This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Aug 2008 09:05:56 pm    Post subject:

Next to eBaum's World (relevant thread), nearly all UTI-bound links this month were from a guy's signature at L2Pride.net. I found the post of the attachment he was linking to and then removed it, noting that it was merely a copy of this popular image. I'd let him know, but he doesn't seem to have any contact information available. Anyway, perhaps now he'll learn his lesson regarding piggy-backing from a random site.

Last edited by Guest on 05 Aug 2008 09:07:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 Aug 2008 12:21:33 pm    Post subject:

By default hotlinking doesn't work when the link they use is directly to the image file, usually I try to monitor sites that have too much traffic coming from them to an attachment to a post but I'm not always available to monitor it all the time. Thank you.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Dec 2008 11:47:25 am    Post subject:

Months later, and the problem is finally concluded. I stepped in and registered an account at the forum which contained the troublesome signature, and had the administrator remove the inoperative link. (For reference, this is what it caused our statistics pages to look like.) We should have a clear list of incoming URLs next month and for the new year.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement