This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Sep 2008 03:45:54 pm    Post subject:

Well, if as you can tell by the title, I need help with pictures. I have way too any pictures on my computer, and with two hard drives, i have no idea where they all are.I was wondering if there was a program that will xearch my computer for all picture files and show them to me aswell as where they are located, possible even let me move them all into one celtral location (eg: MyPictures) so i can view everything i have. Thanks in advance!
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Sep 2008 04:38:10 pm    Post subject:

One way to do it is to use the Search feature found in the start menu (located in the lower left of the screen, with the Windows icon): Click on "Other search options," then "Pictures, music, or video," and check the box for "Pictures and Photos," then start searching without specifying a search phrase. If you like, you can right click on any result and select "Open Containing Folder" to see where the particular image comes from. Good luck with the sorting.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Sep 2008 04:42:46 pm    Post subject:

If the filetype of your picture has anything to do with the category you'd want to sort it under, then make sure to click the "Type" column after you did what Goose said, so it'll sort it by type.

Remember, if you're searching for a specific filetype, then press Ctrl+F in any explorer window and use "*" as a wildcard; like if you wanted to search a folder for any jpg file, then use "*.jpg" for a search parameter.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Sep 2008 04:54:02 pm    Post subject:

Ah, never really thought of usin the search feature. Although one downside will be that they are all camera named, but the wildcard should do the trick, or atleast help a little...
--Thanks
JoostinOnline

Posted: 28 Sep 2008 06:47:15 pm    Post subject:

rcfreak0 wrote:
Ah, never really thought of usin the search feature. Although one downside will be that they are all camera named, but the wildcard should do the trick, or atleast help a little...
--Thanks
[post="127365"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hate that cameras give pictures weird names, but I suppose it is the best way to prevent duplicates. Btw, what on earth is your new avatar?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Sep 2008 06:53:09 pm    Post subject:

JoostinOnline wrote:
Btw, what on earth is your new avatar?
JoostinOnline

Posted: 28 Sep 2008 07:01:16 pm    Post subject:

Oh, the colors are inverted Very Happy
benryves

Posted: 28 Sep 2008 07:22:20 pm    Post subject:

WinDirStat is a useful way to visualise usage of disk space. (Not entirely relevant to pictures, but as your problem seems to be disk space-related...)

If you're using Windows Vista (which I guess you're not from the "My Pictures" directory) you can just type "pictures" in the top-right search box of any Explorer window.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Sep 2008 07:23:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Sep 2008 08:26:56 pm    Post subject:

JoostinOnline wrote:
yeah its a cheesey knock off of WoW called dungeon runners. Smile

@Ben: that looks cool, have to download that now, thanks! and yes i have XP my favorite widows OS, besides 3.1 ... Smile
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Sep 2008 05:35:29 pm    Post subject:

I would suggest Picasa to find your pictures with minimal hassle.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Oct 2008 05:07:03 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for all the help, and yes, the search feature helped, and so did picasa! Oh and Ben, that program you linked me too, awesome pic of my hard drive space! and I'm gonna post it because its kinda sad in a way..i have way to much stuff. :)

[attachment=2481:attachment]

EDIT: on the pic, on the bottom, the left is my second Hard drive, and right is C drive

Last edited by Guest on 01 Oct 2008 05:08:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement