This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Celtic III => Your Projects
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Feb 2009 09:14:11 pm    Post subject:

A bug was noticed when I was experimenting with HEXTOBIN and its relations to STRINGTILE.

When given the hex value of "AA", it seems to return a glitchy token not suitable for STRINGTILE. So kids, when using STRINGTILE, you can't use tiles "AA", "**AA", or "AA**". That is all. Maybe Iambian can clarify what this about.

As of now, that is the only faulty token I have located.

Interesting bits of info. Using "length(" on the string will cause your calc to go busy forever :P

also, recalling the string returns "y3" for an odd reason.

EDIT: sorry weregoose. no need to be bitchy. i'm just trying to show "y3" properly since your foum doesn't seem to have a subscript option.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Feb 2009 12:03:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 11:43:33 pm    Post subject:

There are actually a number of tokens that you "can't" use by themselves. "AA" is just one of those tokens that require a second byte for the TI-OS to make sense of it. To view it back all by itself would make the TI-OS go in loops since it'll try to read a nonexistent byte. IIRC, "BB" is another one of those. Gotta update the ReadME to reflect this information.

Anyway, try to refrain from working around with those strings in their binary form too much by use of standard TI-OS commands.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Feb 2009 11:46:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Feb 2009 05:58:14 am    Post subject:

metagross111 wrote:
i'm just trying to show "y3" properly since your foum doesn't seem to have a subscript option.
Click on (Text Formatting) in the editor and select "Sub-script" to write [color=#222][[/color]sub] tags into your post.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Feb 2009 03:02:33 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
metagross111 wrote:
i'm just trying to show "y3" properly since your foum doesn't seem to have a subscript option.
Click on (Text Formatting) in the editor and select "Sub-script" to write [color=#222][[/color]sub] tags into your post.

kk thnx
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement