in a good way?

is the sound programming coming along?, last i heard you could do 8k music for 5 seconds or so.

any big stuff happen ?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 01:31:25 pm    Post subject:

Well, this season's been quieter than most. We never saw Arcane but Leofox, Brazucs, and JAC_StudiosCEO make a couple guest appearances. Robot War is still on track, and youtube pulled my Calculator Tribute video for copyright violations. Razz I'm trying to hand off the Sonic project after the final physics upgrade is done. The forums got upgraded and ticalc got active again this winter. There's also the new NSpire project, while I'll let someone with more details explain in further...er..detail.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 05:21:16 pm    Post subject:

Hey! Would you be working on your old final fantasy game if you went back to calcs, or something else?
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 05:33:18 pm    Post subject:

Not so exciting this year. Less programmers every year or something. :{
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 05:44:05 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Well, this season's been quieter than most. We never saw Arcane but Leofox, Brazucs, and JAC_StudiosCEO make a couple guest appearances. Robot War is still on track, and youtube pulled my Calculator Tribute video for copyright violations. Razz I'm trying to hand off the Sonic project after the final physics upgrade is done. The forums got upgraded and ticalc got active again this winter. There's also the new NSpire project, while I'll let someone with more details explain in further...er..detail.

Wait, your video got pulled off of youtube even though it came out before the Sony commercial... wtf? Or were the copywrite issues about the song used?
There has been quite a few new projects announced and calc84maniac has been showing up some of the veteran coders with his Mario clone and his Z-Mode racer.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 09:33:06 pm    Post subject:

TheStorm wrote:
Wait, your video got pulled off of youtube even though it came out before the Sony commercial... wtf? Or were the copywrite issues about the song used?
There has been quite a few new projects announced and calc84maniac has been showing up some of the veteran coders with his Mario clone and his Z-Mode racer.

Pretty much, Island Records appearantly didn't like the idea of their song being there and youtube yanked the cord. They didn't even give me an "audio swap" or "add advertisements" option. In fact, I didn't even know it was gone until Kevin O emailed me. Next time, I'm just getting my music from Newgrounds. Razz
angel14995

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 10:18:41 pm    Post subject:

Sorry to hear that Digi. I wouldn't doubt that something that big, that "famous" would be looked at by a bunch of people, and would somehow get to the top of the recording industry that owns the song. If you still have the original video, try an audio swap, and repost it with freeware music. I would love to see how it comes out.
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Feb 2009 01:18:40 am    Post subject:

good to hear that there still is interest in the community!! its sad that some of the most brilliant minds turned away.

the Nspire... can anyone do anything on that? i heard the command set was pretty bunk on it. (or a good challenge)

if i did get into programming again it would take me months to relearn everything (especially going back to my old code and trying to figure out what the hell i was doing) that game was a true final fantasy, not alot of content, great graphics and took a HUGE amount of space (i think i had 4? fully interactive screens (that showcased different graphics subroutines/moving npc's/grayscale background) that took the entire RAM of an 84)

speaking of my code... did anyone ever look at that stuff?

i think its so cool that there have been like 18,000 members to the site since '03. even cooler that i'm #72 SmileSmileSmileSmile
Galandros

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 05:31:41 pm    Post subject:

in nspire we can't run ASM code and BASIc is very limited, I mean, there is not pixel, lines and graphics plot to screen :(

Anyway, I am new so I can't compare with before. (unless I really cared and saw some statistics in ticalc and the foruns)
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 08:42:57 pm    Post subject:

I lurk around and pray that Digitan finishes Sonic and/or RW2.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 08:47:18 pm    Post subject:

elfprince13 wrote:
I lurk around and pray that Digitan finishes Sonic and/or RW2.

I just noticed this. Digitan is in charge of both UTI's longest-running active projects Neutral
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 01:02:41 am    Post subject:

I'm just hoping for more awesome projects in general. That Indestructo Tank could really put TI's back in the spotlight!
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 07:24:10 pm    Post subject:

Did someone seriously make a video of that and post it on Youtube.

I threw that game together in just a few weeks and didn't think that it would even be featured and now it has it's own youtube video. I want to start by thanking my mom and my dad and all my friends at UTI. Without them I wouldn't be able to have reached my level of achievement.

Err, I mean...

Wait until this summer when I have some free time on my hands, I may decide to program something else.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 09:12:11 pm    Post subject:

What tha? That's not your account?!!?
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 10:09:29 pm    Post subject:

No, I don't even have a youtube account.
Galandros

Posted: 27 Feb 2009 07:54:16 am    Post subject:

TheTIWizard...
Guesses: pugboy? or Arcane Wizard? no, no the second is less probable

Anyway, great accomplishment bananaman, a featured and with video game! You should be proud.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement