This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 08:14:16 pm    Post subject:

i belieive that the not life yet thing is the only good reason the pro abortion people have to go with and deep in there sole they know this two but are unwilling to admit it
Bronco

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 09:39:56 pm    Post subject:

I believe that if I'm not mistaken, studies show that the fetus has all the developments to sustain life after six to eight weeks.

Plus, we kill animals as a need to survive. I'm pretty darn sure that a person can survive without an abortion. Heck, abortion even has harmful affects on the woman anyway.

And yes, I'm especially intrigued be bfr's questions. I would absolutely LOVE for someone who is pro-abortion to answer these. Not so that they may be criticized, but I really am curious about what other people think.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 09:56:40 pm    Post subject:

I dont really want to know their answers I know what thelyll say anyway
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 05:42:20 pm    Post subject:

Bronco wrote:
I believe that if I'm not mistaken, studies show that the fetus has all the developments to sustain life after six to eight weeks.

Plus, we kill animals as a need to survive. I'm pretty darn sure that a person can survive without an abortion. Heck, abortion even has harmful affects on the woman anyway.[post="129031"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Because giving birth to a child is so totally harmless to a woman.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 07:03:10 pm    Post subject:

was that meant to be sarcastic
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Nov 2008 12:03:44 am    Post subject:

fourchanb wrote:
[post="129485"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I want to see the link to the medical study that said routine labor is harmful enough to justify more abortions. A reputable one.
Bronco

Posted: 26 Nov 2008 09:18:46 am    Post subject:

Agreed. I second his motion for a reputable argument.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 26 Nov 2008 09:19:57 am    Post subject:

I um Third that motion ummm Cool yea
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Nov 2008 11:14:29 am    Post subject:

Nobody's arguing that, but there's always the possibility of complications. Besides, being pregnant for nine months is problematic to do at the same time as, say, get an education.
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 28 Nov 2008 11:21:24 am    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
fourchanb wrote:
[post="129485"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I want to see the link to the medical study that said routine labor is harmful enough to justify more abortions. A reputable one.
[post="129510"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
I'm not arguing that. What I'm saying is that it's hypocritic to use the minor harmful consequences of an abortion as an argument against it, when the alternative is making a woman bear a child for nine months and give birth. This can give serious complications for, in example, young women. These are exactly the cases where abortion is justified in my opinion.
JoostinOnline

Posted: 01 Dec 2008 09:52:01 am    Post subject:

The only time that I believe an abortion is justified is when giving birth would result in the death of the mother and child. I wish that there was an alternative, but in some rare cases it is the only way to save a life.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Dec 2008 08:17:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm with you there. There's really no sense in risking the mother or both lives if it can be avoided (of course, I'd like to see the mother or next of kin in charge of that kind of decision). From what I've seen though, that still just accounts for 13% to 14% of the abortions happening today. An insular minority[1]. To put it bluntly, the vast slice of the pie are due to certain people not keeping their legs closed. Or general stupidity. Am I wrong here?...

"Don’t want people to know I had sex or got pregnant".......25%
"Unmarried".......42%
"Not ready for a(nother) child".......32%

And don't get me wrong, I'm not applauding the double-standard here either. If the men of the modern world had stepped up and be a lot more responsible about their sex lives (a big "If"), this probably wouldn't be AIDS Day 2008. But...being the primary care-givers and the ones who actually deliver, women should hold themselves to much higher level of culpability in the manner. For people who mature faster than men, I've gotta say: I am not impressed.

[1] Reasons U.S. Women Have Abortions: Quantitative and Qualitative Perspectives

Last edited by Guest on 01 Dec 2008 08:20:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
CoBB

Posted: 03 Dec 2008 11:16:25 am    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
And don't get me wrong, I'm not applauding the double-standard here either.  If the men of the modern world had stepped up and be a lot more responsible about their sex lives (a big "If"), this probably wouldn't be AIDS Day 2008.  But...being the primary care-givers and the ones who actually deliver, women should hold themselves to much higher level of culpability in the manner.  For people who mature faster than men, I've gotta say: I am not impressed.

But that’s one of the major problems women have to face: double standards. Having to deliver an unwanted baby is much less a health risk than a ‘social risk’. For some odd reason in the majority of the cases it is the woman that’s declared guilty by her environment, even if she was a rape victim. Men rarely have to face such a social stigma, regardless of the fact that they are equally involved in conception. It’s extremely hypocritical to call it a ‘convenience’ when someone wants to cut the story short in such a hostile environment... An abortion is much less memorable for and likely to be judged by your acquaintances (if they notice the pregnancy in the first place) than a growing belly and a baby that was given away in the end. If society was supportive of women expecting unwanted babies instead of just telling them from a high pedestal what to do, the ‘pro-life’ arguments would sound much more convincing.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Dec 2008 11:34:46 pm    Post subject:

I couldn't agree more. Women deserve more respect, and who said the men should get off Scott-free? I say as leaders of Gen Y, let's hold both sides equally culpable. Male and female, young and old, and all points in between. As long as we're still mitigating unplanned pregnancies in the first place.

I'm not giving up my pedestal though. Not unless I get an ivory tower.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Dec 2008 11:35:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
CoBB

Posted: 04 Dec 2008 08:03:19 am    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
I couldn't agree more.  Women deserve more respect, and who said the men should get off Scott-free?  I say as leaders of Gen Y, let's hold both sides equally culpable.  Male and female, young and old, and all points in between.  As long as we're still mitigating unplanned pregnancies in the first place.

Which is a completely different story, because the finger-pointing culpability game is not exactly constructive. People should be educated about sex in general and somehow convinced that birth control is cool (forgive my archaic English Razz), or rather that the lack of it is uncool.

DigiTan wrote:
I'm not giving up my pedestal though.  Not unless I get an ivory tower.

Of course, a real man never lowers his standards. Wink
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 07:53:39 pm    Post subject:

well in the beginnig of the 20th century people belived birth control would destroy the human race
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 09:45:35 pm    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
Nobody's arguing that, but there's always the possibility of complications. Besides, being pregnant for nine months is problematic to do at the same time as, say, get an education.

you'd *think* that would discourage people from trying to impregnate each other while they're trying to get an education.......

Digi is right on the mark though. My opposition to abortion means I will *never* put a woman in a situation that would risk her wanting one. And completely aside from the abortion issue, us guys really need to step up to plate in terms of emotional responsibility and personal integrity....and in this case I'm not talking about abstinence until marriage. Regardless of my personal beliefs on the subject, I know that a pretty high proportion of the people reading this don't share those beliefs. But if you choose to go down that road it is COMPLETELY unacceptable to lie, cheat and manipulate women--other human beings--for your own pleasure.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 10:16:06 pm    Post subject:

lets get away from the subject for a sec what about gay marriage my opinion is it is wrong to call it that if they settled for calling it gay unions that one thing but to call it marriage that is incredibly iexcuseablethey may call it thatbut it wouldnt be true
ticalcnoah

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 10:44:46 pm    Post subject:

GloryMXE7 wrote:
lets get away from the subject for a sec what about gay marriage my opinion is it is wrong to call it that if they settled for calling it gay unions  that one thing but to call it marriage that is incredibly iexcuseablethey may call it thatbut it wouldnt be true
[post="130233"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

First off your grammar and spelling in inexcusable and how is it wrong that two people that love each other should be married.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 10:51:30 pm    Post subject:

BECAUSE mariage is the union between two people of the oppposite sex so if they want to make up a new name for it cause they certintantly cant call it marriage
as for my grammer i should probably proofread my post a little more often and im kinda tired
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement