This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 03:45:38 pm    Post subject:

I have a movie that i made, and i want to be able to watch it on the TV. What i want to know is if their is a way to burn the movie file (.mp4) to a CD and watch it on my DVD player. I don't have a DVD burner readily accessible, and i have plenty of blank CD's. Hopefully one of you know a program that will do this for me!

Thanks in advance.
netham45

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 04:13:18 pm    Post subject:

make a VCD then. Video CD, it fits on a regular CD. You might have to convert the video, and if it's over ~700MB, you'll loose quality too.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 04:30:15 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Netham! it seems like that should work...now to download the software Smile
pugboy

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 04:35:38 pm    Post subject:

Try Windows Movie Maker Razz
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 04:41:26 pm    Post subject:

I did actually,lol, and it crashed my computer..a Microsoft products..wait I'm running XP...
pugboy

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 04:48:30 pm    Post subject:

It crashed? Never had that happen before with something that comes preinstalled...
benryves

Posted: 22 Sep 2008 08:43:21 am    Post subject:

Windows Movie Maker uses external codecs to handle different media formats, and some DirectShow codecs can crash it.

As far as I'm aware, Windows Movie Maker will only output WMV CDs. Your player may not handle WMV (the more expensive it is, the less likely it is that it'll support it - cheap no-brand Chinese players tend to support the most formats, including WMV).

CD burning software (eg Nero Burning ROM) may support converting to VCD for you.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Sep 2008 06:01:08 pm    Post subject:

Ah, yes, I was using those codecs at the time... And thank you for the softwae reccomendations ben!
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 22 Sep 2008 11:05:53 pm    Post subject:

Yes, nero is what i have used in the past. It's simple and i've had no problems with it. VCD's are simply just mpegs anyhow. You should check the manual to see what all formats your player supports. Mine, which is a phillips supports mpeg,divx(multiple codecs), and standard dvd and for music; MP3 and Regular cds. If i remember correctly nero also supports burning dvd content to cds, but don't quote me on it. It has been a while since I last used it.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Sep 2008 05:08:23 pm    Post subject:

Sweet..now to just download Nero.

-Thanks
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Sep 2008 12:20:14 am    Post subject:

Why waste your time with VCDs? Just burn a freaken DVD in universally standard formats and be done with it!

VCDs are for peeople too cheap to buy DVDs, who enjoy lack of quality, and who do not mind fussing with devices to get them to play.

You should buy a spindle of DVDs and a DVD burner. You can get both for under $50

Justin
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Sep 2008 02:18:30 pm    Post subject:

yeah, well give me $50 and ill ge DVD's and a DVD burner, and i would've bought a dvd burner by now if i had the money.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Sep 2008 10:26:59 pm    Post subject:

well, at least a DVD burner will probably come standard on your next comp. i agree though that VCD quality just doesn't cut it. And you can fit so much more on a DVD.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Sep 2008 03:24:39 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, i agree too, but i dont have any extra money..Sad
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement