This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
{AP}

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 02:19:37 am    Post subject:

I just found this site today.
I thought I'd share my progress on a RPG in the works.
I'll get a download for the most up-to-date version soon.

Here's the most up-to-date movie of gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvBLZPQfjNA

More screenies here:
http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?topic=296.0

Main project page here:
http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?topic=185.0

Progress Since v2 (in a nutshell):

• Town - Shop and Inn work.
  • Battle - Finally graphical. Random generated creature sprites, HUD, attacking, and items work.
  • Switched from xLIB to Celtic III.
  • Sidebar replaces all menus accessible in town.
  • Character Creation screen majorly upgraded.
  • Save/Load system majorly upgraded and now is stored in a program rather than lists.
  • Countless optimizations resulting in only taking a max of about 5k RAM at any time.

To-Do List:

• Get spells to work. (again)
  • Add another page to the sidebar. (for race/class/spells [all one page])
  • Animations for the battle system.
  • Switch to a dungeon and random encounter system instead of that little input command I have now.
  • Create bosses.
  • Create quests.
  • Improvise!
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 09:19:02 am    Post subject:

Looks great
Galandros

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 11:25:09 am    Post subject:

Great stuff.

Have fun and we will be waiting.

EDIT: Why CELTIC III? I have no problems for yoou switch from xlib to celtic but I don't know much of celtic...

Last edited by Guest on 29 Nov 2008 11:26:09 am; edited 1 time in total
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 12:25:33 pm    Post subject:

I see you finally found UTI {AP}. Welcome :biggrin: (Where's the whale-squish-puppy avatar? I liked that one)

Quote:
EDIT: Why CELTIC III? I have no problems for yoou switch from xlib to celtic but I don't know much of celtic...

Celtic III is designed to be xLIB compatible but also adds in many more functions. Although it's not complete yet I think the xLIB compatibility is (almost) bug-free.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Nov 2008 12:32:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
{AP}

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 12:51:59 pm    Post subject:

It like to start off by thanking everyone for their positive comments.

Yeah, Celtic III is basically xLIB's currently mildly retarded big brother.
(the mildly retarded thing will be fixed as soon as Iambian continues work)

It does all sorts of useful things that xLIB can't and everything that xLIB can.

One minor bug is that sometimes drawing a box with real(12 that is smaller than 8x8 doesn't work... but apparently that that has to do with location.
If you watched my video, during character creation, the small boxes that showed whether I was picking Yes or No showed up. Whereas, when I was picking whether or not to rename my file, the box didn't show up.

Other than that, Celtic III works fine for me. (albeit, I haven't tested EVERY function and Iambian told us that some of them aren't even implemented yet)
I'm using it for program hiding and the ability to store saved data to a program. (much more secure than using lists, no one can edit there stats this way)
I'll be using it more later, but I haven't gotten to that point yet.

@simplethinker - This forum has a size limit for avatars and apparently can't properly scale down the size of an animated avatar. So... I grabbed something cool out of my old set of avatar that was small enough.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Nov 2008 12:54:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 12:59:02 pm    Post subject:

Celtic III has it's own forum here in the development section. I think the second to last page in the 'progress' thread lists all the to-do's left.
[edit]@{AP}: Good point.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Nov 2008 01:21:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
{AP}

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 01:06:42 pm    Post subject:

Where do you think I got the information and download? =P (it's also how I found this site)

Last edited by Guest on 29 Nov 2008 01:06:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Nov 2008 06:54:16 am    Post subject:

As soon as I finish my shell project, I'll participate too, if you guys like it.

EDIT:nvm, I thought it was a community project

Last edited by Guest on 30 Nov 2008 06:57:16 am; edited 1 time in total
{AP}

Posted: 30 Nov 2008 02:32:31 pm    Post subject:

Haha, I wish this was a group project.
I found that brainstorming, designing, and programming an RPG on my own can be a hellish tax on one's mind.
Still, knowing that I can do it makes me feel great.
(albeit, some of the recent updates were inspired by communication with people at Omnimaga, and I had someone there do my sprites for me)

I'd like to let you all know that the most up-to-date version of my game is now attached to the first post.
All instructions are included in the readme.txt until I get an in-game tutorial.
So, PLEASE read it before trying to play.

On a final note, the project is delayed temporarily.
Only about a week tops. I need some time to recollect thoughts and just a general break from programming an RPG.
I'm working on a mini-project to pass the time and test out my BASIC abilities (albeit, I am still using Celtic III for sprites).
I noticed that all my games are turn based and wanted to try out a simple game with moving objects. In any case, I doubt I'll be sharing it here unless there's an interest in it.

Well, thus ends my, rather wordy, post.
Sorry... I just woke up and my mind won't be back to normal for about another hour.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement