This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
s_florey

Posted: 18 Sep 2008 12:35:31 pm    Post subject:

I have just bought the ti 89 titanium and cant connect it to the computer. this computer has been recently upgraded to vista. (if that makes a difference) i have searched the disk for the driver files and it finds nothing. i have alsdo tried installing ti connect before the calc and the other way around and nothing seems to be working for me. Sad please i need help!!! where can i find the driver files.
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Sep 2008 01:18:40 pm    Post subject:

Although it's not my place to say anything about that, but it's just not right to repost a topic just because nobody is answering it. If no one is answering it, it's likely because no one has an answer to it, or not enough time has passed. One day is (generally) not long enough to warrant bringing up the topic, let alone creating a new one.

To answer your question, if you have UAC enabled, make sure that you allow the installer to spend 3+ minutes to install the necessary drivers, since none of them are signed. If it's not enabled, I'm not sure whether or not Vista will outright reject the drivers and not tell you or still give you a prompt about unsigned drivers. Vista seems to have a problem with that, but if you can patiently wait, you'll get them on.

As far as drivers go, you should download the most recent version of TI-Connect from ti's website and then actually install the thing.

As an alternative, you can look for the most recent version of TiLP and install that. If you choose to go that route, you MUST uninstall TI-Connect prior to installing TiLP.

After you have installed your favorite linking software, THEN connect the calculator to the computer and wait for the calculator to be recognized. If the calculator will not be recognized, you should reset the calculator and try again. Although that method solves problems with the TI-84+ series, I'm unsure whether or not this might clear any problems. Just... try it and see.

Oh, and... welcome to United TI (though it's not my place to really say that, either)

Last edited by Guest on 18 Sep 2008 01:22:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galandros

Posted: 18 Sep 2008 05:34:46 pm    Post subject:

You got VISTA...

See this file to help with TI connect:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/403/40349.html

I did not see or tried that because I have XP but I saw sometime in ticalc and saved the link to some of my friends or anyone else.
s_florey

Posted: 18 Sep 2008 08:02:22 pm    Post subject:

that link wont help because it says it cant help with the vista 64 bit just the 32 bit. i have 64. also ti connect only looks for the calculator through com ports not in usb ports. does that make a difference?? even after ti connect was installed... my computer wont install the calculator drivers even from the disk. it just cant find the drivers. i cant figure it out Sad
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Sep 2008 08:26:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry to say, but I don't think you'll be able to find 64 bit drivers for calculator linking.

Your best bet would be to switch to a 32 bit version of some operating system and hope for the best.

( Anyone that can prove me wrong, now's your cue to do so )

EDIT: If you really wanted to, you could try developing TiLP and try to release a 64 bit version for yourself, but I know that would be a bit too... much.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Sep 2008 08:32:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galandros

Posted: 19 Sep 2008 06:58:43 am    Post subject:

Or exists a way to emulate from a 64, a 32 bit running?

I do not know even if that is possible, just a thought.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Sep 2008 10:40:04 pm    Post subject:

try tilp though iirc, my 64 bit ubuntu setup couldn't use the tilp drivers correctly for some reason. i should probably give it another shot.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement