This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Jan 2009 03:40:16 pm    Post subject:

I recorded some super bootleg low quality recordings with my band this past weeken. All instruments through one microphone, one track, vocals recorded later. Listen, if only to hear our absurdly talented guitarist and alto sax take take there solos. Yeah, the guitar is a little low in most tracks, but like I said it was all one track so it's unfixable.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0mtr1nazsny

Unfortunately, our guitarist was unavailable for vocals, so the songs he does lead or important vocals on (3) are not included here, I'll upload them later this week.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Jan 2009 04:00:23 pm    Post subject:

Your band has a lot of potential. I'm sure that the one track thing makes it hard to get an accurate feeling of your band.

The biggest thing that I noticed is that your band needs to make the songs a little more crisp. The brass instruments don't seem to be quite in sinc with each other.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Mar 2009 09:05:44 pm    Post subject:

Quoteunquote records just rereleased Three Cheers For Disappointment by ASOB. It takes a couple listens to get into, but it's easily in my top five albums of all time and I highly recommend it.

You can hear it here.

In addition, they have a live recording of a Radiohead cover set (again by ASOB) here. Not quite as good as Three Cheers For Disappointment, but it's still pretty impressive.

Unfortunately those are really the only good releases by this band as they broke up soon after the release of Three Cheers For Disappointment and have no intentions of ever reuniting.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement