This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Jenab6

Posted: 12 Sep 2008 02:01:40 pm    Post subject:

My computer is a COMPAQ Pentium 4 1.8 GHz running Windows XP Home Edition.

My calculator is a TI-89 Titanium HW4 OS 3.10.

I have the calculator physically connected to the computer with the USB cable that has the narrow head for the calculator slot and the wide head for the computer port.

When I first attached my calculator, my plug and play software detected the calculator, but I said that I didn't want to add it just then -- thinking that I could do so later.

I downloaded TI Connect (program), but it seems that it can't locate my calculator, not even when it is TURNED ON and ATTACHED BY CABLE.

My computer, using TI Connect, "searches" for the calculator, COM 5, COM 2, COM 1... doesn't find anything there.

The funny thing is, when I turn the calculator on or off (when the cable is attached on both ends) a bell ringy kind of noise comes out of my computer speakers. But that doesn't help me upload my TI-89T files to my computer.

What do I do? I have programs that I want to share with people.
SimonSaysBleed

Posted: 12 Sep 2008 04:02:33 pm    Post subject:

First I would recommend uninstalling TI Connect and then try plugging your calculator in and installing the drivers. Hopefully you won't have to do anything more than that...
pugboy

Posted: 12 Sep 2008 05:35:52 pm    Post subject:

The CD and manual says to not connect your calculator to your computer until you install TI Connect FYI (unless that is just for the TI-84+)
SimonSaysBleed

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 11:49:20 am    Post subject:

pugboy wrote:
The CD and manual says to not connect your calculator to your computer until you install TI Connect FYI (unless that is just for the TI-84+)
[post="126818"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

And these would be the same people that designed TI Connect right...Razz
JoostinOnline

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 07:32:22 pm    Post subject:

SimonSaysBleed wrote:
pugboy wrote:
[post="126818"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

And these would be the same people that designed TI Connect right...Razz
[post="126831"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You have to have TI-Connect on there so the correct driver will be installed. That is a normal thing with hardware that comes bundled with software.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement