This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Dec 2008 03:35:17 pm    Post subject:

A recommendation of Digitan's was to put Steelersfan1693's posts under moderator preview, and I'm in agreement with that decision. (His posting history up to this point would suggest why.) I raised his warn level, set the preview to 14 days, and sent him a PM:

Weregoose wrote:
Steelersfan1693,

Staff members have noticed an excessive amount of crossposting (posting the same message in multiple threads all across the forum) and necroposting (bringing up topics that have been inactive for long periods of time, usually without worthy enough content to do so). The forum community generally disapproves of these posting behaviors.

For this reason, we've placed your account under moderator preview for two weeks, meaning that future posts up until that time will not be publicly visible unless they are given a staff member's seal of approval. This is to clear the air should the next few posts start to look like the last several, as well as to support a positive transformation in that regard.

Best wishes,
–Weregoose

I'll start watching out for posts that need to be filtered.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Oct 2009 04:08:08 pm    Post subject:

Apparently, Steelersfan1693 thought that copying a whole thread from Cemetech and then dumping almost 2000 lines' worth of content into one post (from the Deal or No deal help topic) was a fine idea. Following that, he necroposted to a 4-year-old topic with nothing but the original post's content. I warned him and sent him a PM:

Quote:
Well, here we are again. I'd first tell you that it's not okay to flood a topic with a thousand lines of text, and secondly that it's not acceptable to post to a 4-year-old topic whilst contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion, but I believe that you already know these rules from past experiences, right?

Either you become acquainted with the rules of this board and start behaving more like a member—and less like a spambot—or we'll have to start setting up some restrictions on your account. Try hard to appear like someone who wants to be able to post here, rather than someone who is carelessly tossing that opportunity out the window.

Thank you.

-Weregoose (UTI Staff)
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Oct 2009 04:57:48 pm    Post subject:

D'oh! What's with that guy? I guess I could throw another necroposting PSA out there for the new members since we've had a few other necroposts lately.

[edit] 12 hours later...

Looks like he's at it again. This time, multi-posting and messages that are only partly complete. I'm almost compelled to ask his age or main language because there seems to be trouble getting the message through for some reason.

Last edited by Guest on 20 Oct 2009 12:27:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 10:09:47 pm    Post subject:

I'm giving him one last chance to develop.

Weregoose wrote:
Your account has been suspended for two weeks. Failure to follow any of the site's Terms and Conditions thereafter will result in a permanent ban. There will be no more warnings after this.

–Weregoose
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Oct 2009 05:49:25 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like a good decision. It appears his double-posting habit has been a handful at Cemetech this month as well.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 09:08:20 pm    Post subject:

Well, looks like the suspension didn't take after all. Don't know how that happened.

As it was unbeknownst to the audiences that he should be suspended (and seeing as this guy just got himself banned from Cemetech, so it probably doesn't matter that much), what say we call the suspension over and that he's hanging by his last thread (no pun intended)?

Last edited by Guest on 26 Oct 2009 09:09:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement