This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Dec 2008 06:07:24 am    Post subject:

Merry Christmas Everybody.
And happy new year.

so the big question is What did you get?
was it what you wanted?
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 Dec 2008 09:08:51 am    Post subject:

I got gas money to take a road trip out to New York with my brothers.

The rest, I have no clue, because the family doesn't arrive until tomorrow.

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Dec 2008 05:05:55 pm    Post subject:

Merry Christmas. Me, I got some clothes and an insurance payment on my car. Woot Woot. That crap is expensive.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Dec 2008 05:41:22 pm    Post subject:

Rock. Band. II. Busy. 'Nuff said.

Oh, and at this point, I've probably been given four electronic Sudoku games as gifts over the years. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Guest on 25 Dec 2008 05:43:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Dec 2008 07:24:27 pm    Post subject:

I got a booklet of suduku in my stocking.
I also got a psp and a Desodering iron and sodering iron Smile
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 Dec 2008 08:56:32 pm    Post subject:

HTC Touch SmartPhone, 1TB external HDD, Li-ion Tool set. THouse are the main things but I got a few other little things.
ticalcnoah

Posted: 26 Dec 2008 09:18:47 pm    Post subject:

I got super smash brothers for the wii, some cash and a 0 degree sleeping bag.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Dec 2008 09:36:46 pm    Post subject:

I got an emergency weather alert radio and that thermal-reflective blanket on my winter survival pack list. No extended family over, but I did get to talk to my many creditors. Still have another 40 months on my season of giving.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 27 Dec 2008 01:43:15 pm    Post subject:

Books lots a books, an air hockey table, sweatshirts, and guitarhero worldTour
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 27 Dec 2008 02:07:36 pm    Post subject:

Lots of books Very Happy Including "Euler: The Master of Us All", "The Feynman Lectures", I finally found a decent text on Umbral Calculus as well as a couple on Group Theory, plus a few more random ones. I spent three hours in the Math/Science section at Borders' with over $200 in gift certificates. I love Christmas Very Happy
Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Dec 2008 11:04:02 am    Post subject:

Merry belated Christmas! I would have posted earlier, but one of the things my family got for Christmas was a new modem, and it's still not working properly, so the internet's been kinda messed up (just flickering on and off randomly). Anyway, here's my list of Christmas presents!

• A case for my iPod
  • Speakers of rmy iPod
  • A bunch of video games for the Nintendo Wii including Guitar Hero World Tour
  • Some charging docks for my Wii remotes
  • A few books from family members
  • Some Sharpies (yay! Razz)
    and my favorite present of all time...
  • A brand new Samsung LCD HDTV!!! (super yay! Very Happy)
So you might say I had a pretty good Christmas! Since I don't know how long the internet will be working, and how long it will stay out next time it does flicker off again, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 28 Dec 2008 11:06:36 am; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 28 Dec 2008 12:36:04 pm    Post subject:

Wow, Either most of you guys have rich parents or you must be only children.

This is the grand total of items that I got for Christmas...

• $60 for gas money to New York
  • 40 dice for playing liar dice
  • Game of rook

I guess that when you have a large family (4 brothers, 2 sisters, 2 sister-in-laws, and 3 nephews) things change a little bit. Since my immediate family is so large we always do a white elephant style gift exchange with the family members. It makes it quite interesting though. I almost snagged a DVD of "Life is Beautiful" and some hot-chocolate and hot-apple-cider. I had it on the last round, but my Mom snagged it from me. I was able to reclaim the dice though, so I was still pretty excited.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Dec 2008 12:37:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Dec 2008 02:23:19 pm    Post subject:

bananaman wrote:
Wow,  Either most of you guys have rich parents or you must be only children.

This is the grand total of items that I got for Christmas...

• $60 for gas money to New York

• 40 dice for playing liar dice

• Game of rook

I guess that when you have a large family (4 brothers, 2 sisters, 2 sister-in-laws, and 3 nephews) things change a little bit.  Since my immediate family is so large we always do a white elephant style gift exchange with the family members.  It makes it quite interesting though.  I almost snagged a DVD of "Life is Beautiful" and some hot-chocolate and hot-apple-cider.  I had it on the last round, but my Mom snagged it from me.  I was able to reclaim the dice though, so I was still pretty excited.
[post="130711"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah I agree with you. I'd never get something like an LCD TV. I'd have to pay for that. But it's still cool that he got one though. I did get a car though in August before I started college so I'm not complaining. I'm happy with what I have. :biggrin:
Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Dec 2008 05:15:18 pm    Post subject:

Newbie wrote:
Yeah I agree with you. I'd never get something like an LCD TV. I'd have to pay for that. But it's still cool that he got one though. I did get a car though in August before I started college so I'm not complaining. I'm happy with what I have.  :biggrin:
[post="130712"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, technically the TV isn't just mine. It was a gift for me, my brother, and my sister. But still, I got over $250 worth of video games, so I'm most definitely not complaining! Smile
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Dec 2008 09:13:57 pm    Post subject:

I am one of 13 children so our christmases are intersting... if my parents only get 2 presents per child there still are 26 presents... and we generally get more then that.
angel14995

Posted: 29 Dec 2008 10:42:03 am    Post subject:

Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger, a bunch of books, and some much-needed shirts (my younger brother is just my size, so he "accidentally" steals my shirts). My bros got some Wii games, but overall a good Christmas. And now I have a real reason to get Sony to give the PSP a font like Courier - so that walkthroughs load correctly.
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Dec 2008 06:00:29 pm    Post subject:

@angel14995
I know how you feel my little bro steals my clothes all the time...
Chasney913

Posted: 30 Dec 2008 09:16:31 pm    Post subject:

I got a bunch of food, although I specifically mentioned I'd prefer less food and more gift cards.
Also, 300 and some odd dollars towards university, as well as luggage.

On the fun side, I got LittleBgPlanet and Resistance 2, gift cards for games, and a book about the history of E=mc².
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement