This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
bwang

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 04:14:39 am    Post subject:

bsl: could you give a few more details on how one would go about writing a C program to do the directory listing?
Lego

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 09:49:12 am    Post subject:

I also ask my self the question if the entire os is loaded to ram during boottime and each application is loaded to ram if it is launched so that they are independent from flash, why cant we just code an upater wich replaces the os files.
so we could decrypt the os, replace some files needed to have ndless, repack it, copy it to nspire and launch a programm which does an rm -rf / (without removing /documents) and copys all files we have packed to /.

i guess the problem is to write to / without beein jailed in /documents like with the directory listing or does anyone have a answer why this way is not beeing used for updating untill we have ndless 2.0?

Because thats a way how to backup an Linux Installation by just taring / and if something went wrong you just write back all files.

Last edited by Guest on 24 Jul 2010 09:50:21 am; edited 1 time in total
fb39ca4

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 01:38:27 pm    Post subject:

Lego wrote:

I also ask my self the question if the entire os is loaded to ram during boottime and each application is loaded to ram if it is launched so that they are independent from flash, why cant we just code an upater wich replaces the os files.
so we could decrypt the os, replace some files needed to have ndless, repack it, copy it to nspire and launch a programm which does an rm -rf / (without removing /documents) and copys all files we have packed to /.

i guess the problem is to write to / without beein jailed in /documents like with the directory listing or does anyone have a answer why this way is not beeing used for updating untill we have ndless 2.0?

Because thats a way how to backup an Linux Installation by just taring / and if something went wrong you just write back all files.

I think the OS gets verified on each boot.
critor

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 07:07:05 pm    Post subject:

fb39ca4 wrote:

Lego wrote:

I think the OS gets verified on each boot.

You're right.

The OS is checked when installed, and also by boot2 at each boot.
Boot2 is checked by boot1 at each boot.

The only "safe" way to pass through all those checkings and future soft-protections, would be to get the boot2 private key...
fb39ca4

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 01:58:33 pm    Post subject:

Is there anything checking boot1?
calcdude84se

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 02:18:02 pm    Post subject:

Boot1 is read-only and therefore unmodifiable.
ExtendeD

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 27 Jul 2010 04:08:04 pm    Post subject:

It seems that the flags controlling the press-to-test mode are stored between offset 8 and F between the minimum version and the diags flag. This is why rebooting or upgrading the OS keeps the calculator locked.

Goplat, do you already have info on this?
Goplat

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 27 Jul 2010 06:06:54 pm    Post subject:

ExtendeD wrote:

It seems that the flags controlling the press-to-test mode are stored between offset 8 and F between the minimum version and the diags flag. This is why rebooting or upgrading the OS keeps the calculator locked.

Goplat, do you already have info on this?
I don't. I haven't really looked into Press-to-Test mode.
bob71

Posted: 31 Jul 2010 02:34:18 pm    Post subject:

Hi.
Is any way to run the TI-Nspire CAS 2.0 OS on the Non-CAS ti-Nspire with touchpad? I don't mind if certain things don't work i'm just interested in being able to use CAS functions on my Non CAS Nspire.
Thanks in advance!
bwang

Posted: 31 Jul 2010 03:15:43 pm    Post subject:

Not at the moment.
bob71

Posted: 31 Jul 2010 03:32:58 pm    Post subject:

bwang wrote:

Not at the moment.

Do you know what's keeping it from installing correctly? Is there anything I could try to modify, or is anyone trying to do this already?

Edit: I've already tried changing the ".tnc" file from the CAS OS install to a ".tno" and the connector recognises it. But when it transfers it says it's corrupt. I read a few things on Hackspire about the .tnc/.tno files and sending them to different calculators, but I don't quite understand it.

Edit2: All I really want are the Algebra functions (mainly "solve") that are normally found on the CAS, if anyone knows of a way to do this that would be great.

Last edited by Guest on 31 Jul 2010 10:43:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 01 Aug 2010 08:06:04 am    Post subject:

The proof of concept of running the non-CAS OS on the CAS calculator has been publicly demonstrated for months, and running the CAS OS on the non-CAS calculator doesn't seem to face significant technical hurdles. There are other, non-technical reasons, why the proof of concept was not released.
bob71

Posted: 05 Aug 2010 09:21:14 pm    Post subject:

Im not sure if anyone has tried this yet but ill ask. The Ti-Nspire has something called a press-to-test mode, and the only way to get out of it is to hook it up to another. It looks like the one coming off press-to-test boots off of the one it's hooked up to. So if you hooked a non-CAS to boot off of a CAS it might install the CAS OS.

Last edited by Guest on 05 Aug 2010 10:02:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
bwang

Posted: 05 Aug 2010 11:47:21 pm    Post subject:

Not going to work.
TI is not that stupid Sad
sim642

Posted: 07 Aug 2010 06:40:33 am    Post subject:

bob71 wrote:

Im not sure if anyone has tried this yet but ill ask. The Ti-Nspire has something called a press-to-test mode, and the only way to get out of it is to hook it up to another. It looks like the one coming off press-to-test boots off of the one it's hooked up to. So if you hooked a non-CAS to boot off of a CAS it might install the CAS OS.

You can get out of Press-to-test by creating some file in calc as well. Once I did it, for fun. There is some pdf in TI servers that explains it.
Goplat

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 03:18:19 pm    Post subject:

New emulator version. New features:

• Implement LCD 16bpp mode
  • Implement more accurate emulation of timers and interrupt controller (thanks to calc84 for figuring out how they work)
  • Fix RSC instruction - RSC #0 was incorrectly optimized, causing carry flag to be lost
  • Fix storing of PC register - should store PC+12, not PC+8
  • If MSR instruction enables interrupts while an interrupt is active, take it immediately
jhgenius01

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 05:47:27 pm    Post subject:

good we've been waiting a while. nice!
bsl

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 08:58:36 pm    Post subject:

New memory editor version:

Works to the current version 032 of the emulator

Minor additions/fixes:
1) Works with either emulator option /1=boot1.raw or /b=boot2.raw
2) Fixed upper memory addressing.[Yes, You can edit screen memory with immediate results. ]
3) Can search in a range using the editor console instead of the entire range from the GUI.
4) Simplifed viewing - now simply enter virtual address without the "v0x" prefix for viewer.
NEW:
Directly sets any number of breakpoints in a memory range:
4) Break on instruction: k> 11800000 11988000 movr12,sp +i //sets exec flag on instruction
5) Break on string read: k> 10100000 10500000 "tns" +r //sets read flag on string
5) Break on string write:k> A4000100 A40096fc 0xff00ff0f +w //sets write flag on screen memory changes with a given byte pattern
6) You don't need python installed to run it. I used py2exe.
KNOWN BUGS:
Although setting thousands of breakpoints on the emulator during a long session
seems stable and a lot can be learned, unsetting too many breakpoints at once tends to crash the emulator.

NOTES: Its best to set breakpoints in small regions of memory where certain entry points are likely to be observed.
Entry points of one kind tend to be grouped together in memory.
Examples of grouping are the C standard library, Nucleus entry points, driver entry points and handles, to name only a few.

EXAMPLE: Set instruction breakpoints on most of the entry points known and unknown on boot2:

Code:

c:\>nspire_emu_032.exe /b=boot2.raw /f=ndless_noncas_1.1.raw /d
11800000: e59ff018      ldr     pc,[11800020] = 1181f220
### - now start the memory editor and from the system menu(upper left corner) select "set breakpoints" -
On the editor console:
 k>  11800000 11988000 movr12,sp +i   // break on "mov r12,sp" - boot2 is 0x188000 bytes long
 Found  3793
 breakpoints scanned  3793
 breakpoints (un)set  3793

Then continue on the emulator

[attachment=3269:memedit_004.zip]

Last edited by Guest on 13 Sep 2010 01:06:40 am; edited 1 time in total
xtjacob

Posted: 05 Oct 2010 07:37:32 pm    Post subject:

calc84maniac wrote:

Smartzkid wrote:
Some reference docs for anyone interested & too lazy to look up for themselves ;]

http://www.arm.com/p...arm9/arm926.php

http://infocenter.ar...js_r0p5_trm.pdf

Just out of curiosity.. has anyone tried overclocking one of these yet? They run at 90 Mhz, but their processors are rated up to 200 Mhz.

I've clocked it up to 150MHz (not sure if it's really overclocking, because I think TI really underclocked it in the first place)

I'm curious, how'd you overclock it?
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 05 Oct 2010 09:54:21 pm    Post subject:

http://hackspire.unsads.com/wiki/index.php/Memory-mapped_I/O_ports#900B0000_-_Power_management
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 43 of 46 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement