This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 11 Nov 2008 09:48:45 pm    Post subject:

I started working on a Donkeykong(jumpman) basic project for the 84 its my first big project
right now i am trying to find good character pics that arent to big
if anyone has any Ideas it would speed up the process
the one i have most need of is a donkeykong one (the one i have to work with is 36 by 42 pixels which is way to big)

Last edited by Guest on 11 Nov 2008 09:53:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 01:44:11 am    Post subject:

Start with some stick drawings as a placeholder then write the code because the pictures will take roughly 5% of the total project.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 06:03:50 am    Post subject:

cjgone wrote:
Start with some stick drawings as a placeholder then write the code because the pictures will take roughly 5% of the total project.
[post="128654"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

thanks il do that
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 07:21:12 pm    Post subject:

Well, I don't know what kind of DK size or style you had in mind, but I want to second cjgone's advice. Pixel art always turns out well if you just touch it up with minor improvements or redesigns over a long period. Overall, my advice to for starting any project is to just get the abstract ideas on paper (or paint). Doing just a little concept pixel art before-hand forces you to confront the tougher questions like: "How will it handle?" "What should my code be capable of?" The rest practically writes itself. Unless you get distracted by FPS's but that a whole different topic.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 07:32:40 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Well, I don't know what kind of DK size or style you had in mind, but I want to second cjgone's advice.  Pixel art always turns out well if you just touch it up with minor improvements or redesigns over a long period.  Overall, my advice to for starting any project is to just get the abstract ideas on paper (or paint).  Doing just a little concept pixel art before-hand forces you to confront the tougher questions like: "How will it handle?"  "What should my code be capable of?"  The rest practically writes itself.  Unless you get distracted by FPS's but that a whole different topic.
[post="128676"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I wish it was that simple for me
nomater where i start it usualy ends the seme way
with a process i like to call programmer overload
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 07:47:37 pm    Post subject:

Well, they say most authors write their endings first. Just to keep thing moving in the right direction.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Nov 2008 07:47:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 08:17:27 pm    Post subject:

Im planing on doing some tests on the TI 89
testing what i cant remember.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 08:57:39 pm    Post subject:

Uh, break down large programs into smaller pieces and know that this kind of game actually takes quite a while to program. :P

No instant gratification. =(

If you feel a bit weighted by the over all project, start by programming smaller projects that use concepts from the bigger picture.. Oh yea, as i'm mentioning that using an outline helps a ton in programming too. :]

I think i've written an outline on most of the things i've been working on.

And you can always ask the community here if you have a question. Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 13 Nov 2008 08:59:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 06:15:35 pm    Post subject:

yea im thinking about starting with the homescreen then working my way to the graph screen cause the homescreen is what i do best
but rightnow i have to finish my other programs homescreen version first
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement