This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Robot War

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Oct 2008 04:00:02 pm    Post subject:

Okay, this is the first attempt. It assembles fine with no errors or crashes. But some things to consider... Since I am just doing simple still images and key presses, I decided to skip the grayscale engine and simply swap the 2 image layers at high speed. It seems nice and flicker-free on WabbitEmu. If WabbitEmu doesn't flicker, any chance of flicker on the real thing?

Other notes:
* I couldn't get GStudio to import this image in a pixel-accurate manner, so quite a few individual pixels have been altered. Minor issue.
* For some reason, the two shades of grey are indistinguishable. I'm displaying layer for 1 interrupt cycle, and layer 2 for twice that duration. Also minor for now.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Oct 2008 04:04:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 01 Oct 2008 04:31:23 pm    Post subject:

You will always get flicker, but Wabbitemu will give you an optimistic screen view (less flicker then normal) PTI should be more accurate (except it doesn't accept ROM's)
JoostinOnline

Posted: 01 Oct 2008 04:52:31 pm    Post subject:

luby wrote:
You will always get flicker, but Wabbitemu will give you an optimistic screen view (less flicker then normal)  PTI should be more accurate (except it doesn't accept ROM's)
[post="127476"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What are you talking about? PTI accepts ROMs just fine, which is the only reason you can use it. In fact, you can use up to 4 different ROMs at the same time.
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 01 Oct 2008 11:46:52 pm    Post subject:

In wabbit emu under the options heading, set the display mode from perfect gray to steady frequency. This should display more or less as it will on calc.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 01:14:00 am    Post subject:

JoostinOnline wrote:
What are you talking about?  PTI accepts ROMs just fine, which is the only reason you can use it.  In fact, you can use up to 4 different ROMs at the same time.
[post="127481"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, he means ROM more in the sense of FlashApps. Other than Flash2App, any 8xp version of this I test on PTI will pretty much be cut from the same cloth as the app. But I guess the direct approach is just to give this prog to somebody here and let them see it. Anybody want it?

Last edited by Guest on 02 Oct 2008 01:18:42 am; edited 1 time in total
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 02:36:11 am    Post subject:

PTI accepts ROMS, Programs, FlashAPPs and other calc variables just fine (I think the only exception is group files containing archived variables). Wabbit doesnt emulate the LCD by default, it makes things look much nicer, but you can get it to look identical if you mess with the settings.

Ill test it btw! Smile.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Oct 2008 03:12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 03:18:03 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I'll PM it to you tomorrow. Since we're going through the trouble, I might as well throw a few postcards in there too. If I can find a way to import these greyscale bmps (or if Spasm will do it), I'll go ahead and say this current benchmark is complete.
Madskillz

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 09:40:33 pm    Post subject:

here I redid nano's titlepic in CalcGS. I also threw in a little touch up of my own just for kicks, kinda a mix between your's and nanos and then a touch of mine.
pugboy

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 10:10:04 pm    Post subject:

Looks great :D

I would be glad to test it on my NSpire 84+ keypad for you Very Happy
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 03 Oct 2008 01:37:21 am    Post subject:

Im pretty sure SPASM can import gs bitmaps, but CalcGS can convert them into an acceptable format anyways.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Oct 2008 03:51:30 am    Post subject:

Madskillz wrote:
here I redid nano's titlepic in CalcGS. I also threw in a little touch up of my own just for kicks, kinda a mix between your's and nanos and then a touch of mine.
[post="127519"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ah, I see what ya did there. Very Happy

Yeah, keeping with RW tradition, this title will too be animated. I'll start by adding a ripple effect to the bay's reflection and go from there if more animations are justified/requested. I'm undecided on whether I want to do that now or later when I merge the 82 and 83+ source into a master folder. Probably later.

In other news, I finally got a well-paying full time job way up north. What this means for Robot War is I'll be working fewer hours, and game-writing more. It'll still be another 5 or 6 weeks before I have a permanent address, but with no job search or night jobs anymore, things should be picking up.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Oct 2008 03:53:08 am; edited 1 time in total
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 03 Oct 2008 07:42:32 am    Post subject:

Wow thats fantastic news! ... For your *and* for us! Very Happy.

*hides*
Madskillz

Posted: 03 Oct 2008 11:26:54 am    Post subject:

Wow great news...How far up north?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Oct 2008 01:07:09 pm    Post subject:

It'll be just north of Minneapolis. It's a pretty remote area but luckily not too remote for high-speed internet. I just need to make sure I don't start playing this (vid) to much again.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Oct 2008 09:24:47 pm    Post subject:

If you still want people to test the game, I will, its looks awsome!
Madskillz

Posted: 03 Oct 2008 10:49:43 pm    Post subject:

I was gonna say, I live in minnesota. I live in southern MN, but yeah I got a cabin up way up north and I go to a lot of concerts in the cities so I know my way around fairly well.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Oct 2008 02:36:45 am    Post subject:

rcfreak0 wrote:
If you still want people to test the game, I will, its looks awsome!
[post="127543"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well I am planning to do a blur test sometime in November. I'll need to set a target frame rate for the game and make sure all the images are nice and distinct.

Quote:
I was gonna say, I live in minnesota. I live in southern MN, but yeah I got a cabin up way up north and I go to a lot of concerts in the cities so I know my way around fairly well.

Yeah, that would definitely be a long drive. I'll be at a temporary address until mid November, but it's highly likely I'll be 45 minutes to an hour north of the metro area. As far as how this will affect the game progress, it's no worse than my past end-of-semester moves. A few days off next week and a day off a month after that.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Oct 2008 10:49:05 pm    Post subject:

tr1p1ea wrote:
Im pretty sure SPASM can import gs bitmaps, but CalcGS can convert them into an acceptable format anyways.
[post="127526"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

spasm now can, ask Spencer about it.

btw congrats of the job digi!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Oct 2008 01:41:13 pm    Post subject:

It looks like the current code is still prone to flickering, even on the NSpire. Tr1plea is going to donate some code to fix this, and in the meantime, I'm going to break off and and start porting the sprite and tile routines. When they're done, I can start merging all this into the original source file. Most likely, this will all get done by early November.

By late November, I want to have a working tilemap on the 83+ build. But this week, the main thing is getting high-quality grayscale, getting insertmem to work, and the sprites.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Oct 2008 09:29:22 pm    Post subject:

Well, I just moved into my temporary spot on the Minnesota/Wisconsin border. The wireless here in the building is a little sketchy, but it clearly works well enough to get the projects going again.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 10 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement