This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 Nov 2008 04:54:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Hey, I'm mapar007 and I'd like to become a member of the UTI programming group, could you tell me what that involves?

Thanks beforehand

Mapar007

What does everyone else think?

I haven't been around enough lately to have an educated opinion on this.

Last edited by Guest on 30 Nov 2008 04:54:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Nov 2008 09:36:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm not in favor of this just yet. He's made 25 posts so far, and not much of that demonstrates what I'd like to see in a UTI Member – mostly, he's been asking questions and saying "thanks" a lot. As he learns more, he'll have more to contribute, but for now it's not at a level where he should be adorned with a rank that's meant to show to other members what they should aspire to become.

[EDIT]

It sounds like he's not certain of what UTI Membership entails, and that he may have only read about it here.
[quote name='D2-FAQ :: United TI :: Forum Titles and Member Groups']Any group with UTI in front of it are people who are a member of the United TI programming group. This gives access to some hidden sub forums and some other priviliges.[/quote]

Last edited by Guest on 30 Nov 2008 09:46:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Nov 2008 11:56:14 pm    Post subject:

I'm gonna second that for now. It's been less than 2 months and we really don't know anything about him. If it were me typing out the response, I'd just say that's too early, but that UTI membership will be watching to see what he can do.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Dec 2008 04:38:20 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
Mapar007 wrote:
Hey, I'm mapar007 and I'd like to become a member of the UTI programming group, could you tell me what that involves?

Thanks beforehand

Mapar007

I already PM-ed AlienCC, but as he seems not to respond, I send this PM to you. Sorry for my impatience  Smile
Hi, Mapar007.

We had a short conference about this two days ago and decided to "wait and see," simply because the qualities that we hope to find in a UTI Member haven't been reflected satisfactorily by your current posting history. There's all the time in the world to make this up, and of course there's going to be effort involved; not all of those qualifications are absolute, but we appreciate seeing someone who is definitely trying...

What we are looking for is someone who is active and helpful to other members, offers insights and encouragement, contributes quality information that genuinely adds to a discussion, and generally has a positive impact on the forum's atmosphere while keeping a good track record within the community. Add to that a fair promise of longevity (so that we don't assign the status to a hit-and-run forumer), and one becomes a shoe-in for the UTI Member position.

The position is awarded with a blue name in most places where you'd find a list of users. You'll also find yourself with more storage space for personal messages, plus you would get specialized access to a hidden subforum called "UTI Members Chat". Lastly, you might even obtain a free subdomain (i.e., space for a personal website) if requested. Don't forget that once this status is reached, you should do your best to maintain good posture, as that'd be the time in particular to focus on being a good role model for future candidates.

Any more questions?

–Weregoose
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 14 Dec 2008 05:11:38 am    Post subject:

Thank you.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement