This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Ribcakes

Posted: 09 Dec 2008 10:46:10 am    Post subject:

i just switched from using Ti-connect to using the Tilp program.
i downloaded the gfm.tar.gz file
but i haven't the slightest idea how to install it

i know it sounds stupid, but i really have no idea

thank you for any help
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Dec 2008 01:57:57 pm    Post subject:

Just use TI-connect... no mess. I once installed TiLP and it messed up Ti-connect and I couldn't send /w either of them.

(and make sure it is the windows version, not the linux)
ticalcnoah

Posted: 10 Dec 2008 02:11:31 pm    Post subject:

Actually if you can get tilp working it's a far superior connection software.
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Dec 2008 02:24:35 pm    Post subject:

ticalcnoah wrote:
Actually if you can get tilp working it's a far superior connection software.
[post="130144"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Which I could not Very Happy (I've never had any trouble with TI-Connect, after all)
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 11 Dec 2008 12:45:53 am    Post subject:

What os are you using? I believe the tarball (the file you downloaded) does not have a windows installer.
Deo Favente

Posted: 11 Dec 2008 12:19:58 pm    Post subject:

Use 7-zip to inflate the archive. 7-zip is a very useful program, its free, opensource, cross-platform and supports many different archive types.
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
First of all i cant get TI-Connect to work on my computer but on a computer i did get it to run on, its pretty lame. The only good thing about it is that it installed cleanly, but isnt that the case for all software disigned for windoze: installs clean but sucks for everything else except playing games?
Iv'e installed TiLP and it looks far superior but so far ive been havent trobule accessing things plugged into my usb ports lately.

@Mapar007: It does make sense that Ribcakes is using windows since Ti-Connect worked but how do you know the os wasnt switched as well? Ti-Connect can run on linux, it just cant do anything with your calculator.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement