This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 21 Nov 2003 02:35:39 am    Post subject:

Do these guys at Radio Shack ever get on your nerves, asking you for a bunch of personal data when you're just there to buy something as simple as a couple AA batteries? I think we should inconvenience these people as much as they do us. A while ago I was in Enid buying a printer cable adaptor and the guy asked me for my name.

"Ghosseindhatsghabyfaird-johnson," I replied.

(blank look of confusion)

"How do you spell that?" he asked, obviously not wanting to know.

"With a hyphen," I clarified

"Once more?" he asked

"Ghosseindhatsghabyfaird-johnson"

"Could you please spell that?" he asked, glancing at the half dozen people waiting behind me.

"Oh... just like it sounds," I said nonchalantly.

Putting down "Johnson," he went on and asked about the address.

"Washburn, Wisconsin, 14701 N.E. Wachatanoobee Parkway, Complex 3, Building O, Appt. 1382b," I replied.

Almost through writing all this down, I said, "Or did you mean current address?"

Stoping, he said, (becoming irritated) "Yes. Current address."

"Diluthian Heights, Mississippi, 1372 S. Tinatonabee Avenue, Building 14C, Suite 2, Box 138201," I replied quite slowly.

Waiting until he finished I said, "No, wait, it's NORTH Tinatonabee Avenue." Annoyed, he backed up and changed it.

"I think," I interjected.

"And is all this correct?" he asked in a standard manner.

"Of course not," I replied, leaving, "If you want my REAL name and address, look at the damned credit card receipt."

A little mean, I must admit, but no jury would convict me... at least, none that had been to Radio Shack.
yugniht

Posted: 21 Nov 2003 05:30:44 pm    Post subject:

sounds pretty sweet. Not sure if I could do something like that though. What did the guy do/say after you told him to look at the credit card receipt?
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Nov 2003 12:24:28 am    Post subject:

Lol. All the people at the Rockwall Radio Shack know me by name and hate me. I go in there and harass them all the time.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ninja training not complete until Radio Shack employee's suicide you have induced.
AMF513

Posted: 25 Nov 2003 08:50:50 pm    Post subject:

in new jersey, where i live, the people are actually helpfulll Confused
DmitriB

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Nov 2003 12:21:05 am    Post subject:

liar! there is no radio shack in existance that has polite employees. they are all arrogant because they think that they know more then anyone else in the world. my mom and i went to the local shack to buy cat5 cable and after they were finished with the interrigation my mom asked them if they needed her first born too, at which the man snidely remarked that that is not neccessary.

just to let you all know i am the fisrt born in my family.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Nov 2003 10:42:25 am    Post subject:

Aren't they supposed to ask you if you want to give them that information to help in marketing research or something? I that case you can just say no and be done with it?

Good stuff, though.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Nov 2003 10:42:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Nov 2003 12:02:15 pm    Post subject:

Radio Shack : You've got questions we - HEY! Ya wanna buy a new cellphone?
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Nov 2003 12:20:19 pm    Post subject:

Every time I've asked them questions, they've given BS answers. One time I was in there and someone was asking about the ham radios they sold and they were asking if they had to have a license to operate them, and the clerk started spouting some BS telling them no as long as they bought some other crap. Then I piped in and told them the actual restrictions, as far as what bands they could and couldnt transmit on and what they needed a license for and so on and so on. The clerk then says "no! I have a friend who is a... whatever the highest and best license you can get is.... umm....", and I said "extra?", he said "ummm, yeah... uhhh... and he says otherwise....". OK buddy, go die.

RadioXors ShaXors SuXors - the XXX Ninja Clan, away!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement