This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
s_florey

Posted: 05 Oct 2008 06:40:49 pm    Post subject:

i bought a ti 89 and managed to install a few games onto it. however any apps that i put onto the calc dont seem to be accessible. im unsure whether its how im trying to access them or whether i need an OS or if there are any other problems im unaware of but if anyone knows how to go to games and other apps on a ti 89 titanium please help.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Oct 2008 10:51:38 pm    Post subject:

you can access apps from the apps menu by pressing the apps button.

if you want to play games, which are generally not apps, just type in the name of the program and "()" Or you can find it from the list under 2nd +?

some games might need shells, but the majority of them now run nostub.

btw, is it a titanium?
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Oct 2008 12:42:45 am    Post subject:

He mentioned Titanium in his post.
s_florey

Posted: 06 Oct 2008 12:46:01 am    Post subject:

i cant find the command you're talking about. the ti 89 T is actually quite user friendly running through menus rather than commands. it can be challenging in schools however due to teachers all using ti 83s or 84s. but im managing. it has some differences though. if you want to know more just msg me. ill tell you all i can.
s_florey

Posted: 06 Oct 2008 12:47:13 am    Post subject:

(oops misread question lol)
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Oct 2008 02:02:54 am    Post subject:

(Psst! Look around for the button.)
s_florey

Posted: 06 Oct 2008 06:02:19 pm    Post subject:

where do i enter the program name you were talking about into a ti 89 titanium?? ive tried var-link which brings a list of programs but if i hit enter it just closes the list. and i cant see any other programs in my apps list other than the ones that came preset on my calc. if someone can help me i would greatly appreciate it.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Oct 2008 06:13:55 pm    Post subject:

You can just type it in.
s_florey

Posted: 06 Oct 2008 06:34:39 pm    Post subject:

thank you i figured it out finally. but how do i erase memory without a computer?? any quick way im not sure of. my calc had error: memory but i only have a few things on it so im curious if its the game or the memory and would like to just start from the calcs basics to find out.
ticalcnoah

Posted: 06 Oct 2008 09:22:25 pm    Post subject:

Go to the VAR-LINK menu (press 2nd +) and go the program you would like to remove then press the backspace key and you'll be asked for confirmation press enter and it will be removed.
s_florey

Posted: 07 Oct 2008 12:09:04 pm    Post subject:

ok. so ive got some apps on my calc and now know how to access them. however i am now havign the problem of some of the apps that i installed are not running. i tried a few popular games like "falldown" and when i try to play them i get the response "Duplicate variable name" which i assumed meant i have two of the same programs with the same name so it doesnt know which one im asking it to run. but i cant figure out how to solve this problem. any one got any solutions?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement