This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Oct 2008 03:41:47 pm    Post subject:

annyway:

is the decoding directly intrigrated in the calc??? or does it runs a decoding program?
TylerMcL

Posted: 13 Oct 2008 08:56:51 am    Post subject:

ATTENTION:

This is to all the nSpire hackers. I may have found a possible entrance into running your own code on the nSpire. I can't say anything on here for classification issues, but I really think I've got something here. Darkerline, if you see this, just know that I'll try gettin ahold of you in the next few days (I've got work and an interview). If anyone wants to volunteer their time and knowledge, please contact me via AIM (Moneybagstyler -- had it since 4th grade Razz) or email me at Tyler.McLaughlan@Yahoo.com. Either one works.

Sorry I can't report any findings at this time Razz Gotta keep it quiet Smile
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Oct 2008 10:01:48 am    Post subject:

You should probably contact brandonw too. I believe he's doing quite a bit of nspire investigation on his own.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Oct 2008 04:37:40 am    Post subject:

yay
TylerMcL

Posted: 14 Oct 2008 08:39:55 am    Post subject:

lol "yay" :P

I didn't exactly say that I have it hacked yet, which is why I'm seeking some help from someone experienced. I've been really busy, as usual, though. I just had to work from 5:30 to 1:30AM last night.

I'm gonna try to contact some more people from Hackspire, along with brandonw. I sent him an IM, but he wasn't around to reply, and when he did, it was in the middle of the night, and I was passed out from exhaustion Razz
JoostinOnline

Posted: 14 Oct 2008 09:19:06 pm    Post subject:

TylerMcL wrote:
lol "yay" :P

I didn't exactly say that I have it hacked yet, which is why I'm seeking some help from someone experienced. I've been really busy, as usual, though. I just had to work from 5:30 to 1:30AM last night.

I'm gonna try to contact some more people from Hackspire, along with brandonw. I sent him an IM, but he wasn't around to reply, and when he did, it was in the middle of the night, and I was passed out from exhaustion Razz
[post="127835"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Me thinks that exhaustion wasn't the only reason Very Happy
TylerMcL

Posted: 14 Oct 2008 11:03:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Me thinks that exhaustion wasn't the only reason laugh.gif

lol -- hey! naww... I don't do anything like that... Messes with your head - so I've heard. I've got too many productive things to do Razz
FocusedWolf

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 01:28:41 am    Post subject:

Hey you crack it and i'll buy one lol.

Anyone notice how the nspire cas doesn't have 3d graphing... what was TI thinking!!! if we cracked it we could implement that easily lol

Anyway i think their might be a way that works with ps3 and xbox... i.e. a mod chip... lawl calculator warez...

Last edited by Guest on 15 Oct 2008 01:35:23 am; edited 1 time in total
MSR5

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 02:08:07 am    Post subject:

lol, after all of these ideas and plans it seems like it would just be easier to make your own calculator.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 04:43:55 am    Post subject:

do you have anny idea how hard to it to design chipis?

try creating a chip that adds a to b and stores result in a

good luck :D

btw... school will never alow homemade calcs in class lol
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 06:53:43 am    Post subject:

darkstone knight wrote:
do you have anny idea how hard to it to design chipis?
Hopefully not as hard as it is to read that one line... Does your browser use a spell checker? Razz

Last edited by Guest on 15 Oct 2008 06:59:21 am; edited 1 time in total
TylerMcL

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 08:24:22 am    Post subject:

Razz that's always weregoose havin to shut someone down, lol.

I can't imagine how hard it is for weregoose to talk to me on AIM. Every other line I put in is either a 'lol' or 'btw'. I'm sure he wants to kill me by now. :D

oh, and by the way, i spoke to brandonw about the Nspire, and I can't say anything more than "it's gonna take quite a while."
Galandros

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 08:34:24 am    Post subject:

Old school here, huh? :|

And seriously, using a spell checker is good but I don't like it. It makes me lazzy at English. The consequences are bad...

I am very interested in see the results of that possible exploit. But the next move was obvious... Too much "sound" is bad. (note: I did not found a better translation of an expression of mine) (note2: maybe cheer or noise instead of sound is better...)

TI beware... TylerMcL and brandonw are out there... xD

Last edited by Guest on 16 Oct 2008 07:54:53 am; edited 1 time in total
SonicBoom95

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 11:52:56 am    Post subject:

I'm waiting for the spellchecker that won't let you post until everything in your post is spelled correctly.
TylerMcL

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 10:31:22 pm    Post subject:

hey, give galandros a break Razz It appears that you're from portugal? Either your english is pretty good for being Portuguese, or your translator is terrible :P

Quote:
TI beware... TylerMcL and brandonw are out there... xD

Eh, brandon is more of the one to be wary of. I'm just starting to get into the project -- he knows 100 times more about it than I do. But all things must start somewhere, I suppose?
FocusedWolf

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 02:36:34 am    Post subject:

We must focus our energes on the ti-nspire situation. Their must be a way that with a magnifying glass and a drill that we can break the drm locks :P

After reading that the main chip of the nspire is a system-on-a-chip... i was like... o shit... that's like a block against most attacks like modchips would tackle cause all the stuff is inside that chip... not exposed for de-soldering. The only thing out there is the ram and other memories... that might be a way to do it... if we can someone use the ram to reveal secrets then maybe their's a way to crack it. But i'm sure TI just use rams inside the chip for the sensitive stuff... ya this is a bad situation... the only way would be if we can defeat the encryption.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Oct 2008 02:43:20 am; edited 1 time in total
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 05:30:18 am    Post subject:

Modchips?

Most of the hardware will most likely reside in the ASIC, but not really for security reasons. Mainly for manufacturing/assembly/cost.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 06:47:51 am    Post subject:

I think you may be under the delusion, FocusedWolf, that modchips come out of thin air and hack devices. In fact, devices are first hacked, and then modchips are designed to package and sell the exploit en masse. And in a situation like this, I doubt a modchip will ever be used, since the circuitry is so small in calculators. I also doubt one will be necessary. An exploit in code will be found, since it's rather likely TI made at least one security mistake while designing/coding this device.
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 07:36:44 am    Post subject:

magicdanw wrote:
I think you may be under the delusion, FocusedWolf, that modchips come out of thin air and hack devices.  In fact, devices are first hacked, and then modchips are designed to package and sell the exploit en masse.  And in a situation like this, I doubt a modchip will ever be used, since the circuitry is so small in calculators.  I also doubt one will be necessary.  An exploit in code will be found, since it's rather likely TI made at least one security mistake while designing/coding this device.
[post="127916"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I guarantee that they did.

Modchips or any kind of hardware modification are never going to happen.

And you are never going to break the encryption on this calculator...ever. Anyone looking into this is wasting their time. We can't even sign our own 83+ OSes, let alone "somehow" figure out what the Nspire does and work around it.
Galandros

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 08:03:24 am    Post subject:

TylerMcL wrote:
hey, give galandros a break Razz It appears that you're from portugal? Either your english is pretty good for being Portuguese, or your translator is terrible Razz

Really? My native translator sucks. xD
Portuguese have a strange advantage over "nuestros hermanos": almost all games, not infantile movies and tv series are in English.

TylerMcL wrote:
Eh, brandon is more of the one to be wary of. I'm just starting to get into the project -- he knows 100 times more about it than I do. But all things must start somewhere, I suppose?
[post="127909"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sometimes, how less we know, the better we see some things. The most simple things many times. Who knows lots, think in a complex way, too.
In Physics some 10º students see a easier way to solve a quite simple problem than a 12º one.

So is good all kinds of people entering this "puzzle". The news about hardware seem bad. And also we can not underestimate always TI. =/

Last edited by Guest on 16 Oct 2008 08:04:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 46 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement