This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
jakethepspguy

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Jan 2009 11:55:21 pm    Post subject:

I created a minigame program and I've completed it/think it's satisfactory/want to upload to ticalc. But I have a problem: I'm not at home where my graph link cable works.

I tried to install ti-connect on my friend's computer running vista... but it doesn't install the correct driver. After a lot of frustration, I uninstalled the driver that it randomly installed (because it obviously wasn't working) and uninstalled ti-connect. I then proceeded to follow these steps:

1. Restarted computer
2. Installed TI-Connect
3. Restarted Computer
4. Plugged in USB cable to see if the driver had installed

To my dismay, I got the "windows is searching for driver software" message. Mad

Someone... please help...
jakethepspguy

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 02:47:15 am    Post subject:

I've officially come to the conclusion (and anyone on the face of the Earth can quote me on this) that Windows Vista is a scourge upon the very minds of the computer community. In fact, it should be so outrageously embarrassing to Microsoft that Bill Gates himself should feel extremely remorseful regardless of the fact that I think he sold the company a couple years ago. Yes, and even though this post is a double post and it should probably be moved to the "rants" section, I'm angry enough to type it all out here in its complete paradoxical nature. So please, by all means, make this new idea into a completely new topic in the rant section. My face hurts now...

(To those that enjoy the wonders of Vista, I regret to inform you that your opinions are false.)
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 01:59:29 pm    Post subject:

With Vista and TI-Connect...It's a hit-or-miss. Some lucky people have gotten it to work, but I wouldn't expect it to. I have 64-bit, which only makes things worse. It's not working in the Win7 beta either. Sad
jakethepspguy

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 02:33:29 pm    Post subject:

Sad Well thank you for confirming my beliefs... I guess I'll stop trying then. I tried so many times...
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 04:41:59 pm    Post subject:

it works on my vista pc. I have home premium 32bit.
pieflinger

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 07:02:06 pm    Post subject:

I've actually had a similar problem on my XP SP3 computer, but I figured out a fix (It may or may not work on Vista, but it's worth a shot.)

When the computer says the driver isn't found, try to point the search towards the TI-Connect software CD, and let it run.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 07:24:42 pm    Post subject:

I've never had any trouble with TI-Connect in Vista. Also, the window that pops up saying that windows is searching for drivers is normal. It means that windows is searching for the correct driver. If it has trouble finding it, you can point it to the TI-Connect CD, or perhaps the installation directory. And honestly, I've never had a single problem with Vista, and I use my computer for many advanced purposes.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement